NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

19 minutes ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Suns. It was the only good one, in my opinion.

Same. It was revolutionary and yet constrained, probably because of the area it was coming out of? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Clippers’ Buffalo Braves Classic Edition:

It's interesting that they've only thrown it back to that Braves uniform style when there are these options ...

tumblr_ot9mhaZ0zw1wulfg9o1_1280.pngtumblr_ot9mhaZ0zw1wulfg9o3_1280.png

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, the admiral said:

The Cavaliers' record in black, blue, and orange was 311-406. lol  good barnding

Fun times in Cleveland again!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

LA Clippers Feeling Brave With New Uniform

August 30, 2019 - 16:43 PM

Hands up who had Kawhi Leonard wearing a Buffalo uniform in 2019-20, anyone? The King of the North, indeed. This afternoon the Los Angeles Clippers (or “LA Clippers” as they prefer to be called) unveiled their new “Classic” edition uniform […]

Read More...

They'd be better off using this as a template for their regular uniform, rather than throwback.

I don't think there's a black/vegas gold team in NBA, but that might be flashy enough for LA, and there should be  way to adapt this so that it doesn't encroach too much on the Blazers trademark (though that might be very tough.)

They could replace that cool B logo with the "LA" nautical flags.

LA-Clippers-New-Uniform-Buffalo-Braves.j

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, the admiral said:

The Cavaliers' record in black, blue, and orange was 311-406. lol  good barnding

To be fair. They had a winning record in both iterations of the sash/slash unis they're throwing back to. It was the final version of blue orange black with just the piping that they had an abysmal record in. 

20 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

They'd be better off using this as a template for their regular uniform, rather than throwback.

I don't think there's a black/vegas gold team in NBA, but that might be flashy enough for LA, and there should be  way to adapt this so that it doesn't encroach too much on the Blazers trademark (though that might be very tough.)

Toronto uses black and vegas gold a lot (thanks to Drake).

I'd like to see this template in light blue and orange.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, kimball said:

It's interesting that they've only thrown it back to that Braves uniform style when there are these options ...

tumblr_ot9mhaZ0zw1wulfg9o1_1280.pngtumblr_ot9mhaZ0zw1wulfg9o3_1280.png

Never knew about that 70-71 set.

I hope there's some traction with the orange; between that and the light blue there's some coherence between the Buffalo throwbacks and San Diego Clippers colors that I'd love to see as a new identity. Include the black if necessary.     Black / sky blue / orange....ironically that's the same as the Cavs set being thrown back to!

Being a lifelong Buffalonian who is old enough to remember watching the team live, even went to a few games at the Aud.

I LOVED these jerseys best, but they were very short lived. I think two seasons.

No idea why they went away from the style and colors.

The Baby Blue set was actually very sharp as well when I think about the Braves of old, Bob McAdoo, Randy Smith, Ernie D. it's the baby blue that come to mind.

As far as stepping on the Trail Blazers toes, the Braves Orange/Black diagonals were long gone before the Trailblazers went diagonal. They are definitely the team most associated with diagonal striping over the years now, but there is "pre-Portland" precedence if the Clippers wanted to go back to that template.

It's been a little bitter sweet seeing the Clippers embrace their Braves days the past few years. I was 13 and so very PISSED off when they left town for San Diego. The first few years I rooted against the Clippers to the point of it didn't matter who they played, it could be the Celtics or Bullets who as a Braves Fan were the teams that I hated because they had beaten on us the most during playoffs etc. As long as I could check the Buffalo Evening News each night and see the Clippers lost, I was happy.

My interest in the NBA waned over the years along with my hatred for the Clippers, but I still find it hard to root for the team that broke my Middle School heart all those many years ago. I have plenty of teams still in town who break my heart every year to root for (thank you Bills and Sabres)..

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Toronto uses black and vegas gold a lot (thanks to Drake).

I'd like to see this template in light blue and orange.

I kinda think they need something a little flashier to get attention and be more LAish.  They could go the opposite direction and be more basic like the Dodgers, but I think they'd be better served being flashy (but classy).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

First of all, anything that promotes franchise continuity, and public awareness thereof, is a good thing.  As I have mentioned many times, this is a question that reaches beyond sport, and touches the issue of honesty in the recording of history.

Secondly, the continued use of these uniforms with a feather logo demonstrates that some limited form of Native imagery is evidently tolerable if it is not presented in a demeaning ifashion.  A feather is featured also on the sleeves of the Atlanta Braves' 1970s uniform, which that team continues to use as a throwback. But on these Clippers / Buffalo Braves uniforms, the feather is prominent.

Finally, these colours are gorgeous, and should be adopted by the Clippers at once.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The Clippers are hitting all the right notes on branding and will sell a billion Buffalo Braves hats and other gear.

The Braves logo (and, really, the rest of Clippers branding) circles the right combo of accessible vintage design, while also feeling like an edgy approach to showing support for an NBA team owned by one of the 20 richest men in the world.

So there's that!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

LA-Clippers-New-Uniform-Buffalo-Braves.j

Man, I dig those a lot. The lack of Buffalo Braves colors (orange/black/white AND light blue/black/white) in the NBA is a bad thing. The Clips need to take a bit of both, and make their City's from two (?) years ago their new identity (Although I do like their new gangsta font too. Who knew the red-uniformed stepchild of LA could go from being one one the most "irrelevant" teams in sports to one of the more potentially compelling in such a short time?).

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

On 8/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, Old School Fool said:

Here are some really detailed pictures of the original Arco Arena. Bob Busser's site has a ton of other great arena and stadium pictures too, it's the closest thing to actually visiting some of these old places.

https://ballparks.smugmug.com/Arco-Arena-l-Sacramento-California/

For a long time there were no detailed pictures of it and it was just up to rare archive footage and people's memories but now you can get a good look. I've driven by this place several times and I still can't believe it housed NBA basketball at any point. The building is now the California Department of Consumer Affairs after being a Sprint building for awhile.

That was pretty awesome!  I would have loved to see a game here.  It reminds me almost of Duke's arena from what I see on TV. 

1 hour ago, Colin_Pernett said:

spacer.png

With all of these 90s throwbacks, I hope these are making a return. The hawks social media has brought them up a couple times this offseason.

They had a poll toward the end of last season , askingfans to choose their throwback choice between the 1995 uni's, and the red jersey from 1992. I love both of them honestly.  https://mobile.twitter.com/atlhawks/status/1095749286812373004

16 hours ago, MkDon said:

Since i love traditional WHITE HOME TEAM, i am so glad my Raptors are wearing this on the classic court. 

I swear those silver “pinstripes” are gold on this throwback. Especially when compared to graphic used on the mothership article. Are my old-man eyes deceiving me??

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived