New Youtube Logo

tv15

OK, OK...

eating-crow.jpg

Upon further review, my main reaction was over the text and the overall design. I despise this "simple text" trend all these companies are going to these days. The icon on its own, however, is good, but as a whole package, there's a lot left to be desired.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Wow, everything is morphing into the simplistic, flat, 2-toned version of itself. Really emphasizing the importance of positive and negative space in designs these days.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Generic, uninspired boringness. Appropriate though, given the music/entertainment getting the most views. This logo was designed by either a 4th grade novice, or the inventor of the autotune...generic, uninspired boringness.

I miss the days of exciting, memorable popular culture (and logos). As technology advances, imagination seems to devolve. Just waiting for the pendulum to swing back. It usually does.

I like it. The play button is more iconic with them now, so making it the emphasis is actually cool. Looking at the side by side, the Tube in the old timey TV shape served it's purpose. But now with more people watching "YouTube" on all kinds of Smart Devices even flatscreen TV's. You use the play button more and more. It's basically them entering the new modern times, a time they helped advance.

packchampionslfroh.png

Dumb.

This makes Buffaslug look like the Mona Lisa.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I can't remember who said it or what thread it was in but the reason for this happening is for maximizing the visibility and recognition-factor for device app icons.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived