Unpopular Opinions

I don't care for Johnny Canuck at all.

Its an alright logo, but anything's better than the stupid stick-in-rink (yes, even the orca is better).

Agreed. I actually like the orca logo.

I'm going to take you one further and say that I LOVE the orca logo.

I actually like the stick-in-rink logo, but everyone raves about what a great logo Johnny Canuck is, and why they need to put it on the primary, blah blah blah. Give me the stick-in-rink logo or the orcs any day of the year.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I don't care for Johnny Canuck at all.

Its an alright logo, but anything's better than the stupid stick-in-rink (yes, even the orca is better).

Agreed. I actually like the orca logo.

I'm going to take you one further and say that I LOVE the orca logo.

I actually like the stick-in-rink logo, but everyone raves about what a great logo Johnny Canuck is, and why they need to put it on the primary, blah blah blah. Give me the stick-in-rink logo or the orcs any day of the year.

Me too, as well as this alternate from a few years backzkgh2o1palwyfkfo7a5f.gif

wisconsin-vs-bowling-green-sept-20.jpg

These Wisconsin helmets are outstanding. In fact, the Badgers should make these their primary helmets and integrate black in the rest of the uniform.

My reasoning? The Motion W has always been a good logo, but its modern style has never fit with Wisky's old-school uniforms, and it irked me that the only black in the uniform was on the logo. The addition of black updates the look enough to finally make the Motion W work, while still keeping a traditional striping pattern.

wisconsin-vs-bowling-green-sept-20.jpg

These Wisconsin helmets are outstanding. In fact, the Badgers should make these their primary helmets and integrate black in the rest of the uniform.

My reasoning? The Motion W has always been a good logo, but its modern style has never fit with Wisky's old-school uniforms, and it irked me that the only black in the uniform was on the logo. The addition of black updates the look enough to finally make the Motion W work, while still keeping a traditional striping pattern.

I'm curious to see what they do with the switch to UA. I don't mind their classic look, but at the same time I wish there were some alterante jerseys to jazz things up a bit. I know that is a more difficult task when your colors are red and white.

While I like their colors from the Golden Seals era better, I prefer the O because it is better balanced. Criminally underrated regardless of which iteration.

8883uojgyvl8vmimu8vqwiyuk.gif

regardless of the "O" or the "C" all I ever see if a fish head on an ice cream cone in front of a watermelon.

I can only imagine the amount of acid the artist who rendered that was on for it to look like a "seal" to him.

54592352.jpg

• Like 1

these Miami greys are ugly. Lettering on chest needs to be orange.

Hmm, I'm open to a tweak or two but I dunno if orange is the answer... anyone wanna take a stab at how this might look? Maybe I need to see it to believe it.

Edit: I just made a quick workup of it right now... how come I can't post the picture here?

While I like their colors from the Golden Seals era better, I prefer the O because it is better balanced. Criminally underrated regardless of which iteration.

8883uojgyvl8vmimu8vqwiyuk.gif

regardless of the "O" or the "C" all I ever see if a fish head on an ice cream cone in front of a watermelon.

I can only imagine the amount of acid the artist who rendered that was on for it to look like a "seal" to him.

You're not alone. I see either a live fish burrito or some type of frozen lemon ice snack with a cartoon fish head.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Going to miss these. All it needed was a removal of the beveling.

GiannisAntetokounmpo_Bucks_USAT3.jpg

• Like 2

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Hmm, I'm open to a tweak or two but I dunno if orange is the answer... anyone wanna take a stab at how this might look? Maybe I need to see it to believe it.

Edit: I just made a quick workup of it right now... how come I can't post the picture here?

Rear numbers are orange. But their Blue, Orange, Black would be much better. Not sure about the yellow or green (shades of their logo)

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Rear numbers are orange. But their Blue, Orange, Black would be much better. Not sure about the yellow or green (shades of their logo)
This is incorrect. The rear numbers on the gray jerseys are black with a silver outline and an orange (specifically red-orange) trim at the bottom of the numbers. The only jersey to have orange numbers are the black alternate jerseys and the black BP jerseys.

As for the wordmark, no versions of their wordmarks for either Miami or Marlins are orange, they are all either white or black, which is why I was curious about your suggestion for an orange wordmark.

There is also no green on any of their uniform logos. Yellow is only used to trim the middle portion of the M on their caps/helmets, sleeve patch, and chest wordmark. Yellow is used nowhere else.