Washington Commanders to debut new NFL identity

DCarp1231

4 hours ago, guest23 said:

I don't think so. Given the history of bigotry in ownership and the horrendous track of the current regime the entire franchise has no belonging in the modern nfl. Send them to the history books where they can live alongside the Pottsville Maroons and Dayton Triangles.

Take the Ravens with them! (Clevejacking in progress)

• Like 1

As much as I had my reservations about the Packers throwbacks, I loved watching this game. You could say it looks like a D3 college game, but you'd need two classic NFL teams to pull it off at the pro level. 

spacer.png

• Like 6

23 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I have to admit, there’s a part of me that was hoping Washington would take this opportunity to switch the shades of burgundy and gold to the 2002 fauxback shades and redesign the new uniform accordingly. Name aside, this is still one of my favorite football uniforms of all time:

spacer.png

Remove the name + spear and put a “W” of some sort on the helmet, and they’d have been in some good business. Oh well. I still think the new set has a lot of potential from the bits we’ve seen, so we’ll have to see how the whole thing comes together when all is said and done.

I loved these uniforms too. But Nike can't won't make shiny pants. So they would look dull and muted and not as good.

• Like 7

51 minutes ago, NicDB said:

As much as I had my reservations about the Packers throwbacks, I loved watching this game. You could say it looks like a D3 college game, but you'd need two classic NFL teams to pull it off at the pro level. 

spacer.png

As a former D3 college football official, I can confirm.

• Like 5

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Prediction that holds zero ground or substantial evidence-

I still think one of the helmets will feature a black facemask with a wide gold stripe and bold gold “W” logo. Similar to this-

spacer.png

It’ll be worn with the white jersey and paired with gold pants to alleviate the blow of a jersey that features black and burgundy with no gold.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VikWings said:

I loved these uniforms too. But Nike can't won't make shiny pants. So they would look dull and muted and not as good.

That doesn't necessarily hold true.  From 1965-1968 the pants on the (Washington Football Team) uniforms were closer to a khaki color and looked great IMO.   Then in 1969 the pants were modified into a more shiny and brighter mustard yellow for the final season in 1969 before their Lombardi uniform change.  Similar to the ones worn in the photo from 2002,  I was hoping they'd name the team the 'Arrows' or something like that and use the 1965-1969 uni's that looked just like the ones worn in 2002 for their 70th anniversary season. 

57 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yep you’re right about that

To be fair, in the video the first helmet pulled out seemed to have a black facemask. Whether or not that was the case or just shadows playing tricks is yet to be seen. There’s even an all black helmet shown. It’s not like the facemasks on a helmet are exclusive to that one specific helmet.  Also, they push the “burgundy & gold” angle pretty hard so why would they remove any trace of gold from one of the uniforms?

EDIT: While the presumed home burgundy jersey takes clear inspiration from the recently used throwbacks, the presumed away white jersey could just be an updated modern version of their 1961-68 uniforms

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 3:51 PM, leopard88 said:

I hadn't figured out what the W reminded me of until now, but it reminds me slightly of this . . . 

spacer.png

I knew you were old, but that's OLD😁😅🤣

Good catch. I remember it, too.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.