Unpopular Opinions

3 hours ago, ~Bear said:

image.gif

The Raiders logo is cool in a retro way, but it's outdated. The facial lines reminds me of the 1940s in design. Fix the face and the helmet, maybe add a thin silver outline around the shield. 

I guess something along the lines of what the Vikings did could work, but I really don't want that part of the logo to be changed much.

Now, I don't think the RAIDERS text is really needed; maybe that's another unpopular opinion.

The Raiders logo is an interesting case for me. I see where they could clean things up and would be perfectly fine with them doing so (as long as they don't change a thing on the uniforms), but at the same time I kind of like the uber-vintage rendering. It evokes this sort of old-school hard-nosed feel that, no matter how good or bad the Raiders ever are, is undeniably part of their brand and history. 

So I guess what I'm saying is I understand if they were to clean the Raider up, but if in 2043 the logo still remains untouched, I'll be perfectly fine with it considering it evokes the gritty old-school brand of Raiders football so well.

• Like 8

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, Rj0498 said:

Speaking of the raiders, I have always wanted to see them wear black pants for nothing more than curiosities sake.I think it would look nice

It could be nice with the white jerseys.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

19 hours ago, ~Bear said:

image.gif

The Raiders logo is cool in a retro way, but it's outdated. The facial lines reminds me of the 1940s in design. Fix the face and the helmet, maybe add a thin silver outline around the shield. 

The character in the Raiders logo is based upon Randolph Scott, the western movie star of the mid 20th century. 

47033224-9ACD-4C4D-A6B2-4142B7320B46_zps

• Like 1

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

On 1/4/2017 at 10:41 PM, 2001mark said:

I feel like they maybe do already, yet I think the Saints should wear white 10-12 games a season.  Their black is good, yet their whites fit the Cowboys-Dolphins vibe for me.

The Saints would be fine if their black pants had a gold stripe and if they just got rid of that damn toilet-bowl collar. Jeez, that Nike-fied crap completely ruins their entire set.

• Like 1

NSFCvyu.png

cartoonrockets.jpg?w=1000

I absolutely love the old Rockets' jerseys, in tenure from 1995-2003.

Utah_Jazz_Logo19.jpg

In addition to the light blue colorway of the Utah Jazz from 2004-2010.

safety-darren-sharper-of-the-minnesota-v

Curvy Vikings' jerseys. 2006-2012 (pretty sure).

ken-dorsey-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-is

49ers'1998-2008 dark red jersey.

trivia.jpg

Eagles' 2003-2006 alternate look.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2017 at 10:57 PM, ~Bear said:

image.gif

blasphemy. An updated Raiders logo is like if they updated the bulls logo. It would kill the prestige of a near flawless brand. This is the Unpopular opinions thread so I'll shut up :P

Unpopular Opinion:

I think the Houston Rockets 2003 spaceship inspired logo, jerseys, and colors are perfect.

I love the simple red and grey. Its very unique for the league and the logo design is very identifiable and progressive for a basketball team as a global brand.

I feel like them bringing in the BFBS, the checkers, and the throwback ish "clutch City" yellow is gimmicky and in bad taste. They also are belittling their brand with so many inconsistent jerseys and colors.

That being said I'd love to see the brand just stick to the clean and unique just Red, Grey, and White.

Even the original Jersey cuts were cooler. I understand modernization, I'd just say Keep it simple!

rockets_inline.jpg

1280px-Houston_Rockets.svg.png

• Like 1

ATL

On 1/7/2017 at 4:53 AM, ColeJ said:

In a lot of cases, I actually really like the look of the "phantom yolk."

But how do they taste? :upside: 

I agree; the phantom yoke can look good in some cases.

• Like 3

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

13 hours ago, Dabbaby17 said:

cartoonrockets.jpg?w=1000

I absolutely love the old Rockets' jerseys, in tenure from 1995-2003.

Utah_Jazz_Logo19.jpg

In addition to the light blue colorway of the Utah Jazz from 2004-2010.

safety-darren-sharper-of-the-minnesota-v

Curvy Vikings' jerseys. 2006-2012 (pretty sure).

ken-dorsey-of-the-san-francisco-49ers-is

49ers'1998-2008 dark red jersey.

trivia.jpg

Eagles' 2003-2006 alternate look.

The Jazz' double-blue unis looked pretty good and appropriate (jazz music is, after all, based on the blues), but it always bugged me that they featured purple pretty prominently in their logo but didn't have any on their uniforms, not even as trim. Purple-and-light-blue would've looked better than double blue, IMO.

• Like 1

Unpopular Opinion:

I think the Houston Rockets 2003 spaceship inspired logo, jerseys, and colors are perfect

I think they are certainly underrated. One issues, though it's not that big of a deal, is that they use an R in the middle instead of an H. I prefer when teams use letters representing a city rather than the nickname. The fact that the vertical lines are rockets already says rockets, so use an H. It's the same issues I have with the Bengals B logo. If they used a similar font to create a C logo it's be way cooler (plus the Bengal head is great and should be the primary anyway).

Some teams, like the A's, can get away with.

• Like 2