Sports Graphics Packages, Historically

On 9/12/2021 at 5:19 PM, parallaxish said:

Apparently Fox also has matching new touchdown graphics for NFL too...

W4vo8QL.jpg

...it's awful. The CG team logo adds a little flair, but this just looks lazy.

I'll give them some credit for adding the city skyline backdrop for the teams. Though, honestly, I prefer the original TD animation from this package over this one by an inch, even if that one was more in your face on every "TOUCHDOWN" than this newer one

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

New UCI graphics for the World Championships. 

Graphics for "official" sporting orgs like the Olympics or various world championships tend to have that sort of neutral, "official" look to them, I think this tows the line nicely between that look and a more up-to-date look than the UCI races have had in recent years. 

That said the rainbow stripes motif seems a bit overused. Using it in the speedometer? 

spacer.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Those TNT graphics oddly feel like something from a video game rather than a professional TV broadcast. I'm assuming this look must be coming to the NBA too.

I had the exact same first impression especially when I saw the second picture. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is another thing entirely. 

I will say that I feel like I saw that exact same score bug recently (without the TNT logo, but the concept of it) but I can't seem to place it.

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Those TNT graphics oddly feel like something from a video game rather than a professional TV broadcast. I'm assuming this look must be coming to the NBA too.

Just replace the logo with EA Sports and there you go.

I thought it looked ok. It's good for the current TNT branding. Now we wait for ESPN. Are they airing any preseason games on the main channel?

• Like 1

XM4KeeA.png

15 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

FAkgJ_1XsAQQYyu?format=jpg&name=4096x409

13 hours ago, Lights Out said:

13 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

I had the exact same first impression especially when I saw the second picture. Whether that's a good thing or bad thing is another thing entirely. 

54 minutes ago, insert name said:

Just replace the logo with EA Sports and there you go.

Not a video game, a cartoon. When I first saw the font in that second picture (that I quoted above), I recognized it but couldn't place where I had seen it used. Now I remember.

Cartoon Network used (uses?) that same font in their "On Now" and "Next" bumpers.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

IbjBaeE.png

I like that it looks pretty unified with what they had last week for the NHL on TNT with a few tinkers for the scorebug that borrows from the last set. They do the same for the NBA in a few weeks and it's probably the first time since like 2003 Turner Sports has had a unified graphics package for sports

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29