MLB 2016 Changes

FiddySicks

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Attended my first Mariners game today, and noticed that there are considerably more fans wearing merchandise in classic Royal and gold than the current teal and navy. Just thought this was interesting

Looking at social media pics and highlights clips of the game, it looks 60/40 in favor of navy+teal.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I love the Mariners in navy and emerald green (or whatever they call it), these colors are perfect for a northwest team (Sounders and Seahawks are good examples). I love throwbacks and old school stuff but to me these guys don't belong in royal and athletic gold...

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I love the Mariners in navy and emerald green (or whatever they call it), these colors are perfect for a northwest team (Sounders and Seahawks are good examples). I love throwbacks and old school stuff but to me these guys don't belong in royal and athletic gold...

As much as I love royal blue and yellow, i agree with this. 

Seattle, you have something great with all your teams sharing colours, dont screw it up.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

Attended my first Mariners game today, and noticed that there are considerably more fans wearing merchandise in classic Royal and gold than the current teal and navy. Just thought this was interesting

And if they adopted royal and yellow, you'd see considerably more fans wearing teal and navy.  That's just how it works.

Milwaukee might be an exception to that but that's all I can think of right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

21 hours ago, kroywen said:

I think their popularity is beginning to fade. There's a sizable proportion of people clamoring for a return to the maroon-era uniforms, and another sizable contingent wanting uniforms closer to what the Whiz Kids wore (which I personally prefer).

Please cite your sources for these claims.

21 hours ago, DiePerske said:

The pinstripes need to be(in all cases) sewn on, not screen printed.

Im a fan of the cuffs, and something I personally thinking more baseball teams should do, rather than just piping.

1.  Agreed on the sewn-in pinstripes. They need to adopt raglan sleeves too.

2.  Disagree with the cuffs.  The thick elastic cuff coupled with the pants stripe just looks 80s to me.  A thinner sewn-around cuff trim might be better, but piping or better yet nothing would be better IMO.  Ditch all white from the road uni.

20 hours ago, Walter Sobchak said:

A maroon version of the Whiz Kids set would be great. The Phillies should use maroon the same way the Yankees use navy.

I'd support this.  That script and cap just look too good to be sitting in mothballs.  If they introduced maroon, I would NOT want to see any blue with it though.

20 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

1. Outline both wordmarks in blue along with the numbers on back. (and maybe the names,depending on how that looks)
  2. Go "Detroit Tigers" and leave the home exactly as you have it (but with maroon stars), put the blue around the wordmark/name/number on the road and incorporate blue onto the road hat, either with a blue "P" outlined in white or vice versa.  Blue squatchee, too.

1.  Unnecessary.  Way too much.  I don't even think that script should be used in full (the simplicity of just the "P" was very classy), but if so, it needs to remain legible and I think that adding outlines that would reduce or eliminate the white in between the letters would be too much.

2.  Good gods no - the blue squatchee (squatcho?) is just corny.  I can appreciate that people on this board appreciate it as one of those "quirks", but in reality I think it just looks silly.  White or crown-color is fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I'd like the M's blue and yellow if they just used it on white instead of cream. (Though it's probably cream because two white jerseys is likely deemed superfluous by MLB).

I agree, but the diamondbacks basically have 2 identities with a white/red, white/teal and gray/red, gray/teal...and speaking of identity crisis, do the Brewers want to be navy/gold, navy/yellow, Royal/yellow, M, or BiG logos?

KISSwall09.jpg

5 minutes ago, hormone said:

speaking of identity crisis, do the Brewers want to be navy/gold, navy/yellow, Royal/yellow, M, or BiG logos?

The fans, by all account, want royal blue/athletic gold and the BiG.  

The team seems to think that they can sell more of both if they keep straddling the fence. 

19 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Blue Jays home opener is tonight which means it'll be the first time they've ever played a home game on a dirt infield. 

dirt.JPG

That's not entirely accurate...

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Phillies-Blue_Jays_series_relocated_to_Philly.html

Major League Baseball announced Tuesday it has relocated the Interleague series between the Phillies and Blue Jays originally scheduled to be played at Rogers Centre to Citizens Bank Park following security concerns with the G20 Summit in Toronto the same weekend.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phillies_zone/Phillies-Blue_Jays_series_relocated_to_Philly.html#TUvVQ8Kjkq6xiZK1.99

2010+Jun+27+040_e.jpg

Anubis.png

38 minutes ago, Bmac said:

If you combine the current cherry red and the 80's maroon, you get a beautiful deep red. I think it'd be a great compromise. My ideal Phillies set:

Philadelphia%20Phillies%20Jerseys_zpsxnh

My goodness that is beautiful. The faux-cotton look would also be awesome. Wish more teams would do that. It could work on the Dodgers' road alternate. 

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Griffinmarlins said:

My goodness that is beautiful. The faux-cotton look would also be awesome. Wish more teams would do that. It could work on the Dodgers' road alternate. 

Yanks would look great in that as well. Heck, maybe then they return to their classic look (respectfully, Bmac): 

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

If you combine the current cherry red and the 80's maroon, you get a beautiful deep red. I think it'd be a great compromise. My ideal Phillies set:

[img removed]

Yeah I'm on board with this.  Maybe even a slightly darker red.

-I'm not a fan of the blue stars, but whatever - people seem to dig them.  Maybe I'd like them more against maroon rather than bright red.

-If the number remains on the sleeve (which I guess is kinda their "thing" now) it has to go on the left sleeve.  Don't ask why, that's just how it is.  Same with patches if there's only one.

-The P should be tilted ever so slightly to the right.  When it's straight-up vertical, it appears to be falling backwards just due to the curves.

Question for anyone that knows - can scripts be chainstitched directly into the jersey without having some kind of border and still look good?  Currently the Phillies script is chainstitched on to that ridiculously-large white patch which is then sewn on.  I know the Cardinals chainstitch right to the jersey, but they have that navy border which would hide any imperfections (also I'm not certain if that navy is actually chainstitched as well.)

Basically, could the Phillies pull off the proposed look and stay true to their chainstitching?

On April 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM, hawk36 said:

That's what I see in my mind's eye when the Phillies are mentioned. Perfect.

On April 8, 2016 at 0:44 PM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

As much as I like the current uniforms for their resemblance to the uniforms of Richie Ashburn, Robin Roberts, and Jim Konstanty, I would say that the above look is the definitive Phillies look, and that it should be brought back.

No zippers. And no powder blue on the road.

mike.schmidt.philadelphia.phillies.1973.

But that maroon colour, that P logo, and that number font are what this team should be using.

I loved that look.  It was a pity they only wore those for a couple of years. 

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I guess this is an unpopular opinion but I can't stand the maroon Phillies sets or the modern Whiz Kid look.

But I really like the cream alternate they have and I would love to set a road grey version with a faux wool pattern...

(I believe that's version of their pre-Whiz Kid uniforms. I want to say 1947 or 1948?)

Two pages back someone brought up the olive tint to the Padres alternate... Has anyone seen the uniform as its represented in MLB The Show16? It's absolutely a greenish olive brown and not even close to a chocolate brown. I know the Show always has issues but they do have two throwback uniforms in that game that do have the chocolate brown correctly done so how'd this mistake happen? Now, so it doesn't sound like I'm making this more about the video game then reality, my question is, since we've now noticed the slight olive tint on those jerseys in real life, is it possible they are a bit olive in reality? Any clues? Do we have to wait until the Padres wear them again to get more viewings in more lighting? I think it's something to keep in mind. Now excuse me while I go complain about the video game jerseys on another forum.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Two pages back someone brought up the olive tint to the Padres alternate... Has anyone seen the uniform as its represented in MLB The Show16? It's absolutely a greenish olive brown and not even close to a chocolate brown. I know the Show always has issues but they do have two throwback uniforms in that game that do have the chocolate brown correctly done so how'd this mistake happen? Now, so it doesn't sound like I'm making this more about the video game then reality, my question is, since we've now noticed the slight olive tint on those jerseys in real life, is it possible they are a bit olive in reality? Any clues? Do we have to wait until the Padres wear them again to get more viewings in more lighting? I think it's something to keep in mind. Now excuse me while I go complain about the video game jerseys on another forum.

I believe you're referring to op sports and that's the thread I create annually;)

KISSwall09.jpg

RE: M's colors -- the blue/gold are the "cool" colors to wear around town. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with just the standard-issue navy cap. There are lots of blue/gold derivatives about though, though mostly t-shirts sweatshirts.

I think they could get people on-board if they switched to royal blue instead of navy. Or brightened up the teal a bit. While the M's are close to the Sounders and Seahawks, those two teams are much brighter -- the Hawks have the neon lime and the Sounders have royal blue/bright green.

The blue/gold pops. The navy/teal is kind of drab.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived