NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Not to defend the guy, but isn't plausible that he's just doing a photo op here to mimic the goofy cake topper on the wedding cake? It's not like the guy was standing at the altar in a Dolphins helmet. I'm pretty sure there's some strange pictures of me at my wedding, too. 

Devil's advocate - they added the helmet to the cake topper so that he COULD set up the photo op.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

Actually, my issue is that it appears to be half-hearted. If you are going to do a wedding, either let it be traditional, or go full-steam on a themed wedding , decorations, attire and all.

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

On 6/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, TBGKon said:

Ive always thought the Panthers in a blue helmet like the Dallas Renegades XFL helmet would work well.

03_DALLAS

This was the best helmet in XFL 2.0, and a great helmet all around - the problem copying it for the Panthers, though, is that the NFL won't allow for the black front & back bumpers, or chin strap, which just torpedos the whole look. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 4:16 PM, 4_tattoos said:

FWIW the Florida Tuskers of the short lived UFL had helmets in the same shade of blue as the Carolina Panthers, and they looked pretty darn in action.

Florida Tuskers QB #8 Brooks Bollinger | Florida Tuskers QB … | Flickr

Florida Tuskers helmet photo - Andy Lopušnak Photography photos at pbase.com

Florida Tuskers | Football helmets, Football team, Sports team logos

For a while now I've been hoping the Panthers would get new uniforms where they drop silver and promote their blue to primary color status.

....as you can see here.  This look is complete trash.  

If the Panthers go with a Blue alt helmet, they need to wear it with all Blue unis, or with the all-white unis.  It will look like spit-up with any other combo.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Volt said:

....as you can see here.  This look is complete trash.  

If the Panthers go with a Blue alt helmet, they need to wear it with all Blue unis, or with the all-white unis.  It will look like spit-up with any other combo.

Blue jersey with white pants and blue socks seems like the best combo with a blue helmet. No thanks on the mono-blue.

• Like 5

spacer.png

On 6/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, Kiltman said:

I’d love to see an actually designed full eagle that isn’t just the current head plopped on the retro bird’s body as a new alt logo if they are indeed refreshing those too.

but I am a sucker for this style too

This logo found on the internet is a pretty decent update of the old logo...though the neck area is still a bit too copy/paste. 

I found this Full Eagle logo based on the past one but with a modern twist  and I like it, what do you guys think? : r/eagles

And in modern colors:

I'm an Eagles fan and an amateur graphic designer. I've always wanted to  see a remake of their vintage flying bird logo, so I finally tried to make  one. : r/eagles

• Like 10
  • Meh 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

IMO That doesn’t work.  The head was never designed to be integrated into a full bird, and I’m not sure there’s a great way to make it happen with looking even more forced than that. 

also in the digital age, a logo that’s scaled like that wouldn’t work well in a lot of applications. It would End up being reduced so much that it would be unusable on social media and TV, and only be usable as a sleeve patch (which may be the only intent anyway). 

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

IMO That doesn’t work.  The head was never designed to be integrated into a full bird, and I’m not sure there’s a great way to make it happen with looking even more forced than that. 

also in the digital age, a logo that’s scaled like that wouldn’t work well in a lot of applications. It would End up being reduced so much that it would be unusable on social media and TV, and only be usable as a sleeve patch (which may be the only intent anyway). 

I think the modern head works pretty well in that update, though I agree that logo doesn't work for scalability reasons.

• Like 4

I think the craftsmanship on that logo is pretty good, but because we've gotten used to the standalone head for 25 years or so now, it can't help but look forced even on pretty good work. 

As you said, it's an update of a logo that was pretty bad to begin with, or at the very least one that's particularly ill-suited to 21st-century applications. I'd have to punch up the database and really go year by year, but I don't think the Eagles have ever been a great team in terms of visual identity. At one time or another, there have been some flaws that I find hard to overcome. Kelly green and silver are a great combination, but their old uniforms usually looked cheap or mismatched (white socks with colored jerseys, big faux pas in my book). They vastly improved the helmet wing design with the redesign, but that came with illegible lettering and a '90s dark-and-fade color scheme that overstayed its welcome 12 years ago. I don't think they've had a good wordmark once. All in all, it's more room for improvement than I'd expect for a team in the NFL's featured division. Even the Skins had the fundamentals down. 

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I never liked that ultra detailed Eagles logo. It's too wide, too detailed and just doesn't evoke "team logo" enough to me. It was fine on the sleeves of the jersey but that's it.

I like this one better. It's very "logo-ish" if that makes any sense. If they could pull something like this off then that would be great, and no, please don't compare it to the Falcons.

i31acueza0ooh0v0gmi2.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 1

bSLCtu2.png

21 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

i31acueza0ooh0v0gmi2.gif

Ah, yes, the good ol' Pixel-duck-phia Eagle with segmented right wing / tail feathers & its webbed left wing feathers . . .

Plus, this particular thieving bird of prey is a so-called "Filthy Cheapskate" (definitely no 'Bird of Pay', if you will) that obviously desires a brunch consisting of a 'Philly Cheesesteak' omelette.

I mean, that must be the case, since said cross-species has been blatantly — even if far from clearly — depicted as a pilfering POACHER (double entendre pun fully intended), what with that sheepishly & shamelessly stolen football EGG amid its talons from another bird's nest!

• Huh? 2
  • Yawn 1

On 7/1/2022 at 5:32 AM, WSU151 said:

This logo found on the internet is a pretty decent update of the old logo...though the neck area is still a bit too copy/paste. 

I found this Full Eagle logo based on the past one but with a modern twist  and I like it, what do you guys think? : r/eagles

And in modern colors:

I'm an Eagles fan and an amateur graphic designer. I've always wanted to  see a remake of their vintage flying bird logo, so I finally tried to make  one. : r/eagles

Seeing those two together makes the second one look almost teal 🤔

• Like 4

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Seeing those two together makes the second one look almost teal 🤔

It pretty much is just dark teal. The Eagles' Midnight Green is Pantone 316 C, right by the Jaguars' original teal at 315 C. Jacksonville has since updated to 3155 C, which is used by other "teal" teams. The LA Galaxy used 3165 C, and called it teal. And of course there's the Hornets, who use 3145 C. Then there's the Sharks, who have used all of those as their teal.

spacer.png

• Like 6

spacer.png

On 6/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, DEAD! said:

Groom should have worn a white suit so that the couple matches the cake.

He wife should have taken this as a warning sign that he wasn't willing to put in the full full commitment 

• LOL 3