New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hate the black uniforms, otherwise not a bad looking set. It’s contemporary without being overly trendy. I don’t necessarily dislike the black trim but I just don’t think it suits the Jets. Green and white would do just fine. They’ll probably cycle back to a white helmet and something resembling the previous uniforms/Namath era in 5 years anyway.

Oh and one more thing on the logo . . . the football cause that was an element of the old logo?  I think we know we're a football team . . . why not a jet of some sort.  I said it earlier and I'll say it again . . . you spent 3-5 years coming up with this.  Hope the on-field decisions are better than this.  I won't be buying any of this merchandise.

2 hours ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I can live with them. I'm sure there will be some tweaks here and there over time. Maybe just MAYBE they can be convinced to slap the 80's logo on the helmet. But probably not.

Some kind of Oregon badass "fire" stuff was avoided. It's acceptable. It's an update on the uni last seen in 1997. They still the Jets to me. It's not a total rebrand like the Sabres in 1996, Isles of 1995. I'm pleased with that

Green shells now open the possibility for an 80s throwback jersey & helmet a few years down the line due to the one helmet rule 

13 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

Not sure if this has been said or not, but the biggest problem I see is that the helmet logo is not outlined in black, to tie it in with the facemask, like the 1990s were.  The lack of it cheapens the look IMO.

Riddell New York Jets 1990-1997 Authentic Throwback Helmet

Yep. It's just another result of them forcing elements of the previous logo onto this design. The white on green only makes sense for the previous look, not this. 

16 minutes ago, Jungle Jim said:

Not sure if this has been said or not, but the biggest problem I see is that the helmet logo is not outlined in black, to tie it in with the facemask, like the 1990s were.  The lack of it cheapens the look IMO.

Riddell New York Jets 1990-1997 Authentic Throwback Helmet

I think the exact opposite. The black outline on the logo would've cartoon-ified the helmet. Showing restrain and avoiding black on the logo was the smartest decision they made.

I think the Jags 2018 rebrand >>>>>> Jets 2019 rebrand.   This look simply isn’t my taste, feels like a uniform by committee, and voids any semblance of what little brand identity the Jets did have before.  Now it’s a Madden Create-a-Team.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I would have preferred they just fixed the problems with the (now) old uniforms, and I'm still perplexed that they wouldn't bring back the 80s wordmark for something like this.  But overall, I can more than live with these.  As I said in the other thread, the striping isn't traditional, but it is restrained to the parts of the uniforms where you'd expect to see stripes anyway.

Even the things I don't care for (the black number outlines, and that dumb football on the wordmark) aren't too terribly obtrusive.  They still look like the Jets to me.

Archived