New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

Yep, exactly.

The Jets should have a fantastic "NY" mark that is as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants).

absolutely. i think it would be incredibly valuable from a brand perspective.

i assume that why they likely don't is because of the physical location of the franchise (new jersey), and they've convinced themselves if they emphasis 'NY' too much, it would turn off fans from jersey. which of course would be dumb, since the giants have an 'NY' on their helmet and play in the same stadium (though the giants at least still hold training camp in new york).

sig2024.png

1 hour ago, Survival79 said:

It gives the Jets logo what it always needed: a hamburger bun.

Wimpy just looked at the logo and said, "I will gladly pay You Tuesday for some touchdowns today."

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

29 minutes ago, Brian E said:

absolutely. i think it would be incredibly valuable from a brand perspective.

i assume that why they likely don't is because of the physical location of the franchise (new jersey), and they've convinced themselves if they emphasis 'NY' too much, it would turn off fans from jersey. which of course would be dumb, since the giants have an 'NY' on their helmet and play in the same stadium (though the giants at least still hold training camp in new york).

I don't understand why, if in the close-to-ours alternate world where I grew up in NYC, I couldn't go on '47 Brand and get a hat with just the italicized "NY" on it. https://www.47brand.com/collections/new-york-jets

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

21 minutes ago, Chico said:

S1A3Esc.jpg

. . . or this.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

The Jets should have a fantastic "NY" mark that is as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants).

I don't know if it's as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants), but it's certainly more delicious.

SKxJQWT.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

16 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

He can't - he's just been suspended for 6 months.

Of course... just when we need him  :/ 

If that is indeed the logo it does jive with what he said about it being not much of a difference. I'll hold off on criticism on it til we see the final product, I'm not going to judge a 3 pixel logo lol BUT If its like the mock up, man its boring, I would have preferred the outlined NY behind. We'll see how it goes. 

2 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

No it wouldn’t be. They’re the New York Jets. A team that represents one of the world’s great cities. The locale, not nickname, should be the selling poing. 

Promoting “Jets” at the expense of “New York” is silly. 

yebhG3N.png

Yeah, they've really emphasized the city in their branding.

1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

Of course... just when we need him  :/ 

If that is indeed the logo it does jive with what he said about it being not much of a difference. I'll hold off on criticism on it til we see the final product, I'm not going to judge a 3 pixel logo lol BUT If its like the mock up, man its boring, I would have preferred the outlined NY behind. We'll see how it goes. 

That's debateable.  Won't be long now 🙂

It's where I sit.

18 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

Here is a mock up I did real quick of what the new logo may be.

w4SZlQF.png

Can't wait for the long drawn out "How we created the new logo" video. Showing a wall of ideas, old pictures of Joe Namath, color swatches and designer talking about how they really wanted to create something that embodied the history, fans and city. How they went through this long process to make sure they created the best logo in the history of the world. But really, all you did was delete the NY in the background and add New York above Jets. 

2 hours ago, Survival79 said:

I don't know if it's as recognizable/enviable as the Yankees, Mets, (or Giants), but it's certainly more delicious.

SKxJQWT.png

This is so cheesy. It’ll really put them in a pickle if they use this. 

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

Hi there I believe my friend above you said "should" have "have." Did you misunderstand?

I believe you should proofread what you write before casting aspersions on others’ literacy.

Putting pedantics aside, to the broader point: there’s 10 NYC professional sports teams in five leagues. I think the city is represented well. I think people know New York exists. The team that has historically emphasized its nickname (it’s not a N-E-W-Y-O-R-K! chant) should have a more creative logo based on that nickname than a fairly boring wordmark.

8 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

I believe you should proofread what you write before casting aspersions on others’ literacy.

Putting pedantics aside, to the broader point: there’s 10 NYC professional sports teams in five leagues. I think the city is represented well. I think people know New York exists. The team that has historically emphasized its nickname (it’s not a N-E-W-Y-O-R-K! chant) should have a more creative logo based on that nickname than a fairly boring wordmark.

Hi there I believe my friend above you said "should" not "have." Did you misunderstand?*

I've corrected my previous reply feel free to answer my question now if you'd like.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Can't wait for the long drawn out "How we created the new logo" video. Showing a wall of ideas, old pictures of Joe Namath, color swatches and designer talking about how they really wanted to create something that embodied the history, fans and city. How they went through this long process to make sure they created the best logo in the history of the world. But really, all you did was delete the NY in the background and add New York above Jets. 

Like this video about the Browns' new uniforms.

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

The new lighter green reflects a new era in Gotham. No more dark (k)nights for Gang Green, the green is as bright as their future. The addition of black reflects the shadows cast by the hulking buildings scraping the sky of the Manhattan, A symbol of strength and unflinching resolve.

The white remains unchanged.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived