Ugliest Uniforms/Logos in Sports

OfficialBailey7

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sabres09.png

Awful logo, inconsistent striping... I could see keeping it around if they had actually won something in them

penguins36.png

The Penguins have lots of great looking jerseys in their history... and not one of them is featured in their current set.

avalanche11.png

A testament to how much striping matters. Even with a great logo and colour scheme, these look awful

lightning16.png

Generic and uninspired are the best words to describe this set.

avalanche11.png

A testament to how much striping matters. Even with a great logo and colour scheme, these look awful

The colour scheme would be infinitely better without the black. It ruins an other wise decent set. Make the pants, helmets and gloves either steel blue or burgundy. Right now they look like a minor hockey team because minor hockey associations usually only supply jerseys and socks, meaning the kids have to buy helmets, pants and gloves. And they rarely match the uniform because people generally buy black equipment, as it's the default.

The Avs looked great pre-Edge with black helmets and black pants and black accents on the jersey.

It's not the black that ruins it. It's the design.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Wow you aren't lying. That is some funny stuff considering its a rugby team. I imagine most of their opponents are just like wtf is that when they come out.

080926_beauxis.jpg

Every time this picture shows up on your monitor, the Miami Vice theme should automatically play in your head, over and over again in the most alarmingly loudest decibel possible. :mad:

Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20Logo.png

I'm being serious. The "speed" lines plus the incomplete outline around the basketball (not to mention the missing lines inside of it) make the logo look amateurish and unfinished. I don't know why everyone considers this to be a "classic" logo. If a modernization is needed, then modernize it. But as it is now it's one of the worst logos in all of US pro sports.

amen to that, never liked it, never will

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Wow you aren't lying. That is some funny stuff considering its a rugby team. I imagine most of their opponents are just like wtf is that when they come out.

080926_beauxis.jpg

Every time this picture shows up on your monitor, the Miami Vice theme should automatically play in your head, over and over again in the most alarmingly loudest decibel possible. :mad:

Based on what I know about pro rugby (granted, not much), there seems to be a lot of "we're so badazz we can go out looking like this!" when it comes to uniforms. Kind of a bizarro "BFBS makes you look tougher" sort of deal.

WFL Southern Cal Sun

sun74.jpg

orlando-thunder-wlaf-card-kerwin-bell.jpg

These are weird because I certainly see why they could be considered bad, but there's something so appropriate about both of them given their locale and era that I actually end up liking them.

Orlando's logo, however, is terrible, even graded on a 90s curve.

Stars12.png

Embarrassingly plain and uninspired. The script/front number basketball thing looks horrible on a hockey jersey. The "striping" is pathetic, and green is nonexistent on the home. They also relegate a fantastic primary as a shoulder patch.

Another Edge disaster:

Oilers21.png

Same as Dallas: bland, uninspired, dull, and your prototypical Edge design, complete with apron piping.

los-angeles-kings-wayne-gretzky.jpg

At the very least though, they tried to be unique and creative, but it just didn't work (unlike most terrible hockey jerseys nowadays, such as the ones mentioned above).

GoldenSeals3.png

And this is just every kind of ugly.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Hey, I like that Seals sweater. I'd like to see the Sharks do a fauxback of it.

You're conflating the two white Stars sweaters. The ones that say DALLAS # don't have an upper-right (player's right) number as well. Those were on the original whites that had the logo on the front and the Texas secondary on the shoulder.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ryan+Getzlaf+Scott+Niedermayer+Columbus+Blue+9ZzUzDkBB70l.jpg

I came here to post this. I absolutely despise that entire identity. Makes me sick that a cup is attached to it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

^ I wouldn't call it ugly, more like lacklustre.

As far as ugly uniforms go, I never liked Nashville's inaugural uniforms, the excessive amount of shiny silver looked terrible and I hated that logo until they changed it up last year.

2241004270100337552S425x425Q85.jpg

And with the Edge version, the t-shirt effect on the home uniform just looked stupid.

20070719_jerseys_unveiled2.jpg.png

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived