College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Are players’ jerseys just too short and tight nowadays, causing them to ride up?  If the jerseys were made to be a little bit longer, then perhaps the undershirts, whether they’re tucked or untucked, wouldn’t be visible.

• Like 2

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

I hardly ever really notice the players' undershirts. Doesn't really bother me in most cases. 

I can't stand the aesthetics of it. But, I also realize that during a game, players are going to do what they want and what they are comfortable with. That's throughout all sports. 

I criticized it a couple pages back, but my main issue was that they were doing it during the photo shoot that was created to show off the new uniforms. People worked hard on designing a new uniform for ULM. Their design and the photoshoot deserve better than to have a guy with his undershirt wrinkled and untucked for no reason. Imagine if one of the many great designers on this site got the opportunity to design a football uniform for a university, and during the photoshoot a guy had an untucked wrinkled Gildan t shirt hanging out of the bottom. 

IDK... that would bother the hell out of me

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chawls said:

Are players’ jerseys just too short and tight nowadays, causing them to ride up?  If the jerseys were made to be a little bit longer, then perhaps the undershirts, whether they’re tucked or untucked, wouldn’t be visible.

Most jerseys arrive with about 4-6 inches of excess length at the bottom. Players just get that trimmed off to their liking, as well as bringing in the sides to make the jersey fit their pads tighter and go from there. I have a Hamilton Tiger-Cats jersey with the extra length. My kid could wear it as a dress if she wanted to. You can see who did it in the USFL this year, when players on the Bandits had that hideous side stripe all but disappear when they were able to get their uniforms altered. 

Maryland Terrapins Team-Issued #41 White Jersey with ACC Patch - Size 44

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I can't stand the aesthetics of it. But, I also realize that during a game, players are going to do what they want and what they are comfortable with. That's throughout all sports. 

I criticized it a couple pages back, but my main issue was that they were doing it during the photo shoot that was created to show off the new uniforms. People worked hard on designing a new uniform for ULM. Their design and the photoshoot deserve better than to have a guy with his undershirt wrinkled and untucked for no reason. Imagine if one of the many great designers on this site got the opportunity to design a football uniform for a university, and during the photoshoot a guy had an untucked wrinkled Gildan t shirt hanging out of the bottom. 

IDK... that would bother the hell out of me

Agreed, It's pretty ridiculous to come out at the start of the game or for a photo shoot with the undershirt exposed. If it happens during the game whether intentionally or unintentionally that's fine.

I think a lot of it comes from the place of players wanting to be individuals with their own unique look. Other elements where this occurs is things like gloves, sleeves, cleats, socks, custom knee pads, and helmet visors. Some of those can actually be pretty cool IMO but a giant bloused undershirt is not a good look and is only "cool" in the context that some really good players have done it in the past. 

Of all these things, the socks make me the most irrationally frustrated. In this picture of the Chiefs honoring Len Dawson to start the game for example, which guy does it look like is trying to be an individual during a cool team moment?

spacer.png

I'm only 28 y'all but some of these things make me feel like an old fogey!

• Like 5

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Well folks, we should start seeing uniform reveals any minute now for the games this week/weekend. Seems like things have been a bit more hush than normal, don't know if that's just a conception of my own or if it's related to supply chain stuff still having an affect on which programs are getting ahold of what, and when. 

Most interested to see if Georgia-Oregon is color on color, which has been a theme for CFA Kickoff games and the Peach Bowl in the past. Green vs. Red is going to look like Christmas in September.

Also super interested in seeing just how bad or not bad Georgia Tech's new uniforms will be. They took a major risk with using both flat and shiny gold. The navy-over-white combo will likely be their best of the season b/c it doesn't have any of the flat gold material. 

As well, to round off my local ties, Kennesaw State opens Thursday so should see something from them any minute now. They usually have a uniform reveal clip (I have gotten so tired of those). They mix-and-match just about as much as anyone in FCS, but seem to like going yellow-white-yellow or yellow-white-white to open seasons and then slowly try new things as the season goes on. 

Here's to another 3 months of head scratching and exclaiming "WHAT ON EARTH???" in sports bars even though none of our peers know what we are talking about.

The big underskirt looks ridiculous. On top of that, I know it’s been said multiple times but it’s just one more thing to be grabbed. If I was a coach and one of my guys got dragged down by his huge shirt hanging out of his otherwise skin tight uniform, I’d lose my 💩. I can’t believe coaches allow that crap.

Back in my day you cut off your undershirt just below your pads so you didn’t chafe your nipples on your shoulder pads but you als didn’t have to worry about a big heavy wet shirt coming untucked from your pants and hanging out the bottom of your jersey.

Edit: not sure what going with the weird formatting of the first paragraph-Nevermind, now it’s gone and I don’t want to retype the whole thing. In a nutshell, underskirts suck

36 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Looks like Oregon will have new nightmare green jerseys this season.

Yep, I posted about that one and the leaked black/pink/volt jersey on here a while ago. This one first appeared back in April when recruits posted pics from Coach Lanning’s office and the new nightmare green jersey was placed on top of his desk next to the 2021 jerseys (the black/pink one was leaked the same way). This is the first sighting of the retail version, though. These were actually supposed to be the Pac-12 CG and/or bowl game jersey last year, but they were the away team for both of those. I expect to see these on the field in the home opener against Eastern Washington.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Man, Nike sure does love those cheap looking shiny add ons. They keep trotting them out and they full-on never look good. 

Team: hey Nike, our team wears gold (or silver or pewter) pants. Can you make them shiny like the old days? It’ll really make our helmet/uniform pop in the sun.

Nike: best we can do is some random same color shiny stripes on your collar or underarms that serves no aesthetic or athletic purpose.

• Like 2
KISSwall09.jpg

5 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Every clip in the video has block numbers, but the uniform has roman-style numbers. Is this based on an actual uniform or is a "throwback-style" uniform?

Also doesn't seem like they ever wore that logo on a black helmet before, so definitely more of a fauxback.

• Like 1

The Ducks are going all-green vs. Georgia on Saturday, but with yellow facemasks:

I believe this is the first time in program history that they’ve worn yellow facemasks with green shells. I was hoping for yellow helmets and/or pants, but I’m not against the all-green. The yellow facemasks are a surprise, but they do match the special cleats quite well.

• Like 7

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The Ducks are going all-green vs. Georgia on Saturday, but with yellow facemasks:

I believe this is the first time in program history that they’ve worn yellow facemasks with green shells. I was hoping for yellow helmets and/or pants, but I’m not against the all-green. The yellow facemasks are a surprise, but they do match the special cleats quite well.

Should be a decent looking matchup but I agree, I was hoping for yellow lids and pants. It would have helped a lot for those of us with red/green color blindness.

25 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Should be a decent looking matchup but I agree, I was hoping for yellow lids and pants. It would have helped a lot for those of us with red/green color blindness.

At least there’s a pretty stark light/dark contrast with the two teams’ pants, but the helmets and jerseys will make it really tough on the colorblind front. The yellow helmets would’ve been the way to go IMO.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1