Great Sports Moments Ruined by Terrible Uniforms.

Germanshepherd

A substantial level of nausea was personally had when the Ducks dumped their classic set and won their first cup the very next season in these clusterbombs:

74427732.jpg

Granted, the Cavs have taken the cake for worst offense now. But Anaheim is a fairly close 2nd in my book.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The league should not even allow alternates in the playoffs. The teams shouldn't have a choice at all because you can't trust them to wear the correct uniforms. If it wasn't the black jerseys then it would've been the navy blue jerseys. They have 2 alternates and neither one of those colors appears on any other uniform. That's really unnecessary. 

Last night is the all-time "yeah but those uniforms though" moment. I have a lot of friends in Cleveland and many of them were downtown in the after party so I saw snapchats, instagrams, facebook pictures etc etc. I don't think I saw one fan wearing one of the black jerseys. Nobody was in the jersey the team won the championship in!

should've been this:

012916-NBA-LeBron-James-23-of-the-Clevel

It's almost tragic. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

A substantial level of nausea was personally had when the Ducks dumped their classic set and won their first cup the very next season in these clusterbombs:

74427732.jpg

Granted, the Cavs have taken the cake for worst offense now. But Anaheim is a fairly close 2nd in my book.

I agree, :censored:ing terrible look. Should have been Ottawa!

zyyMk1d.png

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Yeah, last night may have been bad, but at least it wouldn't give you vision trouble. The 1979 World Series, on the other hand:

l_9aff4d213e06637e7501e24fcbbd803f.jpg

That's just eye-searingly terrible for both teams.

it was the 1970's so i give it a pass:

i think some of you might have even worn it then.  

so long and thanks for all the fish.

2 hours ago, McCarthy said:

The league should not even allow alternates in the playoffs. The teams shouldn't have a choice at all because you can't trust them to wear the correct uniforms. If it wasn't the black jerseys then it would've been the navy blue jerseys. They have 2 alternates and neither one of those colors appears on any other uniform. That's really unnecessary. 

Last night is the all-time "yeah but those uniforms though" moment. I have a lot of friends in Cleveland and many of them were downtown in the after party so I saw snapchats, instagrams, facebook pictures etc etc. I don't think I saw one fan wearing one of the black jerseys. Nobody was in the jersey the team won the championship in!

should've been this:

It's almost tragic. 

Honestly, I would have preferred any other Cavs jersey over those awful black sleeved abominations. Hell, even these things would have looked ten times better. 

numbers_9_130920.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Honestly, I would have preferred any other Cavs jersey over those awful black sleeved abominations. Hell, even these things would have looked ten times better. 

numbers_9_130920.jpg

I wish the guy in this picture won an NBA title last night, too.

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

should've been this:

012916-NBA-LeBron-James-23-of-the-Clevel

It's almost tragic. 

Sort of agree here. Unfortunately, the black sleeved jerseys are/were everywhere though.

I don't like them because there was no sense in introducing black as an alternate. They already used navy. The Cavs brand pushes "Wine and Gold United", but what did they where on national tv? Everything but wine or gold. It makes zero sense to me. 

Personally, I'd like to see the navy go away from the palette completely. Stick with actual wine and gold, and do a modern version of the striped throwbacks.

10 hours ago, Derek said:

Sort of agree here. Unfortunately, the black sleeved jerseys are/were everywhere though.

I don't like them because there was no sense in introducing black as an alternate. They already used navy. The Cavs brand pushes "Wine and Gold United", but what did they where on national tv? Everything but wine or gold. It makes zero sense to me. 

Personally, I'd like to see the navy go away from the palette completely. Stick with actual wine and gold, and do a modern version of the striped throwbacks.

There were times when watching Game 7 when you couldn't see the "wine" and they looked a black and yellow team. Maybe that's why they finally won a championship - they were wearing Pittsburgh's colors!

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 hours ago, Morgo said:

Then they have to don those stupid t-shirts, rendering the uniform decision irrelevant...  I'll take those sleeved, black, uniforms over a tacky t-shirt any day.  

This is a case where the championship tshirts are an improvement over the jersey. 

Halfway through the game I made this connection - all 3 of Lebron's championship have come while wearing black, yellow, and a dark red of some sort. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

There were times when watching Game 7 when you couldn't see the "wine" and they looked a black and yellow team. Maybe that's why they finally won a championship - they were wearing Pittsburgh's colors!

Yes, exactly. Especially in the sleeve and shirts trim. Totally disappears. That's why I don't like navy, especially on the court. Navy against the yellow, makes the yellow appear dull and greenish. When laid next to wine, it looks black.

you may get slugged mentioning Pittsburgh colors in Cleveland now that they're riding high ;)

20 minutes ago, Chauncey917 said:

Peyton Manning breaking the all-time NFL touchdown record in these awful blueberry unis.

9AB61A84-7D35-4F46-AE77-B459EF1AEED8_w64

This is a good example.

Come to think of it Elway and the Broncos finally winning a championship and it coming in those unis was one of the first "but those uniforms though" moment. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

My third grade basketball teams championship, ruined by a maroon jersey with white washed of team names. I could barely recognize we were still the Sooners (horible uncreative team name too)

Excellent!

Archived