New York Jets unveil new uniforms

I like it for the most part nothing special but at least nothing that to me makes this look terrible. The helmet like most people are saying does not match the rest of the uniform. I do not know why they did not simply do either one of these & put it on the helmet I like the first one the best

0htxGYJ.png

KF0k9jE.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ChiCity95 said:

Why couldn't the Jets have made a modern version of this logo? 

5gtfjeljv9kf52bdv9otg3fhf.gif

Also, the "New York" on the unis is not needed, IMO.

I agree, but I guess they probably feel as if they did. 

The uniforms are simple, at best, which is good. I like that the Jets only use black in their alternate uniform. I love the color of green that they chose. The logo is meh... The New York isn't centered and that'll bug me, but overall, a nice, clean upgrade for the Jets.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Awful. Just awful from head to toe. You are the Jets, right? A jet in the logo (like their 80's logo) is appropriate. The Memphis Express got the logo right. The Jets did not.

Having New York on the jersey is stupid.. There are 2 "New York" teams. Either use Jets, or put something on the sleeve if you want to pay homage to New York City, which you are not. You are a Jersey team.

Is the Jets number font the first custom font from the Nike redesigns that doesn’t have any WTF angles or cuts anywhere? The 1’s could use a serif on the top but it appears to actually be a solid numeral set unless I’m missing something...

19 minutes ago, 8BW14 said:

Is the Jets number font the first custom font from the Nike redesigns that doesn’t have any WTF angles or cuts anywhere? The 1’s could use a serif on the top but it appears to actually be a solid numeral set unless I’m missing something...

Jaguars have a custom font that's plays towards regular block font. 

24 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

The Memphis Express got the logo right.

....I heard a rumor that all the Express' helmet decals somehow are available right now. Just saying.

Would love to see a recolored Express helmet with the new Jets uniforms mashup.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

12 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

Not sure if this has been said or not, but the biggest problem I see is that the helmet logo is not outlined in black, to tie it in with the facemask, like the 1990s were.  The lack of it cheapens the look IMO.

Riddell New York Jets 1990-1997 Authentic Throwback Helmet

I think it works actually. They've set it up so that lettering and striping is plain white/green and only the numbers have an outline. Which is ok in terms of consistency. There's an internal logic and I think it's the only way to have a black outline on the numbers and still make the rest of the design work. I think the black outline on 90's helmet is something of a downgrade from the 80's look.

If I were to try and reconstruct this process, I think they wanted to do a NY Sack Exchange design with a modern twist. However, they also wanted a black uniform too but couldn't make black a prominent color without overloading the vectors and helmet script. So they just left it in the only places where it would be comparatively unobtrusive: the numbers and the facemask. 

Did they succeed in making a good design overall? Meh, depends on perspective. I think they mostly did fine but I understand anyone who thinks they should've just gone with a kelly version of the previous design, or just revived the Sack Exchange design wholesale. 

12 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

That’s right. I forgot about that one. I do like the Jaguars font too

37 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Awful. Just awful from head to toe. You are the Jets, right? A jet in the logo (like their 80's logo) is appropriate. The Memphis Express got the logo right. The Jets did not.

Having New York on the jersey is stupid.. There are 2 "New York" teams. Either use Jets, or put something on the sleeve if you want to pay homage to New York City, which you are not. You are a Jersey team.

Easy Rutherford is part of the NYC Metropolitan market. Same as Camden, NJ being part of the Philadelphia Metropolitan market.

Also this is comedy gold.

38 minutes ago, NYC Cosmos said:

Wow, this "New York" thing needs to end.  The "New York" in Jets, Giants, Knicks, Yankees, Mets and Rangers always has and always will refer to "New York City", NOT New York State.  The fact that the Jets and Giants happen to play across state lines in New Jersey is no different than Buffalo playing in Orchard Park or Dallas playing in Irving, and now, Arlington.  They play in a near suburb of the city they represent, and the city they were born in.  The fact that New York City counts as its suburbs parts of two other states is irrelevant. 

I'm a Nassau County guy, and New York City is my city the same way it is for someone from the Hudson Valley or North New Jersey, or southern Connecticut. 

43 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Yes, and this one is all but identical in proportion and structure, just with a few serifs clipped off, a horizontal 2, and a closed 4. I hope this isn’t a trend, where “new” typefaces are minimally modified versions of other new typefaces.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Everyone keeps saying there not Jet uniforms/colors...I think they clearly tried to modernize the 90's era Jets uniforms. As well as trying to keep the current logo, which is why we don't get the concorde on the helmet.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, VC15AP18 said:

Everyone keeps saying there not Jet uniforms/colors...I think they clearly tried to modernize the 90's era Jets uniforms. As well as trying to keep the current logo, which is why we don't get the concorde on the helmet.

spacer.png

The concord logo actually looks more like it belongs with the new set. That should've been a no brainer. Rounded, unstreamlined old JETS sticks out like a sore thumb on these. 

Serious question, and maybe I missed the answer already.. but I've seen multiple times that the Jets are obligated to have the word "JETS" on their helmets.. is this true? And what is the source? That seems odd, and who would they be contractually beholden to?

Archived