MLB Changes 2017

TVIXX

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

It'll be kinda funny if the Rockies apply their new shade of purple to their all purple cap that they never wear anyways. I actually hope someone can verify this is if it actually gets done.

New purple hat available at Lids.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Just curious if you're OK with color vs color in spring training games?

Not really but at least those games don't count. Basically, to me, similar color vs similar color looks like a scrimmage and given the fact that teams have so many uniforms already and are always looking to sell more, seems they should be fine with each coming up with a white Spring Training jersey.

One thing I think MLB should allow though is all white vs color over white pants. Not sure why color/white vs color/grey is ok but they aren't allows to wear color/white on the road. Odd.  

39 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Not really but at least those games don't count. Basically, to me, similar color vs similar color looks like a scrimmage and given the fact that teams have so many uniforms already and are always looking to sell more, seems they should be fine with each coming up with a white Spring Training jersey.

One thing I think MLB should allow though is all white vs color over white pants. Not sure why color/white vs color/grey is ok but they aren't allows to wear color/white on the road. Odd.  

Get rid of grey altogether and make teams wear colored tops on the road.

48 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Like the 80s Cubs.

1988-score-chicago-cubs-baseball-cards-t

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Well the Indians seem to be cow towing to the politically correct not using chief wahoo as much as before.The mountains on the cap would be a start for the Rockies.

Cow towing.

11-05-13-lexus-is-f-hauling-plastic-cow.jpg

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Because of the still technical white V grey for home V road. 

Even with colour V colour, the pants make it the same concept as all white V grey 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

1 hour ago, ColeJ said:

Grey roads are one of my favorite parts of baseball aesthetically.

Mine too.

*** unpopular opinion alert ***

But I wished some teams had "color rush" type uniforms once in a while. Like full black for the White Sox (with white socks), full yellow the A's, full tomato for the Indians, etc.

*** bracing for full on hate in 3, 2, 1 ***

7 minutes ago, jrodsep said:

Mine too.

But I wished some teams had "color rush" type uniforms once in a while. Like full black for the White Sox (with white socks), full yellow the A's, full tomato for the Indians, etc.

Again with the weird mixture of traditional and classic.  If the Yanks and Tigers can get away with all white and the Cards, Cubs, and Royals can get away with powder, I'm in.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Who said it isn't allowed?

Colour-over-white on the road has been worn by the Cubs (as already noted), the Padres, the White Sox, the Rangers, and the Astros.

images (1).jpg  bbd324df9a1845f562fd29398d738a1a.jpg   Larry-Parrish.jpg

78507455.jpg

For me the only one of these that worked was the White Sox.  (Though I wish those collars had gone all the way around the neck.)

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, jrodsep said:

Mine too.

Everyone here knows that if the White Sox were allowed to do as you wish they'd wear that for all 162 games. :lol:

Nice pic of the white sox;by the looks of the picture it looks like Wrigley Field but interleauge hadn't started so maybe an exhibition game.And kudos on the Astros pic.What was the difference between their home and road uniforms during that era.Was the road uniform a bit less white than the home uniform?Or was it grayish?

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Nice pic of the white sox;by the looks of the picture it looks like Wrigley Field but interleauge hadn't started so maybe an exhibition game.And kudos on the Astros pic.What was the difference between their home and road uniforms during that era.Was the road uniform a bit less white than the home uniform?Or was it grayish?

Preseason exhibition game between the two teams?  I dunno any other teams in that era that would have had a brick backstop.

And if memory serves me correctly, the only difference between the two was a white circle around the back number on the home.

3 minutes ago, daveindc said:

Huh.  That shade of purple seems to split the difference between old and new.  Maybe just the material?  I do like the shade, though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived