2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

There really needs to be a ref in the booth that only looks at QB hits and buzzes down when there’s a legit foul. On-field refs get too many game-changing 15-yard penalties wrong - they shouldn’t throw the flag unless it’s beyond question. Just let the booth monitor it. 

Same with PI.  But a system like that would take away from the ability to manipulate the points or even outcome of games.  

I'd add holding to that. The refs took Seattle out of field goal range at the end of the first half on a phantom holding call against the Hawks. That was 3 points off the board. It's currently 3-0 GB in the fourth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Cam Newton is back, baby! You could feel how different this team is. Obviously the Cardinals were missing several of their best players, but the energy is completely different. I think we can ride this momentum into the playoffs. Not sure if we can do much beyond that, but I'll take it for how bad the Darnold era was.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

Fans were whining that Fox took the Dallas game off because it was a blowout. There's just no pleasing some people.

Take the 40-point win and be happy about it. They're 7-2, still first place in the NFC East, and you're whining that you didn't get to see Dallas swallow Atlanta like they were a boa constrictor because they were up by 40, and Fox made the decision to change to a more competitive game.

• Like 2

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

This is by the far the best game I’ve seen the Chiefs play all year. Play like this on a regular basis and I think it’s safe to say that their demise has been quite exaggerated. 

Seems like Mahomes was more willing to take what the defense gave him.  They looked good!  I really like Darrel Williams and it's a shame he's going to have to cede the top spot to CEH because he doesn't always look great running the ball but he does a lot of things really well. I also think CEH is a bit overrated.

The Raiders waste Waller so much. They need to be more creative with how they use him and get him open. 

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, Red Comet said:

This is by the far the best game I’ve seen the Chiefs play all year. Play like this on a regular basis and I think it’s safe to say that their demise has been quite exaggerated. 

Completely agree. I thought that kind of commentary was really laughable. No one has really jumped out as the top dog in the AFC (could hear an argument for the Titans tho).

Chiefs are still very much a contender in that conference. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

18 hours ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Fans were whining that Fox took the Dallas game off because it was a blowout. There's just no pleasing some people.

Take the 40-point win and be happy about it. They're 7-2, still first place in the NFC East, and you're whining that you didn't get to see Dallas swallow Atlanta like they were a boa constrictor because they were up by 40, and Fox made the decision to change to a more competitive game.

Cowboys played angry today. Like they were out to prove that last week was an aberration. It didn’t really matter who the Cowboys were playing next. They were going to blow them out.

Kinda feel bad for Atlanta, at least a little bit. The Falcons just happened to be that unfortunate team who the Cowboys played next. 

That blowout loss to Denver might very well end up being a good thing, a good lesson in humility, in the long run for this young team (tho I’d have preferred the Cowboys to not get that lesson in the form of a blowout loss lmao). 

I’m still not used to seeing this aggressive of a team coming from the Cowboys. Under JG, they were always the team that would let up and give up massive leads. This was as impressive of a beat down as I’ve ever seen the Cowboys lay. I know it’s just the Falcons, but beating a professional football team 43-3 is kinda nuts. 

• Like 3

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

9 hours ago, Red Comet said:

We said this about Cleveland last week, so who knows if they can be consistent. That's been the big issue for every team this year. 

• Like 6

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

12 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

If there are any other Seahawk fans here, I am going to say this now: There shall be no mention of what happened yesterday in Green Bay.

Understood?

17-0 LMAO. (Titans fan here but I like the Packers). 

xFUdNmt.png

4 hours ago, Seadragon76 said:

If there are any other Seahawk fans here, I am going to say this now: There shall be no mention of what happened yesterday in Green Bay.

Understood?

Neither QB looked ready to play. Both were missing some passes by wide margins. It was windy, but not that bad based on how the winds felt in the stands.

It's where I sit.

I watched the Packers/Hawks game and, yeah, Carroll is right on pretty much everything here: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32638605/pete-carroll-officials-played-huge-part-seattle-seahawks-loss-green-bay-packers

On Seattle's opening drive, the official's initial spot gave the Seahawks a first down on Wilson's third-down scramble. Play was stopped because of an injury to Green Bay linebacker Rashan Gary. Officials then ruled that Wilson was short of the line to gain a first down, bringing up fourth-and-1 from Seattle's 41.

Carroll took issue with the amount of time officials had to change the spot.

"There's a fellow hurt on the play and so time passes," Carroll said. "We got a first down and we were in the huddle, we break the huddle, we're at the line of scrimmage ready to go and they stop the game and reverse that play. The way we understand it is that the booth has like 20 seconds to make those decisions to overturn a call that might have been wrong on the field. But they had minutes and minutes and minutes. I don't know, did they open up the span of time to look at it? I don't know. I don't know how that happened."

Carroll said after the game that officials told him the spot was unlikely to be changed back to a first down had he challenged. On his radio show, he said he might have gone for it instead of punting had the running play clock not hurried his decision.

"I've never seen that happen before like that," he said. "As they're explaining it to me, they already started the shot clock, so I don't even know what the distance is on the play until I'm looking around. It's fourth down. Oh, heck, we've got to kick the football and kick them deep. That's what I'm thinking. I didn't have a chance to even figure that out in enough time to go ahead and decide to go for it."

One play doesn't decide a game, but it was 3-0 headed into the fourth. Clearly, every play mattered. The refs killed the Hawks multiple times on those early drives.

It was a bull :censored: game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags