College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

54 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Ironically, as I've mentioned before on here, Adidas ripped off their own font they made for Northwestern when they designed those Patriots uniforms. It's the circle of life. B)

QTKLeuU.jpg

In college hoops, Adidas has offered the Heat's, Lakers', Nets', and Pelicans' normal uniform designs and the Wizards' navy alternate as catalog-order templates lately. Judging from the latest Adidas catalog, we will soon start seeing a bunch of recolored Hornets and Grizzlies uniforms in college as well.

All in all, that's Adidas for you - shamelessly unoriginal and lazy.

Sadly, those copycats look better than the uniforms they give to their big name clients. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

As far as I'm concerned there is no other uniform Miami should wear. 

Agreed. ??

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

29 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

These Oregon jerseys are now being sold on Nike's site so it's looking more and more likely that they'll see the field this weekend. 

IMG_2164.JPG

Saw the youth version of this at a Scheels in SLC this last week, first time I've seen it in a store since it got leaked. Did not have the stitching around the collar but I think it was just because it was the lowest level replica. 

These Oregon uniforms are such a drag. I'm hoping they're a one-off jersey, but they're probably the green set for now.

I am curious though. How do people feel about these jerseys without associating Oregon to them? I like that they used the clean Puddles logo instead of combat-duck and Puddles.

57 minutes ago, NickNolanPhD said:

These Oregon uniforms are such a drag. I'm hoping they're a one-off jersey, but they're probably the green set for now.

I am curious though. How do people feel about these jerseys without associating Oregon to them? I like that they used the clean Puddles logo instead of combat-duck and Puddles.

I don't like the mix of classic stripes and the retro duck logo with the spaceman number font. It's the same problem West Virginia and Minnesota have. Sharp, angular numbers and then smooth stripes and classic lines elsewhere. It's like Nike's version of shabby-chic or something.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'm beginning to think that Nike is just running out of ideas for Oregon at this point and is just throwing out as many designs to see which ones are popular.  I think if they had gone with a full lineup of the yellow ones they wore this season, I likely wouldn't have any problems with what they're doing.

Every time Oregon rolls out a new throwback-colored uniform, I just think, "guys, stop. You already nailed it"

IMG_5065.JPG

I get that Oregon's thing is "something different", but it's really not going to kill them to go back to a good thing here and there. Especially if that good thing is one of - in my opinion - the best uniforms in all of football. I guess my point is if they're going to wear their throwback colors, they may as well just wear the throwbacks because it's the best they're going to get it (especially when, as of late, their designs - including this new one - have been rather mediocre).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Again with the Dallas skyline.  When the Mavs featured their skyline, I remember thinking, "is it distinctive enough to stand on its own?"  Yeah, some of the buildings have unique colors and shapes, etc., but I had to Google the Dallas skyline in order to identify it.  

Do non-Dallas residents actually recognize the Dallas skyline based on silhouette alone (and without context clues, like a sheriff's star, or the word "DALLAS" in bold above or below the skyline)? 

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These Oregon jerseys are now being sold on Nike's site so it's looking more and more likely that they'll see the field this weekend. 

IMG_2164.JPG

The only problem I have with it is the numbers. Other than that, I actually like this Oregon uniform. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

3 hours ago, keynote said:

Again with the Dallas skyline.  When the Mavs featured their skyline, I remember thinking, "is it distinctive enough to stand on its own?"  Yeah, some of the buildings have unique colors and shapes, etc., but I had to Google the Dallas skyline in order to identify it.  

Do non-Dallas residents actually recognize the Dallas skyline based on silhouette alone (and without context clues, like a sheriff's star, or the word "DALLAS" in bold above or below the skyline)? 

i think its more about the message and not the actual skyline

On 9/19/2016 at 4:13 PM, WSU151 said:

Gray helmet with crimson mask is nice.  All crimson helmet is meh.

As a UW alum, I have to say how much I love WSU's overall look. I wish my Huskies looked that good. When WSU was with Rusell it was a very bland look, IMO, but the switch to Nike has served them nicely. It looks modern while staying semi-traditional. Nothing too crazy. And I do love the use of grey in their alternate uniforms, being that it's a school color, and not just like an accent color like the black with UW. I think the grey helmet with the crimson mask looks great. Just hope the stay away from the all white with the numbers on the side. The have such a great logo, no need to put a number up there. Now enough praising Wazzu, Go Huskies!

SEAsig.png

8 hours ago, benpc21 said:

As a UW alum, I have to say how much I love WSU's overall look. I wish my Huskies looked that good. When WSU was with Rusell it was a very bland look, IMO, but the switch to Nike has served them nicely. It looks modern while staying semi-traditional. Nothing too crazy. And I do love the use of grey in their alternate uniforms, being that it's a school color, and not just like an accent color like the black with UW. I think the grey helmet with the crimson mask looks great. Just hope the stay away from the all white with the numbers on the side. The have such a great logo, no need to put a number up there. Now enough praising Wazzu, Go Huskies!

I think both schools looked best in the early-mid 90s.  The Apple Cup in Pullman in the snow was/is an aesthetically pleasing game to watch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived