NHL 2017-18

Bmac

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

I’ve always been a proponent that the Capitals Edge look was a solid modern design, but the Adidas switch really hurt these jerseys. The ‘boxier’ template gives much less of a ‘swooping’ impression that the piping on the previous template accentuated. And the piping not tapering towards the collar makes the piping appear thinner and inconsequential. And of course the piping doesn’t start from the collar anymore but just randomly interrupts.

While I disagree that the Capitals' Edge look was ever good (the pre-Edge look (by which I mean their white jersey because that black jersey was hot garbage) was their best jersey ever, fight me) you're right about the Adidas change making it worse. The same thing happened to the Kings and Blue Jackets too. Much like the Capitals, their final Edge look wasn't good but Adidas made them both worse.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Echo said:
19 hours ago, McCarthy said:

I think I found Buffaslug's father

5mSI8QA.jpg

If that's its father than this has got to be its grandfather:

ahKdgn9.jpg

This logo was from a Buffalo PR campaign from the 80s.

Son of Buffaslug

bank-on-buffalo-logo.svg

The variety of colour schemes in this playoffs is great. I count 10 different primary jersey colours, and almost all of the first-round matchups are between 2 distinct looks (other than CBJ-WSH, which are inverted versions of each other).

31 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

So I saw this going around on Twitter.

I was under the impression that there were the black horns under the shoulder yoke, but is the negative space supposed to be buffalo head as well?

The Flying Buffalo! :)

Should've kept the blue and gold. 

7 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I was under the impression that there were the black horns under the shoulder yoke, but is the negative space supposed to be buffalo head as well?

Classic example of “too clever for its own good.” Not enough people walk around in a full Christ the Redeemer pose.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/12/2018 at 8:14 PM, mmajeski06 said:

Learn something new everyday. Never noticed that about the Buffalo jersey. Usually just drawn into the crest. 

I think they usually stitch the crests. I mean they do sublimate now but I don’t think that was a thing then.

On 4/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, andrewharrington said:

Classic example of “too clever for its own good.” Not enough people walk around in a full Christ the Redeemer pose.

I do think the "in situ" look was also good, so no harm there IMO. However, I haven't actually seen a designer or the team say that was the intention. I think it's plausible and maybe probable, but not confirmed.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:00 PM, monkeypower said:

I can recall a time someone said the exact same thing here and everyone said “stop reaching”. 

XM4KeeA.png

T40nF4J.png

You had one job, Boston.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, monkeypower said:

A re-color would be a beautiful generational bridge marrying both era's

4 hours ago, DrAwesomeberry said:

Maybe the Leafs logo on the main Jumbotron is the retro logo and not the slightly modified current day logo? I can't say for sure. 

Yep, that’s it.  I didn’t notice it the first time either and wouldn’t have noticed if you hadn’t pointed it out.

On 4/14/2018 at 6:33 AM, insert name said:

I can recall a time someone said the exact same thing here and everyone said “stop reaching”. 

Pretty sure that was me...and I admit I've been equal parts amused and frustrated to see so many people responding with "oh yeah...I totally see that" this time around.

Not sure where to put this, but this is pretty incredible:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 5 weeks later...
On 31/01/2018 at 6:40 PM, M4One said:

It's a good thing that Army and Vegas seem to be on the path of settling this, but it's going to a mouthful next season when the P.A. announcer goes "Here are your 2017-18 Stanley Cup Champions, Vegas, we are not affiliated with the Army, Golden Knights!"

I am officially on the band wagon.  Watching them in the playoffs, I think they should switch the black pants for grey, at least on the road.  I still hate the white gloves.

Archived