2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then again their are a lot of 49er bandwagoner's.

I would say something but you're not even worth it. I think you're in enough pain being a Bucs fan.

In the secondary market, Dallas is the highest selling home team and the 49ers are the highest selling road team.

People want to keep comparing the Ray Rice and Josh Gordon suspension but the fact is if Rice punched a player on the field like that, he would have been suspended longer and that's where the outrage should be.

Breaking news: Ray Rice has been cut

After so many wrong moves in this the Ravens finally make the right one. But at the same time they've known for a while that one of their star players dragged a woman's body out of the elevator. What were they waiting to see, that she didn't slip and hit her head on the railing? They're saving face more than anything. Should've done this a month ago.

If I beat my girlfriend/fiancee/wife/stranger unconscious there's no way I'd still have a job the day after. I can't imagine many of you would either. There's a good chance he's played his last NFL game.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good riddance. I got into it with a few friends a month ago who had the nerve to stand up for this scumbag, "I bet she deserved it," "If women want to be treated like men, then they get hit like men." What arrogance on this whole situation. I want to call some of these people out but what's the point? Bigots will be bigots. I hope Ray Rice doesn't play for the NFL again.

Good riddance. I got into it with a few friends a month ago who had the nerve to stand up for this scumbag, "I bet she deserved it," "If women want to be treated like men, then they get hit like men." What arrogance on this whole situation. I want to call some of these people out but what's the point? Bigots will be bigots. I hope Ray Rice doesn't play for the NFL again.

That's not just bigotry. That's a real dangerous mindset, and it's one that leads to incidents like this.

My two hopes for this are that 1) the Ravens get the same cap hit they would have if Rice was still on the team. They shouldn't benefit from cutting him in this situation; and 2) the Ravens donate remaining money he would have been paid to women's shelters. Also, the NFL should probably make some commercials with players saying "real men don't hit women," for what little impact they might actually have.

I doubt any of those things happen, however.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

My two hopes for this are that 1) the Ravens get the same cap hit they would have if Rice was still on the team. They shouldn't benefit from cutting him in this situation; and 2) the Ravens donate remaining money he would have been paid to women's shelters. Also, the NFL should probably make some commercials with players saying "real men don't hit women," for what little impact they might actually have.

I doubt any of those things happen, however.

$14M in dead money over this season and next. This was written prior to his release and subsequent suspension.

http://www.spotrac.com/blog/financial-impact-of-the-ray-rice-situation/

I don't even know who that is playing QB for the eagles. This is a disgraceful performance, and while you don't want to overreact, it's probably legit to consider putting Sanchez in. Foles has nothing so far - can't make decisions, can't hold on to the ball, can't win.

...then they won by 17 ^_^

They're the first team in NFL history to be shut out and down 17+ at halftime and still win by 17+

I just saw the new video, and it was just beyond deplorable. I mean, no matter how much a woman wants to provoke a man...you can never justify "returning a favor" ten-fold just like Rice did with his now-wife. Too bad double jeopardy prevents Rice from being re-charged for his actions, or else his ass would be back in jail. As someone who raised in a household where domestic violence was fairly common during early childhood, it definitely has an effect on me, and as a newly-married man, it's something I've conscious and careful about. I know domestic violence happens in all walks of life, but in the black community (which I'm a part of), it happens far too often to the point where our boys think it's alright to be disrespectful towards females. They see it in these :censored: shows like "Love and Hip-Hop" and various shows of that ilk, and in a lot of hip-hop songs.

As far as Goodell, this doesn't make the most disliked commissioner in sports history (maybe since Judge Landis), then I don't know who is. Just given the fact he waited and waited to finally do something makes him about as cupable as Rice.

Is it me or did the timing of the release of new evidence kind of coincide with the Ravens loss yesterday in which they couldn't run the ball at all.

Yes, his actions are beyond deplorable. In fact, it's freaking disgusting. I've always learned that you never, ever hit a woman. Period. What gets me is this: Why wasn't this new evidence, which can from the same video, out when this whole story began to break? If it's from the same video, then why hold it back?

As far as Goodell, this doesn't make the most disliked commissioner in sports history (maybe since Judge Landis), then I don't know who is. Just given the fact he waited and waited to finally do something makes him about as cupable as

Rice.

Gary Bettman will like to have a word with you.

Still though, just bad all around. Goodell won't resign, though he should.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

So to all of those people who said "we don't know what happened"...can I finally call Ray Rice a deplorable human being without you running to his defence?

Archived