CFL uniforms: an observation

BJ Sands

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible leak of the Winnipeg jersey via a graphic of a pin giveaway coming up later this month:

R9MEGb9.jpg

Going for the Ukrainian Easter Egg look?

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Possible leak of the Winnipeg jersey via a graphic of a pin giveaway coming up later this month:

R9MEGb9.jpg

Maybe I'm just old but I'm not a fan of these new CFL shirt things.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

R9MEGb9.jpg

Maybe I'm just old but I'm not a fan of these new CFL shirt things.

It has nothing to do with being old. It has to do with the fact that you are like a lot of people in this world that are getting really sick and tired of Nike-esque looks like these. I'm a younger person and I think this Bombers leak and the Riders' new Signature Jersey are terrible as well. I have no problem with teams trying new looks, but these are just too much. It's clear that the CFL and Reebok are trying to appeal to younger people and the folks who like new Collegiate and NFL Nike stuff. Just look at that Riders jersey. Yikes. The sublimated font and the sublimated wheat grains and the lime green to boot. How about having grey pants while the rest of the entire uniform and the helmet are all green? The whole uniform is just a mess. Oh yeah, while I'm at it, what are the thoughts so far on the Argonauts' new jersey? I don't think it will be anything special, that's for sure. They have a great big 'A' on the front of these. Are they trying to look like superheroes? Hey, that could be Stan Lee's next big idea for a comic book series and a movie. Imagine, Cyclops and the Toronto Argonauts. They could save the CFL from Jon Bon Jovi. XD All those football players that have giant letter 'A's on the front of their jerseys. Wow, just wow. At least the BC Lions produced a decent jersey. Even though it is very different and completely outside of the box, it still sticks to a traditional look while actually looking surprisingly sharp. I hated it when they first brought it out but it grew on me and I must say, that is a cool 3rd jersey. I get it, teams like Toronto and the Riders are trying something new for a change. For a game or two, it isn't the end of the world but in my opinion, if you are going to design a new jersey, at least make it something that's half-decent looking.

some more Toronto teasers

BuX2IcRIUAAqjNo.jpg

BuelO5hIMAAZf-B.jpg

Buhb5bZIIAAQDFA.jpg

I like the "Pull Together" motto...but why that quasi-Miami Hurricanes font?? And why is Toronto in a completely different font (looks to be same font as the Maple Leafs use)?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

R9MEGb9.jpg

Considering a fairly high number of people in Winnipeg with Ukrainian descent and their historic presence there maybe that was what they were going for. If so, why not just go all the way and have for a helmet logo a bomber plane dropping a Ukrainian easter egg ;)

I don't follow U.S. College football at all but my impression of Saskatchewan's uniform follows some of the things that have been done there. This is in no way a complement.

Toronto looks the most promising of the three so far.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

The Riders aren't abad idea--except they'd look better with white pants with stripes to match the greens on their jerseys.

the "Wheat" look is okay--but these would be better without it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived