Unpopular Opinions

I dont know if this is unpopular but

this

fnwlzpyq69t32gkgv2mhhfs0c.gif

is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy better than this, even if it was BFBS

9279_new_york_mets-alternate-2013.png

This Mets fan likes neither of those uniforms. Give me pinstripes at home and greys on the road any day.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

this

You wonder if this is unpopular? Anything blue and orange is miles ahead of that black crap they used to wear...

the grey/silver script looks terrible, and makes the entire think look horrid.

still think their grey/white/now gone cream/sky white looks best though

What is sky white?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

this

You wonder if this is unpopular? Anything blue and orange is miles ahead of that black crap they used to wear...

What is sky white?

I think he is referring to the snow whites:

ny_a_david-wright-17b_mb_200.jpg

This (with orange socks) is looking way better than black especially for a Miami based team.

Marlins-Red-Orange-Cap-2012.jpg

Personally, I wish the Marlins would go with the orange sleeves and socks and a black hat, like this:

img22711599.jpg

(I think that's just a shooting sleeve but it gets the point across)

That would still look very good...

this

This Mets fan likes neither of those uniforms. Give me pinstripes at home and greys on the road any day.

Sure but to be honest the blue with orange script is a top 5 MLB alt and arguably the best alt they could have when paired with the classic hat. As long as they want an alt this one is perfect.

this

The grey is not ideal but its certainly better than black. I'm not an absolute hater of BFBS (I actually think its a big improvement on teams like the Flames and Lions) but it just doesn't work here. The blue and orange contrast perfectly with each other, and the black out of nowhere is just that, out of nowhere. It looks out of place and really brings the uniform down, especially when you've got both blue and orange in the script.

The grey isn't the best the Mets have ever looked but I'll take it over the black every time.

If you want to see blue and orange done well you need to look no further than Houston and the Tigers roads.

There's something weird about the Mets' identity where colored uniforms just don't work for them like you'd expect them to. Orange numbers, grey numbers, blue shirts, black shirts, it all looks off to me.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think the St. Louis Cardinals' uniforms are incredibly boring. No red alternate, no piping, nothing. Just a white or grey jersey with the logo and some numbers slapped onto it. They honestly look unfinished.

I agree with the Cardinals uniforms being overrated but not because they are boring. There is something off putting about them to me. Maybe the cardinals on the bat make them a little too busy for my liking.

I think the St. Louis Cardinals' uniforms are incredibly boring. No red alternate, no piping, nothing. Just a white or grey jersey with the logo and some numbers slapped onto it. They honestly look unfinished.

I agree with the Cardinals uniforms being overrated but not because they are boring. There is something off putting about them to me. Maybe the cardinals on the bat make them a little too busy for my liking.

For me, the issue is that there's too much negative space on the jersey. The St. Louis alt with the piping looks a thousand times better than the regular home and road jerseys.

• Like 1

In my opinion, almost every baseball uniform is boring. The script, logo, and/or number font are usually the main design elements.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Just replying to a few of the recent posts all at once...

I love the idea of Miami using the red-orange more. The red-orange shirts and socks were only used a few times in their first year but they looked gorgeous. The red orange caps came back for like two or three games last season but according to the team have been shelved yet again. It's the teams best selling piece of merchandise yet they neglect it on the field. At least they'll be bringing back their underrated road grays this year.

As for the Mets I can't understand how anyone, especially their fans, would like any single thing they've ever done with black. They look so sharp in blue and orange the black is an absolute abomination in the middle of that.

Cardinals do have a simplistic jersey but it's that clean look that I like. Maybe its because despite their being almost nothing going on beyond the chest logo, that logo is so detailed interesting and timeless that it makes the whole look pretty sharp.

Just replying to a few of the recent posts all at once...

I love the idea of Miami using the red-orange more. The red-orange shirts and socks were only used a few times in their first year but they looked gorgeous. The red orange caps came back for like two or three games last season but according to the team have been shelved yet again. It's the teams best selling piece of merchandise yet they neglect it on the field. At least they'll be bringing back their underrated road grays this year.

As for the Mets I can't understand how anyone, especially their fans, would like any single thing they've ever done with black. They look so sharp in blue and orange the black is an absolute abomination in the middle of that.

Cardinals do have a simplistic jersey but it's that clean look that I like. Maybe its because despite their being almost nothing going on beyond the chest logo, that logo is so detailed interesting and timeless that it makes the whole look pretty sharp.

The ONLY reason the BFBS jersey is better than their current road alt is because of that horrendous gray script. All the Mets would have to do to make the BFBS jersey inferior would be to make the gray script orange.

spacer.png

Cards regular duds could use some red piping like the St. Louis alt. Making the bat black one year would be ok with me too. I saw an old school mixup on UniWatch that was nice. I think it was 1934 lettering and bat with modern birds. It looked good.

For me, the issue is that there's too much negative space on the jersey. The St. Louis alt with the piping looks a thousand times better than the regular home and road jerseys.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

this

What is sky white?

I think he is referring to the snow whites:

ny_a_david-wright-17b_mb_200.jpg

Oops, my mistake. I was referring to these jerseys.

And (to the general thread) make the script orange, and the current blue alt is better than BFBS jersey.

wouldnt mind(if alts have to be had) seeing the BFBS script on an orange jersey

also would look good on grey.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske