NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

Hey guys! So I've come across something to make me believe that the Hawks' third colour may be more green than yellow. Mitchell&Ness came out with a line of highlighter style hats (below) and they're just neon versions of the team's color (bulls=pink;warriors=royal blue;lakers=neon yellow). For the Hawks, they have a neon green hat much like the Celtics and Bucks. This could mean nothing but I thought it was some cool potential foreshadowing.

It made me also think that maybe Atlanta is gonna go with green to symbolize the fact that Atlanta is also known as "The City in the Forest." Kind of the same reason why Milwaukee added blue to their colour scheme for their state's borders being almost all lakes?

Link to the Hats: http://m.lids.com/Mitchell-and-Ness/Style_NBA-Highlight-Snapback-Cap

Man those hats are awful. I was almost blinded by viewing them on the internet, just imagine seeing them in real life.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would agree that the choice of highlighter shows that the team will use some kind of volt-ish color. If they weren't using it and we're sticking with black and red, they'd obviously have a pink hat just as those who have red in their scheme do.

Volt favors green more than yellow, yes, but to say that it'll be green because the teams that have it are the same color is a reach, though.

I would agree that the choice of highlighter shows that the team will use some kind of volt-ish color. If they weren't using it and we're sticking with black and red, they'd obviously have a pink hat just as those who have red in their scheme do.

Volt favors green more than yellow, yes, but to say that it'll be green because the teams that have it are the same color is a reach, though.

I completely agree. I'm not saying it'll be a deep green like Boston's or Milwaukee's, but it just made me think that if they were going to go back to a retro red black and some variant of a bright yellow their version of this hat wouldn't be green.

Also, the updated fonts may mean a slightly tweaked primary logo for next year.

I have an idea. They could use the pick axe logo as the primary and have Denver Nuggets written around it in a roundel. :)

Let it be known that whoever gets the NBA uniform contract won't ever be as awful as Champion was at having replicas, where they didn't bother making it look like the actual on court uniform.

88IwIEC.jpg

auiXwvF.jpg

SBCUynb.jpg

Those were the US replicas. The Euro ones were much better, heavier mesh with accurate (or pretty damn close) graphics sublimated in.

Why is their slogan "Fear The Dear" sewn upside down on their jerseys??

bucks_uniforms-6431.jpg

Cavs have had "All For One" on the inside of their collars for a few years, but moved it to the same upside-down location that the Bucks are using here. Part of me wonders if it was related to the NBA adding the gold "championships won" tag to the collars. Not applicable to the Cavs for now, of course, but more of a leaguewide "If you want to include a slogan on your jerseys, this is how adidas will do it now" mandate type of deal, perhaps?

Let it be known that whoever gets the NBA uniform contract won't ever be as awful as Champion was at having replicas, where they didn't bother making it look like the actual on court uniform.

88IwIEC.jpg

auiXwvF.jpg

SBCUynb.jpg

Forgot their worst-looking example:

il_570xN.746954383_dpts.jpg

il_570xN.485569429_e6gk.jpg

87Redskins.png

88IwIEC.jpg

auiXwvF.jpg

SBCUynb.jpg

Wow, why even bother? A four year could tell something was off.
$40 for a cheap official replica > $100 for the real thing. When you are a kid.. $40 replicas ain't bad. Plus I was able afford multiple jerseys instead of wearing the same one All the time.
shado_logo.gif

Why is their slogan "Fear The Dear" sewn upside down on their jerseys??

bucks_uniforms-6431.jpg

Cavs have had "All For One" on the inside of their collars for a few years, but moved it to the same upside-down location that the Bucks are using here. Part of me wonders if it was related to the NBA adding the gold "championships won" tag to the collars. Not applicable to the Cavs for now, of course, but more of a leaguewide "If you want to include a slogan on your jerseys, this is how adidas will do it now" mandate type of deal, perhaps?

They do it upside down so that it's not upside down when the players look at it while wearing the jersey.

88IwIEC.jpg

auiXwvF.jpg

SBCUynb.jpg

$40 for a cheap official replica > $100 for the real thing. When you are a kid.. $40 replicas ain't bad. Plus I was able afford multiple jerseys instead of wearing the same one All the time.
You guys are spoiled now. Back in my day (ha) these were the replicas. Sports merchandising in the 1990s was just starting to explode and this is what you could get. Thankfully, as a Bulls fan, Champion replicas were practically on-court authentics since they used screened on lettering and no graphics. (And because of it, I have about 10 of them.)

Complaining about these is like complaining that the uniforms in Nintendo or Sega Genesis video games were bad. Why would we buy it? Best available.

(All that said, if I were a Sonics fan I'd have never touched that one, even as a kid. I remember those as especially bad. Early signs that I'd end up here at CCSLC.)

88IwIEC.jpg

auiXwvF.jpg

SBCUynb.jpg

True that. When I was six I used to have the champion Teal Pistons era Grant Hill, Laker's Shaq, MJ, and Hawk's Mutombo jersey. Now its highly unlikely a kid could afford 4 different NBA jerseys.

I would also argue that those Champion jerseys are infinitely better than the $60 low end jerseys that Adidas also sells now. I hate the box looking cut of those jerseys. At least the Champion jerseys looked like basketball jerseys and not a t shirt with cut off sleeves.

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Most of those replicas worked OK; basics like the Bulls, Lakers, etc. The T-Wolves trees were replaced by simple black/green/black stripes. I agree for some of those pictured (including T-Wolves) that I'd rather just get a T-shirt with a team logo. Those Sonics ones look like practice jerseys at best.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

You guys are spoiled now. Back in my day (ha) these were the replicas. Sports merchandising in the 1990s was just starting to explode and this is what you could get. Thankfully, as a Bulls fan, Champion replicas were practically on-court authentics since they used screened on lettering and no graphics. (And because of it, I have about 10 of them.)

Only through 1992. They went to twill (and outlined names) for the 92-93 season. And I had a few Bulls jerseys (Jordan 45 and Kukoc), but even back then, it bothered me that they didn't use the Bulls' actual font (the left part of the 4 angled in, the right corner of the 7 angled in like on the Blackhawks' jerseys, the numbers were too narrow). I think me noticing the number differences as a 10 year old or whatever was an early sign that I'd end up on this website.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Nobody noticed that only US market have problems with replicas? MLS, NBA etc. Even 5-6 years ago when Champion still making NBA replicas for EU market, many teams (I don't count the easiest ones like Bulls or Celtics) looks more accurate than US Adidas replicas. Allright now we've also Swingmans, but if I good remember in first half of 90's swingman don't exist (It was introduced later by nike?).

4r2eer.png

Archived