MLS Kits 2022

VampyrRabbit

On 1/29/2022 at 1:53 PM, upperV03 said:

Updated Galaxy mockup, now with the quasars on the collar:

spacer.png

Would it be overkill if the shorts' leg openings (or whatever you call the equivalent to sleeve cuffs)  had the quasar pattern too? I personally think it would be a nice added touch.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On 1/27/2022 at 8:14 AM, upperV03 said:

The Galaxy are going without a sash on their primaries for the first time since 2010/2011:

The cuffs are a nice tough, but the rest is underwhelming. Sad to see the sash go in favor of something as plain as this.

I totally agree; a bummer to see them without their distinctive design element (same for Philly without the center stripe or Dallas without the hoops...)

But on the flip side, I wonder if the Galaxy's lack of sash this season has anything to do with their contract with the Herbalife MLM... AFAIK, it could (hopefully) come to an end after this season, and so maybe they went sash-less to avoid the usual gap in the sash being potentially blank? I dunno, but it's too bad that lovely fauxback kit won't live to see that day...

10 minutes ago, okcsooner35 said:

https://twitter.com/austinfc/status/1487612934104793091?s=21

Austin FC new away kit leaked in second pic? Or is that the GK uni?

This one?

FKUMpsqX0AA-zAJ?format=jpg&name=large

That's a keeper kit, and looks like last year's design:

nashville-sc-2021-goalkeeper-kit-1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

EABigiLX4AAwMrE.jpg

To me, this is the quintessential Galaxy kit and I like their identity a lot more when they channel Real Madrid than River Plate. 

la-galaxy-16-17-throwback-kit+%25285%252

landon-donovan-life-and-career_6.jpg

If they want to do the sash, it needs to be on a yellow kit and not a white one.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GFB said:

To me, this is the quintessential Galaxy kit and I like their identity a lot more when they channel Real Madrid than River Plate. 

I get that based on the personnel that wore it, obviously, but to me it hurts that the Galaxy's quintessential look is Adidas at its absolute worst of the aughts -- curly piping and random panels all over the place. If nothing else the new leaked LAG kit is a nice alternate history of that look as the simple, timeless base.

I like the sash as a link between pre- and post-Beckham LAG brands, and as a hedge against too much Real Madrid cosplay, but using their colors correctly is also generally enough for the Galaxy to look like themselves.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Digby said:

I like the sash as a link between pre- and post-Beckham LAG brands, and as a hedge against too much Real Madrid cosplay, but using their colors correctly is also generally enough for the Galaxy to look like themselves.

My problem with the sash in general is that very few of the sashes actually look good, especially in the modern club format where it is interrupted by the sponsor box (international teams avoid this problem).  They don't put the sash in team colors,  make the sash overpowering by making it too busy, or the sash throws off the color balance by eliminating the majority of yellow from the identity.

1205772573.jpg.0.jpg

steven-gerrard-galaxy-shot.jpg

20121201_gav_sv5_031.0.jpg

And on the rare occasions that the sash actually looks good, it's let down by modern templates that don't allow the sash to reach the top of the shoulder: 

sebastian-lletget-mls-la-galaxy-b-110620

7 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The only good sash in the MLS recently

spacer.png

(totally kidding, but I actually really liked this kit and wish they would've kept the sash the next year and not gone with the vertical gray stripes)

Also, unlike those Galaxy sashes, this is an example in which the sash isn't broken up by the sponsor logo. Extra points to Minnesota for this one. 

• Like 2

Apparently the Crew’s new kit is gonna be yellow:

Not sure if this means they’re keeping the 2020 black kit or somehow having this new yellow kit with last season’s gray/yellow/yellow kit. In 2016 and 2021 the Crew ditched yellow and promoted black to primary, and now in both instances immediately brought back yellow (gold) the next year. 

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

6 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Not sure if this means they’re keeping the 2020 black kit or somehow having this new yellow kit with last season’s gray/yellow/yellow kit. In 2016 and 2021 the Crew ditched yellow and promoted black to primary, and now in both instances immediately brought back yellow (gold) the next year. 

The only time they'd really need a change kit is vs Nashville. I'd love to see all three kits in use, just because it makes sense to have the black jersey on hand just in case. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Also, unlike those Galaxy sashes, this is an example in which the sash isn't broken up by the sponsor logo. Extra points to Minnesota for this one. 

that’s a good point but the Target circle does intersect with the dash in an odd way…

IDK, something about the Minnesota color scheme doesn’t translate as well to the jerseys as I’d hoped. If the rumors turn out and they do ditch grey for black, I wouldn’t hate that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

i said last year that I could accept the grayish kit if it was setting the cycle up for a yellow/black hoops or stripes kit next time!

Probably not the case … we have seen MLS adjust the usual two-year cycle at times to save face, so that wouldn’t be surprising either.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Digby said:

that’s a good point but the Target circle does intersect with the dash in an odd way…

IDK, something about the Minnesota color scheme doesn’t translate as well to the jerseys as I’d hoped. If the rumors turn out and they do ditch grey for black, I wouldn’t hate that.

They're using the wrong shade of grade is the problem. It's need to be darker and cooler, like their NASL days. The gray they're using now is just a flat gray.

spacer.png

• Like 4