Bad Uniforms/Logos made classic by Good Teams

chcarlson23

zdrycpc7mh5teihl10gko8sgf.png

I'm genuinely surprised I'm the first person to say this. This logo is awful and in drastic need of an update. Not necessarily a completely new logo, but at least cleaned up a bit.

It looks like it was drawn by a 6th grader. I understand that "the best logos should be able to be doodled on a school notebook", but that doesn't mean the logo itself should look like it was directly ripped from one.

If it weren't for Jordan and those classic teams from the 90's I think this would be the first choice in the "need of an update" pile by most people on this board.

They really need a Vikings or Cardinals-esque update. Keep the essence of the logo, but update it.

No they don't. There's not a thing wrong with the Bulls logo. It looks like a bull. The lines are clean and consistent. It's simple in its shapes but still unique. How would it be improved? They'd add a thick outline around it, make the pupils smaller, and probably remove the lines under the eyes. And it wouldn't look any better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When these first came out I hated the:

1. Numeral font

2. Green outline on the large numerals but not the shoulder numerals

3. Lack of enough of green accents on the helmet (in comparison to the jersey and pants)

But now, given their huge success wearing them, they look good to me. Weird.

seattle-seahawks-2012-nike-uniforms-unve

20 superbowls in a row wouldn't make these look good, let alone "classic."

When these first came out I hated the:

1. Numeral font

2. Green outline on the large numerals but not the shoulder numerals

3. Lack of enough of green accents on the helmet (in comparison to the jersey and pants)

But now, given their huge success wearing them, they look good to me. Weird.

seattle-seahawks-2012-nike-uniforms-unve

20 superbowls in a row wouldn't make these look good, let alone "classic."

Any look, regardless of how ugly, worn for 20 with 20 championships would be classic...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1019337423.jpg

Contrasting nameplates, numbers that overlap the yokes, had white captaincy letters on white jerseys for a while.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

74427732.jpg

Oh man. How could I forget? The biggest dumpster fire in hockey uniform history, and of course there's a Cup to go with it. *sigh*

I'm half-serious when I say it made me sick that Anaheim won a cup in those only a year after ditching the originals. There seriously isn't an identity I hate more in all of sports than anything the Ducks have worn since then.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I remember when the Twins were the last team with nameplates on pinstripes. People here thought it looked "cheap." They were right. But looks pretty much seamless compared to the Flyers contrasting nameplates. The 1980s update was beautiful.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I remember when the Twins were the last team with nameplates on pinstripes. People here thought it looked "cheap." They were right. But looks pretty much seamless compared to the Flyers contrasting nameplates. The 1980s update was beautiful.

I loved when the Twins and Marlins did it. The Pirates also did it for their ill-advised pinstriped road set in the '90s (which I also loved). It was quirky and wrong, but I just liked the look if it.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Again, white contrasting nameplates on orange: sensible

black contrasting nameplates on black: wtf, do you not get what the purpose of the white contrasting nameplates on orange was

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That Bulls logo looks awful when you really focus on the details.

I'm sure many here have seen this already, but for those who haven't, the Bulls logo looks like a robot reading a book when turned upside down.

logo_chicago-bulls-61-e1263766676157.pngAsa-JIgCAAIkyjK.jpg

...and from the looks of it, the robot is none too happy with the book.

zdrycpc7mh5teihl10gko8sgf.png

I'm genuinely surprised I'm the first person to say this. This logo is awful and in drastic need of an update. Not necessarily a completely new logo, but at least cleaned up a bit.

It looks like it was drawn by a 6th grader. I understand that "the best logos should be able to be doodled on a school notebook", but that doesn't mean the logo itself should look like it was directly ripped from one.

If it weren't for Jordan and those classic teams from the 90's I think this would be the first choice in the "need of an update" pile by most people on this board.

They really need a Vikings or Cardinals-esque update. Keep the essence of the logo, but update it.

No they don't. There's not a thing wrong with the Bulls logo. It looks like a bull. The lines are clean and consistent. It's simple in its shapes but still unique. How would it be improved? They'd add a thick outline around it, make the pupils smaller, and probably remove the lines under the eyes. And it wouldn't look any better.

Yeah it really does. The linework makes it look incredibly cheap and tacky. It does not look like a logo that would belong to one of the most successful franchises in pro sports.

You can keep the essence of a logo while updating it for a more modern time. Compare it with some of these.

27.giftovenf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifto2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.gif

290.giftokwth8f1cfa2sch5xhjjfaof90.gif

This is what the Bulls need to do. The concept of the logo is good, but clean it up a little for the modern era.

Saying a logo needs to be updated is not an indictment of it. Its simply a fact that logos will age. If you look at pretty much every "classic" logo out there you will see that its had multiple iterations and updates to keep it current, while retaining the overall feel of it.

Archived