2013 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NE has the worst uni's!!! Or third worst. ATL and AZ are uglier.

I can think of about 8 teams that are worse than the three you mentioned.

Seahawks, Cardinals, Rams, Eagles, Falcons, Saints (in black pants), Dolphins, Bengals, Ravens, Jaguars, Titans, and Chargers all worse than the Patriots and my personal book.

The Patriots use many of the same elements that would make the Broncos, Bengals, Falcons, Cardinals, and Chargers uniforms suck, but they manage to do it in a way that's not terribly offensive. The mismatching side panels/pants stripes don't even both me. Maybe because they're so clearly NOT designed to flow together that the fact that they don't just doesn't bother me. It's much less offensive then something like, say, the Bengals. The stripes and side panels are clearly meant to flow into each other, but they just look bad when the jerseys and pants aren't perfectly aligned. That's not a problem with the Patriots' look because those two elements were never designed to be aligned in the first place.

TL;DR I should hate the Pats uniforms but I actually like them. I can't say why for sure.

If you say something should have a white keyline a certain member will show up to tell you your wrong. The Panthers logo could use a keyline on the helmets. It looks cheap and amateurish without one.

I'm pleased with the Panthers wearing their best look when they had the national spotlight. Too often teams choose to use their alternates (read: inferior looks) in their nationally televised games, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. While I think the Panthers black jerseys black pants look was a sharp look that one time they wore it, their black jersey silver pants look is their best and I'm glad they wore it on the big stage.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Patriots use many of the same elements that would make the Broncos, Bengals, Falcons, Cardinals, and Chargers uniforms suck, but they manage to do it in a way that's not terribly offensive. The mismatching side panels/pants stripes don't even both me. Maybe because they're so clearly NOT designed to flow together that the fact that they don't just doesn't bother me. It's much less offensive then something like, say, the Bengals. The stripes and side panels are clearly meant to flow into each other, but they just look bad when the jerseys and pants aren't perfectly aligned. That's not a problem with the Patriots' look because those two elements were never designed to be aligned in the first place.

TL;DR I should hate the Pats uniforms but I actually like them. I can't say why for sure.

The pats are a product of adidas and the franchise throwing in a hodgepodge of late 90's uniform elements all into one...that combined with a bad and dated helmet logo just makes it worse.

Some of the lowlights:

• side panels that don't flow to pants stripe
  • switch royal blue to navy
  • piping
  • excessive number outlines
  • contrasting collar
  • ugly custom number font
  • dark road pants with metallic helmet
  • usc style shoulder crescents
  • switch to gray pants with nike
  • adidas socks on the road

Now that the vikes found some degree of sensibility the pats easily take the crown for busiest/messiest design, they are not the worst uniforms in the league but bottom tier for sure.

The pats are a product of adidas and the franchise throwing in a hodgepodge of late 90's uniform elements all into one...that combined with a bad and dated helmet logo just makes it worse.

Some of the lowlights:

• side panels that don't flow to pants stripe
  • switch royal blue to navy
  • piping
  • excessive number outlines
  • contrasting collar
  • ugly custom number font
  • dark road pants with metallic helmet
  • usc style shoulder crescents
  • switch to gray pants with nike
  • adidas socks on the road

Now that the vikes found some degree of sensibility the pats easily take the crown for busiest/messiest design, they are not the worst uniforms in the league but bottom tier for sure.

most of this i disagree with

side panels are bad, but can quickly removed

switching to navy was an improvement

the piping is a product of the side panels, but doesn't look bad to me

the number outlines go well with the color scheme

since when is a contrasting collar a bad thing (the fly wire collars that the other teams have are far worse)

there number font isn't ugly, its a normal block that is just stretched alittle

dark pants look good on the aways

their shoulder stripes are unique and flow

i do wish the pants were silver, but thats nikes fault

striped socks aways look better than leotard look

I'm still shocked at all the love the Pats' uniforms get on here. The lack of attention to detail is glaring just from a cursory glance at the mismatched side panels and pants stripes. The shoulder loops are oddly-shaped and really wouldn't look that good by themselves. The number font was ripped off from Northwestern. That's right - Adidas was so lazy with the design process that they borrowed an element from a college team they outfitted at the time.

IMO, the Patriots got it right in 1993, no further changes were necessary. As for their current look? If it weren't for the Cowboys and Bengals, it'd be the ugliest set in the league.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm still shocked at all the love the Pats' uniforms get on here. The lack of attention to detail is glaring just from a cursory glance at the mismatched side panels and pants stripes. The shoulder loops are oddly-shaped and really wouldn't look that good by themselves. The number font was ripped off from Northwestern. That's right - Adidas was so lazy with the design process that they borrowed an element from a college team they outfitted at the time.

IMO, the Patriots got it right in 1993, no further changes were necessary. As for their current look? If it weren't for the Cowboys and Bengals, it'd be the ugliest set in the league.

the 1993 uniforms are far worse, the helmets having gray face masks, the oversized logos, 90's style font, and the sublimated stripes that only belong in soccer are far worse

I agree. The Patriots uniforms are dull, boring, and just plain ugly. They should've never had changed from royal blue to navy. The only element of their look that I like is the Flying Elvis helmet.

the 1993 uniforms are far worse, the helmets having gray face masks, the oversized logos, 90's style font, and the sublimated stripes that only belong in soccer are far worse

The first "Flying Elvis" uniform from 1993 didn't have the soccer look.

1993_p10.jpg

Sam-Gash-1993-Upper-Deck-SP-165-Rookie-C

1993_p11.jpg

This was the best set they ever had once they moved to the "Flying Elvis" logo. That pants stripe is perfect. It needed a red face mask, but yeah it's great otherwise.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived