2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

On 11/7/2021 at 6:23 PM, DoctorWhom said:

Reminder that the Packers wasted a 1st round pick on Love.  

Crazy how despite how bad they played (well both teams did) Packers still had a chance at winning this game if their Special Teams didn't decide to wet the bed today. 

And he had all of a walk through to learn the scheme for Sunday. That's not enough time to get ready when you're playing the Sisters of the Poor let alone a NFL team. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Sport said:

To win in Pittsburgh you always have to overcome at least one egregiously bad call that benefits them. The onus is on the visiting team to play perfectly while the Steelers can do whatever they want. I don't know why, but it's been that way for as long as I've been watching football. 

It really is absurd.  SBXL is to this day the biggest farce of a football game I've ever seen, but I just watched the highlights from last night and I'll say it again - if you don't think the refs / league are weighting games in order to satisfy Vegas and/or the networks, you're a complete fool.  I'll go as far as to say that it's even more widespread than the officials, in that the Eagles had an extremely questionable 2-pt conversion that resulted in either a cover or a non-cover, when the PAT, which was the obvious move based on the score, would have been a push.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

It really is absurd.  SBXL is to this day the biggest farce of a football game I've ever seen, but I just watched the highlights from last night and I'll say it again - if you don't think the refs / league are weighting games in order to satisfy Vegas and/or the networks, you're a complete fool.  I'll go as far as to say that it's even more widespread than the officials, in that the Eagles had an extremely questionable 2-pt conversion that resulted in either a cover or a non-cover, when the PAT, which was the obvious move based on the score, would have been a push.

At least none of them hip checked a player and then threw a flag. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have nothing to add to the "bad officiating in Pittsburgh" discussion . . . other than that I've seen lots of it too.

To change topics, how has no one mentioned that Matt Nagy called a timeout just before Boswell's game winning field goal (presumably to ice the kicker, because I didn't see any other reason for the timeout).  Yes, he wasted a timeout knowing that the only potential outcomes to follow were (a) the Bears would be taking a knee because Boswell missed or (b) the Bears would have 0:26 to get into field goal range.

I think it's safe to say that the Bears would like to have had a timeout to use during their final drive.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

4 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

I have nothing to add to the "bad officiating in Pittsburgh" discussion . . . other than that I've seen lots of it too.

To change topics, how has no one mentioned that Matt Nagy called a timeout just before Boswell's game winning field goal (presumably to ice the kicker, because I didn't see any other reason for the timeout).  Yes, he wasted a timeout knowing that the only potential outcomes to follow were (a) the Bears would be taking a knee because Boswell missed or (b) the Bears would have 0:26 to get into field goal range.

I think it's safe to say that the Bears would like to have had a timeout to use during their final drive.

Clock was stopped for the measurement and was going to start running when the ref signaled. Steelers would've run the clock down if he didn't call TO

• Like 1

And see now I'm finding myself doing stuff I've never done in my life: learning how point spreads work.

Had that Bears TD stood, they'd have won (presuming a good PAT) 34-29. That's a seven-point swing for them. They still almost won last night despite the obvious refball going on. (And yeah, it bore entirely too much resemblance to Super Bowl Xtra Ludicrous.) Among the phantom blocking foul, the noncall on the late hit to Justin Fields, and the hip-check personal foul penalty, yeah, one could reasonably assume the fix was on.  (By the way, how many times have players run into refs before just by incident and not been flagged? Just saying.)

But of course Black and Yellow Nation will deny these allegations--some in just about the most annoying of ways--and the talking heads will keep talking up the Steelers like they're one of the top teams in the league (they're not, and last night showed that). But heh, whatever...at the end of the day, it's all just entertainment for paying spectators, I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

45 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Clock was stopped for the measurement and was going to start running when the ref signaled. Steelers would've run the clock down if he didn't call TO

In that case, I withdraw my criticism.

My recollection is that the timeout was called with the field goal unit on the field.  That's why it seemed like he was just icing Boswell.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

This is really sad - and this is pre game.

(f-bomb at the very end)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

45 minutes ago, BBTV said:

This is really sad - and this is pre game.

(f-bomb at the very end)

College friends of my wife and I got married on Saturday. Groom is from Cleveland, bride from Cincinnati, and they live in Cleveland now. With the Browns-Bengals game just happening to be scheduled for the day after it was just too perfect not to do something for the game on Sunday*. We latched onto my other friend's long-running tailgate and invited guests of the wedding Bengals and Browns alike to the tailgate. Pretty much the only fun part of the day for me. That was a 1 pm kick and people were READY. If that had been a 4pm kick someone might've died. 

*exact same thing happened after the day after I got married in 2017, lucky enough. That was a much more fun day for the home team. 

• Like 2

PvO6ZWJ.png

Man, the NFL really sucks. 

That greasy unwashed idiot Aaron Rodgers openly flaunts the rules for months, while doing "his own research" (watching Joe Rogan and listening to his equally stupid girlfriend), and gets fined less than other players do for leaving their shirts untucked. Meanwhile, equally dumb but much more honest guys like Kurt Cousins and Lamar Jackson had to walk around in masks all fall... They should be pissed. I guess no one told them all they had to do was be an arrogant, red-assed POS, and they'd just get a slap on the wrist.

I'm going to channel my inner BBTV and hope Rodgers breaks both kneecaps in his first game back. Then he can get roomed up in the hospital with some other anti-vax mouth breather, they can trade covid back and forth, and discuss horse antibiotics. 

• Like 14

Saints make sense. But Chiefs? I thought OBJ wanted to go to a contender? Plus they already have Gordon & Hill.  

Unless OBJ wants to play Defense, Chiefs shouldn't even be talking to him. 

Honestly I'm surprised The Falcons Or Titans haven't come up at all. Either would be a perfect match for him. 

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm going to channel my inner BBTV and hope Rodgers breaks both kneecaps in his first game back.

Shattered testicles would be pretty awesome too.

• Like 5