College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The rumors were true:

IMG_2174.JPGIMG_2177.JPGIMG_2178.PNG

It was bound to happen sometime. Oregon is the only Power 5 team that would ever use this.

15 hours ago, crosfam said:

Yes, so far so good this year.  I hope they recycled the chrome lids for good.  No need for the black ones.  I Kinda like the frosty whites as long as we don't use the red/white/blue W.  We will see if they return.  I wouldn't mind occasional use of a nice purple helm instead of black, but everybody will scream "AHHG!  JIM LAMBRIGHT!"

HuardDamon1.jpg

I HATE that helmet. I don't know why, but I've always hated that one. As you said, maybe it reminds me of Jim Lambright.

If I had my way about it, that Huskies would use only use the gold helmets they've used this year. I wouldn't mind if they threw in this helmet occasionally, but death to the black and chrome helmets. Actually, death to all use of blackouts, whiteouts, black and white, chrome, "Husky Stadium jaws", "Northwest frost texture", matte, purple on purple.

Get rid of these things and Washington would be flawless.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The rumors were true:

IMG_2174.JPGIMG_2177.JPGIMG_2178.PNG

You know when I heard that Oregon was going to have a uniform based on "actual ducks" I kind of got my hopes up that I'd see something outrageous, like maybe a helmet designed to look like a duck's head or something. Instead we got a boring jersey that looks like it was a discarded concept for the University of Miami.

I'm trying really hard to find a way to like this and am coming up blank.  They need to fire whoever at Nike and within the Oregon program thought that copying that stupid fan concept was a good idea.  Not sure how they couldn't come up with a uniform that honors the Duck but doesn't incorporate large amounts of orange.  To me, this is further proof that Oregon has no real cohesive brand identity for the football program like they'd had in previous years.

Archived