jhans203

Unused Logos and Uniforms

That Yankees prototype is really good. Actually looks good with the white outline too, though I generally dislike that. 

6 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Crossposted from the NBA Changes thread:

:wub:

Now that is how how you do Irish Rainbows. 

12 hours ago, Gothamite said:

:wub:

Now that is how how you do Irish Rainbows. 

The sleeves and GFGS ruin it.

On 3/3/2017 at 12:27 PM, The Giant Pacific Octopus said:

Back when the name was announced I was listening to it on the Fan 590 (a popular sports radio station here in Toronto), and they stated the winning entry was sent in by a little girl and that she was given a prize pack for her name being selected (i think it was something like season tickets and some jerseys and paraphernalia) . And I remember stating to my brother "So they listened to some kid for the team name". We all hated the name when it was announced.

As for in print there was an article that mentioned it in the Toronto Star and if I recall a blurb in Gamepro magazine under their "Entertainment News Section"

That's not at all what happened. 

The team name was chosen by a fan vote to pick the name.  I should know, I voted in it, for the Raptors.  You're welcome everyone. 

The final names to pick from were:

Beavers

Bobcats

Dragons

Grizzlies

Hogs

Raptors

T-Rex

Tarantulas

Terriers

http://www.nba.com/raptors/history/raptors_history.html

On 1/17/2018 at 9:29 AM, DAKINS24 said:

That's not at all what happened. 

The team name was chosen by a fan vote to pick the name.  I should know, I voted in it, for the Raptors.  You're welcome everyone. 

The final names to pick from were:

Beavers

Bobcats

Dragons

Grizzlies

Hogs

Raptors

T-Rex

Tarantulas

Terriers

http://www.nba.com/raptors/history/raptors_history.html

Well, then we're holding you solely responsible ...

Very strange Timberwolves prototype from eBay... it features the Rev30 fabric, the old tree-trimmed collars and use of green, and a weird take on their side striping from that era.

9hxCY5j.jpg

atXsNMo.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-Authentic-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Jersey-Sample-Rev-30-Pro-Game-Apparel/253366851134?hash=item3afdd7563e:g:zHMAAOSwBp9aWmPz

On 2/6/2017 at 8:56 AM, leopard88 said:

I've never really thought about this before, but it's interesting that the Bombers' primary logo used a color scheme that is almost completely absent from the uniforms (excluding the logos).

I actually have the prototype uniform of the Bombers and the St. Louis Stallions. When I freelanced at the NFL, the unnamed source sold them to me.

33 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

I actually have the prototype uniform of the Bombers and the St. Louis Stallions. When I freelanced at the NFL, the unnamed source sold them to me.

How about some new photos from alt angles please. ?

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

Very strange Timberwolves prototype from eBay... it features the Rev30 fabric, the old tree-trimmed collars and use of green, and a weird take on their side striping from that era.

9hxCY5j.jpg

atXsNMo.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Adidas-Authentic-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Jersey-Sample-Rev-30-Pro-Game-Apparel/253366851134?hash=item3afdd7563e:g:zHMAAOSwBp9aWmPz

That just looks like a Chinese rip off jersey.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:07 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I love those last two, even though I know I shouldn’t. 

Those Minnesota North Stars jerseys reminds me of the Starter Dallas Stars jerseys that are heavily green and gold, with nary a trace of white. I'm not the biggest fan of the logo in the arm stripes--perhaps numbers would fit there better--or the fact that this was billed as the regular road uniform, but I really like this concept as an alternate. I like the emphasis on gold here and wished that the Stars would do that with a third at some point in the future. (I also have one.)

Edited by DustDevil61
Further clarification and punctuation, striked early 1990s "North" from "North Stars," numbers in arm stripes, as an alternate

3 minutes ago, raysox said:

Here’s a big reveal from the Broncos logo designer with a ton of sketches of potential logos

https://www.behance.net/gallery/61122101/LUNARIA-HOTEL-ROME-LogoBranding

Lunaria Hotel?

Yeah it bugged out copying the link and I copied one that was in the place after an ad was loaded. Fixed as quick as I could but looks like you two got there about the same time.

Interesting. 

Would love to see a horse like this one against the D as an update to their classic logo. 

71eb7261221339.5a677aaeee5c9.png

Basic Info

Denver Broncos identity redesign (1996) In 1996, Denver Broncos owner, Pat Bowel went outside the NFL to develop a new identity for his team.

hehe, bowel.

7 hours ago, raysox said:

Here’s a big reveal from the Broncos logo designer with a ton of sketches of potential logos

https://www.behance.net/gallery/61221339/The-Denver-Broncos-Identity

Wow. So according to the sketch of the uniforms, the original aim was to have the helmet logos meet in the back? Or at least that was something that was considered? It seems kinda early-90s "rad" but at the same time it's something that wasn't done in reality till the Seahawks (also joining forces with Nike) in 2012.