College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4_611358.png

Chrome green! Sign me up!

The shell looks like their normal helmet, but the wing portion seems a bit more mirror-like. What I don't understand is this: why now put those wings on the helmet when they were just removed from the jersey in favor of a new wing pattern? Also, while I like the transparent wings that have appeared on the green jerseys thus far, the contrasting wings on the white and black jerseys in the photo are too much for me. Glad to see that kelly green jersey with the yellow numbers return, though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Oh my God, that white Oregon jersey is wretched.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oh yeah, I see it now. That's a yellow jersey. The light just makes it look white.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I think that's just the lighting on the white one. I think I will really like that green jersey. Looks like their proper colors.

I am a huge fan of the green one. I love that classic green and yellow color scheme.

The helmet...I don't care how much work was put into them or what kind of gold it is - bottom line, they're awful helmets.

I agree. That being said, the split helmet idea is a good one.... for Miami. Think about it: orange on one side, green on the other side, with a fat white stripe down the middle.

I like this idea. I think other people might fancy it a tad too 'jester-like' for college football, but I think it would look great.

I lean more traditional than not, but I would certainly sign off on such a design for Miami. They're the only team I can think of that could make it not only work, but look good. Unlike other teams doing it "just cause", it would actually fit the Canes.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

574530_405664142815769_1200837347_n.jpg

HGI posted this image. Now they are "covering" up the front bumper, but I'm starting to second guess the Army guess... To me that word doesn't say ARMY. You can kinda see the third letter, which doesn't look like an M. Unless they are using a slogan or a different font. Maybe it a stencil font, but I donno. thoughts?

NAVY? sure dosent look like an M in there

I'm going to murder the next person to even hint that that helmet isn't army's.

Combat_Uniform_Helmet_350x350.jpg

So...

Its Navy, right?

4_611358.png

The shell looks like their normal helmet, but the wing portion seems a bit more mirror-like. What I don't understand is this: why now put those wings on the helmet when they were just removed from the jersey in favor of a new wing pattern? Also, while I like the transparent wings that have appeared on the green jerseys thus far, the contrasting wings on the white and black jerseys in the photo are too much for me. Glad to see that kelly green jersey with the yellow numbers return, though.

i think its just to try something new. they've had the same design for a few years now. if you're going to be a brand that is constantly exciting and constantly new you have to keep on top it. predictability and staleness is the enemy. that wing design is pretty damn cool too, so if they wanted to do a new jersey it would be a shame to lose the wings altogether. so, throw it on the helmet

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

574530_405664142815769_1200837347_n.jpg

HGI posted this image. Now they are "covering" up the front bumper, but I'm starting to second guess the Army guess... To me that word doesn't say ARMY. You can kinda see the third letter, which doesn't look like an M. Unless they are using a slogan or a different font. Maybe it a stencil font, but I donno. thoughts?

NAVY? sure dosent look like an M in there

I'm going to murder the next person to even hint that that helmet isn't army's.

Combat_Uniform_Helmet_350x350.jpg

So...

Its Navy, right?

no way! thats def. penn state dude! look at the stripe its blue!! [sarcasm]

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

4_611358.png

i think its just to try something new. they've had the same design for a few years now. if you're going to be a brand that is constantly exciting and constantly new you have to keep on top it. predictability and staleness is the enemy. that wing design is pretty damn cool too, so if they wanted to do a new jersey it would be a shame to lose the wings altogether. so, throw it on the helmet

I think he was getting more at the fact that now the new jersey shoulder wing design is different than the helmet wing design. The two are different styles and appear that they will be used at the same time. That was one of the things that I didn't like about the Rose Bowl set (not that I liked the chrome helmet to begin with).

Possible Oregon Leak

My link

My link

I was really worried Oregon was going to screw up these uniforms. But those.... those a beautiful. That helmet is amazing. I love it. I really hope these are Oregon's new unis.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think I'm in the unpopular group because I really like this one-off set for Notre Dame. My only gripes are the helmet, its a bit Maryland-esqe from what is being shown & the one stripe one the pants. But otherwise a decent set.

Hmm, so thje only guy that likes it is on adidas' payroll...

I like it (except for the helmet) and I don't work for Adidas.

This may surprise people who know me around here but I actually like it. I suppose the helmet could be better, but as a one-off, I think the whole thing is pretty cool. The key word(s?) being one-off. If ND went to these full time it would be an entirely different story but it's only one game. Why not have a little fun with it?

Oh yeah, I'm not on the Adidas payroll either. Then again, I wear a lot of Adidas stuff. Does that count?

Guys, Army has already posted the helmet on their equipment manager's twitter.

Shameless plug alert: Yeah, we talked about those helmets on The Logocast two weeks ago. Where have you guys been? B)

BB52Big.jpg

The helmet...I don't care how much work was put into them or what kind of gold it is - bottom line, they're awful helmets.

I agree. That being said, the split helmet idea is a good one.... for Miami. Think about it: orange on one side, green on the other side, with a fat white stripe down the middle.

That could work, though it seems better suited for FAMU than The U. Or, eliminate the center stripe, and make the "U" large and white... and put it on the rear of the helmet.

The asymmetry of the ND helmet kills it more than anything, but the fact that they didn't carry it onto the facemask, that they used a decal so large it has to be squeezed into the space askew, and that said decal is single-color, well, those are all additional marks against it. Again, use a fully-golden dome, and make the pants symmetrical, be it with or without the stripe, and I'm sold on this look. As it stands, though, it's silly.

New Oregon green's looking mighty sharp so far.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4_611358.png

I think he was getting more at the fact that now the new jersey shoulder wing design is different than the helmet wing design. The two are different styles and appear that they will be used at the same time. That was one of the things that I didn't like about the Rose Bowl set (not that I liked the chrome helmet to begin with).

Exactly. I'm not opposed to either wing design (I think I actually like the new shoulder design better) and I'm not opposed to having wings on both the helmet and the shoulders, but it doesn't work for me when they are two different graphic elements. Imagine when Oregon got their new O logo, back in 1999 or whenever, and when they did the uniform, they slapped the old block UO logo on the sleeve because they just couldn't completely let it go. That's what this feels like to me. They're going in a new direction with the new wings on the shoulders, but they couldn't quite let the old wings go, so the stuck 'em on the helmet (in an equally subtle way).

I'd love to see this team go full on chrome green and neon yellow. I'd also love to see them go with the black/green/purple/mauve/blue chameleon numbers and helmet, paired with their normal dark green and golden yellow.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived