College Football 2020

Kevin W.

A&M just shared a photo of a player wearing a uniform with last season's patches but with no bevel on the team name and numbers. It is the second photo on the post below. I dont know if it is a promo shoot for next season or a photoshopped pic from last season meant to show off what new uniforms could look like and it wasn't meant for distribution.

17 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

A&M just shared a photo of a player wearing a uniform with last season's patches but with no bevel on the team name and numbers. It is the second photo on the post below. I dont know if it is a promo shoot for next season or a photoshopped pic from last season meant to show off what new uniforms could look like and it wasn't meant for distribution.

It looks edited to me. There are a couple places where you can still see traces of the beveling, and they happen to be in corners where a soft, round Photoshop brush may not quite fully reach if someone were to quickly paint over the numbers. But as you suggest, I'd imagine it is indeed a sign of things to come. 

ZNlz2nL.png

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

The lighting also makes the whites look really overexposed, so it might just be the optics of it.

• Like 4

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:25 PM, hawk36 said:

This is a great uniform but just needs a slight refinement... With so much going on the outlined numerals unnecessarily clutter. Look at the flag, no outlines, keep that in mind and use sold black or solid red numerals and it all comes together nicely. 

c6dcfb593f1c75195bafae7ee92003a7.jpg 

Absolutely. A simple lack of cohesion and balance/hierarchy has long been a weakness in so much football design.

You’ve got enormous flag graphics on the two most prominent parts of the uniform. You don’t need more of that pattern shrunk down and printed on the numbers. It’s redundant clutter. The aforementioned graphics are full color, and huge. You don’t need little slivers of those colors on the digits. Solid color numbers would complement those big graphic blocks spectacularly. Gimme a solid black number with red team and player name, or vice versa.

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Yes. Also the fact that it’s still a uniform change for the 2020 season.

Guess we should put every transfer in this thread then. Aside from the fact that he’s Tua’s brother, Taulia isn’t better or more notable than Jamie Newman, D’Eriq King, Feleipe Franks, Joey Gatewood or J.T. Daniels (wherever he eventually ends up), and they didn’t or won’t get their own post. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Guess we should put every transfer in this thread then. Aside from the fact that he’s Tua’s brother, Taulia isn’t more better or more notable than Jamie Newman, D’Eriq King, Feleipe Franks, Joey Gatewood or J.T. Daniels (whenever he eventually ends up), and they didn’t or won’t get their own post. 

Legitimate question- Is it really a big deal it was posted? I would’ve put it in the 2020 College Football thread over in “Sports in General” but didn’t see the thread. Or at least couldn’t find it. I thought this was a better option anyway.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Legitimate question- Is it really a big deal it was posted? I would’ve put it in the 2020 College Football thread over in “Sports in General” but didn’t see the thread. Or at least didn’t see it. I thought this was a better option anyway.

It’s not the end of the world by any means, but certainly a loose interpretation of 2020 changes as it pertains to uniforms.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

probably more likely capitalizing on the success of the Last Dance 

Yea, but why? USCAR and UNC love to argue about who the real "Carolina" is, propping up an icon that went to Chapel-Hill is pretty silly on their part. Teams outside of UNC and the Hornets using the Jordan brand is pretty dumb already, but it would be especially so for a school in direct competition with one of them. Of course UNC is also a school who celebrates and advertises Mack Brown's title at Texas as their own which is very strange. In the end, both schools are silly places so I suppose it all makes sense.

13 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

Yea, but why? USCAR and UNC love to argue about who the real "Carolina" is, propping up an icon that went to Chapel-Hill is pretty silly on their part. Teams outside of UNC and the Hornets using the Jordan brand is pretty dumb already, but it would be especially so for a school in direct competition with one of them. Of course UNC is also a school who celebrates and advertises Mack Brown's title at Texas as their own which is very strange. In the end, both schools are silly places so I suppose it all makes sense.

With Under Armour facing numerous issues of late they could make the jump, but the lack of an actual Jumpman logo next to a Gamecocks logo could signify it's just the football team trying a new way to hype up the team for this fall. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

25 minutes ago, frosty06306 said:

Could be worse... we could be N.C. State

• Like 1

I don’t see it for a few reasons. Jordan wouldn’t position themselves against the primary rival of Michael Jordan’s own school. South Carolina is already one of UA’s more prominent schools and if they can hang on to them, they should. Also, Jordan tends to go after some of the biggest and most successful teams (UNC, Michigan, Florida, Oklahoma) and I just don’t see SC in that category- they’re definitely more middle of the pack.

———

Edit- pardon my total whiff on NC and SC being main rivals. D’oh!

• Like 1