New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 minute ago, MCM0313 said:

Never got those. I don't think white side panels on a color jersey look good. I don't think most side panels look good. But your country seems to like them. ;)

Whether it's the CFL or NFL, sometimes I think they're okay but it depends.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Whether it's the CFL or NFL, sometimes I think they're okay but it depends.

FWIW, salfino was asked specifically about the side panels and he said he wasn't told in that level of detail.

the only real solid stuff we have in this thread thus far is:

- new green (called 'sport green') (via teal)

- black as a third color/new black alternate (via teal, salfino)

- jersey and pant options in green, white, and black (via teal)

- logo is a change, but not a drastic one. uses elements of the old logo (via a hint from go for broke)

- wordmark on the front of the jersey, presumably under the neck line (via salfino)

sig2024.png

14 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I never heard that was supposed to be a plane. Think it was just a ln angry football face. 

If anything, and its pretty loose, that squiggle over the ball could be a plane (think stealth bomber) 

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I just want to remind everyone that the Jets had a logo in 2002-2005 that was apparently suppose to be the nose of a plane making an angry face or something. Whatever we get is not going to be as bad as this so try to keep that in mind.

943.gif

I can see it. Football is the nose and the eyes and brow are the window.

233586_800.jpg

5 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

I can see it. Football is the nose and the eyes and brow are the window.

233586_800.jpg

It’s a stretch though, it was clearly a football face first, and anyone who says they say an airplane nose before being told would be lying to you.

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I just want to remind everyone that the Jets had a logo in 2002-2005 that was apparently suppose to be the nose of a plane making an angry face or something. Whatever we get is not going to be as bad as this so try to keep that in mind.

943.gif

Maybe it's a stretch but I kind of see Homer Simpson.

face.gif

3 hours ago, insert name said:

Whatever it was suppose to be, it was bad and that's why it was quickly and quietly removed. 

They used it for the in game graphics. He was an animated character that said stuff like "Let's Go Jets" and "Defense." I don't think it even made it through an entire season. I remember they also used it as a tie in for their Generation Jets kids tv show on CBS which did not last long either. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

35 minutes ago, Chico said:

They used it for the in game graphics. He was an animated character that said stuff like "Let's Go Jets" and "Defense." I don't think it even made it through an entire season. I remember they also used it as a tie in for their Generation Jets kids tv show on CBS which did not last long either. 

Wow. Wow. I forgot that was a thing that existed. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, Chico said:

32 minutes ago, insert name said:

I never knew it was. And on a major network, no less?!

58 minutes ago, insert name said:

25 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I never knew it was. And on a major network, no less?!

Apparently it won two day time emmy's. It was a Saturday kids cartoon. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

4 hours ago, Chico said:

Get Jets induced PTSD thinking of that thing (they called him Game Face) yelling DE-FENSE! and LETS GO JETS. No one liked it.

Sample of some of his usual cartoon hijinks:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/get-green-with-gameface-2417452

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

943.gif

tumblr_mqfvlyPgzu1rrftcdo1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Chico said:

I remember they also used it as a tie in for their Generation Jets kids tv show on CBS which did not last long either. 

1 hour ago, mmajeski06 said:

Get Jets induced PTSD thinking of that thing (they called him Game Face) yelling DE-FENSE! and LETS GO JETS. No one liked it.

Sample of some of his usual cartoon hijinks:

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/get-green-with-gameface-2417452

This team is weird.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived