College Football 2022

Kevin W.

1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Some people are asking me on Twitter if these are an updated version for 2022 with darker shoulder accents; I can confirm that they’re the exact same as last year. The dark lighting in these pics doesn’t reflect off the silver as much, making the shoulder design appear darker. 

I wasn't quite sure if they were since the lighting wasn't helping things stand out as much as last year's promos, which used a matching white speckled background when announcing them before the UCLA game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

There has never been a uniform in any sport at any level that made royal blue and black look good together. 

Come at me. 

Duke basketball: 50 best players to play for Coach K - Page 12

114 Penny Hardaway 1997 Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

2005-06 SPx Vincent Lecavalier Card #80 Tampa Bay Light

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

I feel like I'm from another dimension when people say that Lightning uniform looks good. It's one of the worst hockey unis I've ever seen

Opinions are subjective. You don’t have to like it. 

I like it, and think it’s worlds better thsn what they currently wear, and the reverse retro was great, too.

57 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Duke basketball: 50 best players to play for Coach K - Page 12

114 Penny Hardaway 1997 Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images

2005-06 SPx Vincent Lecavalier Card #80 Tampa Bay Light

That's a huge nope from me on Duke and Tampa. Ick.  And I might have to throw a flag on the Magic, as I believe that blue is a little lighter than the standard royal blue.  That said, I still don't think it's a good uniform, color-wise. 

35 minutes ago, burgundy said:

spacer.png

OK, you're gonna have to give me a few seconds to look at this uniform, since this is the first time in my life seeing it.

OK... I looked at it. Don't like it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That's a huge nope from me on Duke and Tampa. Ick.  And I might have to throw a flag on the Magic, as I believe that blue is a little lighter than the standard royal blue.  That said, I still don't think it's a good uniform, color-wise. 

OK, you're gonna have to give me a few seconds to look at this uniform, since this is the first time in my life seeing it.

OK... I looked at it. Don't like it.

You should have just said “I hate jerseys with black and royal blue”. No reason to ask for examples if you already know what the outcome will be.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Holy smokes this BYU helmet is horrendous. On par with the Jaguars gold and black gradient.

Looks like Auburn is doing white masks again against Georgia.

And in the same game, Georgia has gotten in on the Aaron Judge fun and is either joking or teasing black jerseys. I would assume if it’s black jerseys, they’ll be revealed tomorrow. Remember, the original black jerseys debuted in 2007 against Auburn so there is some historical significance. However, Georgia has never worn them against Auburn since that year. They’ve worn them against other teams, but Auburn only the once. Maybe for a 15 year anniversary since their debut?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjYd8fyDkST/?igshid=NDRkN2NkYzU=

4 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Ranking the best Royals jerseys - Royals Review

Detroit Lions new uniforms, branding: A fashionably late review

These were cool looks, its just that it was on teams that probably shouldn't have had them.

Just curious - why do you think they look cool? I assume it is because the colors seem to work well together (and in how they are presented), but I don't want to put words in our mouth.

It's where I sit.

Shame. BYU v ND should usually look like a million bucks but instead we get this bush league matchup. 

And pardon my gatekeeping but if black isn’t in your primary color scheme, maybe don’t use it. It cheapens so many good uniforms that can stand on their own just fine. 

• Like 3
Midway.png

Think these win the award for least accurate throwbacks in the history of sports. I'm no expert in Miami (OH) football uniform history, but I'm pretty certain they've never worn anything like this before.

The team claims they are based on these...

D_021_04_037.jpg

But hey it's a red jersey and white helmet. Guess that's close enough.