2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

36 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

For reasons entirely unrelated to design, PayPal is out as the Suns sponsor. 

Paypal looking for business as stock price has fallen 66% in 15 months. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

This has to be fake, no?

Pretty sure the Sixers aren't using StubHub as their ticket outlet this year, and their ad patch is a crypto one now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sorry if this has already been shown.  Looks legit.  And like 💩.

• Hurl 1
  • Huh? 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Certainly didn't expect this new meh City of theirs to be their most interesting jersey this year...

What comes to the other unveilings, the Magic found a way to incorporate the star pattern that really works. Only the collar and arm trim is BFBS, needs white elements.

The Timberwolves did a great job indeed in coming up with simple but clever tweaks to the wordmark to resemble fangs and harken back to their 90s-00s' style wordmark while retaining the modern look all at the same time, however, it has too many narrow letters squeezed in there that ends up too crammed visually and busy for a chest wordmark to work. Maybe they could do a similar treatment for "Wolves" or T-Wolves" to resolve that issue. Other than that, not in love with the new "Tron" unis. The previous black "MINN" were better.

And what about the Lakers? Are we finally getting rid of their purple unis with black? But... only to get it replaced by another version using black, even though slightly better in a way?... Uh, SMH.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Sorry if this has already been shown.  Looks legit.  And like 💩.

I kinda like these…but I weirdly like nearly all of the Sixers unis the last six years (even the unpopular black boathouse uni)…what is the dark stained wood supposed to represent?

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 9/15/2022 at 11:25 PM, CDCLT said:

Yuck. Every time the Hornets change courts it's a downgrade. I hate that "partial primary" logo they're using inside the 3-point arc and I hate the silhouette logo as well. I do like the basketball at the free throw line as a nod to the old court but why are they getting rid of the honeycomb wood pattern? It would tie in really well to the new Statement jersey.

I think the court is great, other than being black. I found the recent use of honeycomb pattern both on the parquet and the paint and out of bounds areas, two different styles at that, a harsh stylistic and visual clash. The new uniforms not so much, though. The honeycomb really isn't the best choice to have on them, indeed.

Edited by truepg

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I kinda like these…but I weirdly like nearly all of the Sixers unis the last six years (even the unpopular black boathouse uni)…what is the dark stained wood supposed to represent?

I'm assuming it's the original shape of the key before they had to widen it due to Wilt Chamberlain's dominance. 

Glory%20Days%20of%20the%20Old%20Arena.PN

• Like 8

On 9/15/2022 at 9:24 AM, UnclearInitial said:

Much better than their previous Statement jersey. Would have liked them to had gone with white pinstripes instead of black (similar to the 90's alts/away & Dwight era away jerseys) and figured out a way to make the stars within the side panel blue/black in that T-Mac era "razzle" fabric texture. 

• Like 1

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg