Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

It reminds me of those ridiculous thin blue line shirts worn by the type of people who think Larry The Cable Guy is cultural entertainment. 

Ah yes, the “I disagree with this viewpoint so it must mean those people are evil and beat their wives” defense. I love modern society.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, NicDB said:

I'm one of them and I wasn't being funny. I'm actually surprised that the Bucks didn't shelve them once NBA twitter pointed out the connotation. Especially given all they've done locally to fight bad/corrupt law enforcement

The domestic violence component seems rather indirect but I agree with that the single blue stripe has a possible connotation of condoning police brutality.   Also their secondary color is supposed to be red...and even purple worked...and here we have blue apropos of nothing??

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chakfu said:

The domestic violence component seems rather indirect but I agree with that the single blue stripe has a possible connotation of condoning police brutality.   Also their secondary color is supposed to be red...and even purple worked...and here we have blue apropos of nothing??

Apropos of the Milwaukee city flag and a Nike 'city uniform' or whatever it's called.

I'm not trying to defend the use of the color (because the Bucks ought to be green and red or rainbow green), but I am pointing out that I think your statement is incorrect regarding the 'fitness' of blue.

It's where I sit.

I thought the cleaverjack was as far from the original point of the thread as we could go, but taking a discussion about the WFT rebrand to an insinuation that the Bucks citi-edition uniform condones police brutality takes it to a level never before achieved.  With a tear in my eye, I can honestly say that I'm so proud of you guys - excellent work!

• Like 17

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, dont care said:

There is really no similarity between the 2 unless you are looking to make it an issue

They unvieled those jerseys just a couple of months after the Milwaukee PD was caught on video assaulting a Bucks player, Sterling Brown. It just seems odd to me that for as much as this sort of thing is focus grouped by modern sports franchises that either no one pointed that out or that they didn't just go in a different direction. Especially given how little blue actually figures into their overall look to begin with. 

3 hours ago, jn8 said:

Ah yes, the “I disagree with this viewpoint so it must mean those people are evil and beat their wives” defense. I love modern society.

I don't care to get too much further into it as this is way off topic at this point, but the 40 percent domestic abuse rate amongst law enforcement officers is real, and that's just the cases we know about. A lot of us who lived that experience never saw any kind of justice thanks to the sort of people who made the blue line their symbol. 

• Like 8

On 1/16/2022 at 1:10 AM, burgundy said:

You're thinking of Danny Awful, one of the other members of the quarterback carousel from that season.

spacer.png

He actually wore #7 during training camp, but at some point the team decided he couldn't wear Theismann's number, so instead they had him wear Williams' number, as if that was somehow better.

spacer.png

I hope these are Madden esque ratings out of 99 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

90758391980.gif

13 hours ago, NicDB said:

They unvieled those jerseys just a couple of months after the Milwaukee PD was caught on video assaulting a Bucks player, Sterling Brown. It just seems odd to me that for as much as this sort of thing is focus grouped by modern sports franchises that either no one pointed that out or that they didn't just go in a different direction. Especially given how little blue actually figures into their overall look to begin with. 

I don't care to get too much further into it as this is way off topic at this point, but the 40 percent domestic abuse rate amongst law enforcement officers is real, and that's just the cases we know about. A lot of us who lived that experience never saw any kind of justice thanks to the sort of people who made the blue line their symbol. 

1.  Yes, the Bucks don't need blue in their color scheme.
  2. Yes, Giannis winning the ring in the black jersey was unfortunate (I like the design, though. If they recolored the stripes i'd be down with it).
  3. Police brutality? Really? The Bucks designed those city jerseys way before the Brown incident occured. How were they supposed to know that would happen? Just because they wear a color you don't like doesn't mean you can associate it with something that is actually criminal. If that's the case, "the Bucks thowbacks (and 76ers, and Wizards, and Raptors...) should be canceled also, because they wear red lines, and I'm sure they thought about the racist "red-lining" of African-Americans in many cities and neighborhoods before designing them." Do you see how crazy that sounds?

• Like 4

14 hours ago, NicDB said:

I sympathize with what you went through but at the same time I agree with @LA Fakers+ LA Snippers about the blue in the Bucks' uniform. I don't think it's meant to reflect the "blue line" symbol used by policing. It's just a bad attempt at trying to the city flag and Great Lakes imagery into the team's colour scheme. 

We need to step back and understand that, despite the best intentions of designers and apparel companies to tell us otherwise, it's never that deep. 

• Like 12

17 hours ago, NicDB said:

They unvieled those jerseys just a couple of months after the Milwaukee PD was caught on video assaulting a Bucks player

Wrong, city jersey on which one current alternate is based was release around Christmas 2017 and Brown ([MOD EDIT: No need for that.]) incident was at late january 2018, also blue color (which is with Bucks since 2015) represent Lakes not Police.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Like 1

4r2eer.png

*JUST SITTING HEAR THINKING OF WHAT OTHER TEAMS WE CAN DISCUSS*

• Like 5

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, leopard88 said:

*JUST SITTING HEAR THINKING OF WHAT OTHER TEAMS WE CAN DISCUSS*

How about the Memphis Grizzlies?? 🐻 🐻 🐻 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

18 minutes ago, tBBP said:

How about the Memphis Grizzlies?? 🐻🐻🐻 

FedEx Forum?  FedEx Field.  It's almost too much on topic.

That said, we could discuss how they reworked the branding after the move from Vancouver without changing the name.

• Like 10

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• IceCap locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...