Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of Chargers going white at home in a vacuum, but it feels awkward to do that when they've released three different versions of a blue-first identity. (Many solutions here, but the obvious one is that three of those is unnecessary.)

On 4/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, ramsker said:

They changed it on the virtual venue. 

http://rams.io-media.com/web/index.html#/

these mofo’s want $800 for a nosebleed? Lmaoooooo bruh! Bringing football back to LA is going to be a huge disaster.. you built a 70,000 capacity stadium which should’ve been closer to 60K, and you’re not pulling that number in weekly & then to top it off you want to charge that insane amount of money?

I hope the Rams fail in all that they do.. 

If those are the full season prices and not the price per game, then I'm shocked at how cheap LA football is.  The way people talked about how the area couldn't wait for their "beloved Rams" (lol) to return, I'd have figured the price to get in would be more than $60/game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

If those are the full season prices and not the price per game, then I'm shocked at how cheap LA football is.  The way people talked about how the area couldn't wait for their "beloved Rams" (lol) to return, I'd have figured the price to get in would be more than $60/game.

It's almost as if Los Angeles...was never meant to be a two-team city. 😛 Hell, if you're not a perennial winner, they barely have the care for one NFL team, let alone two.

And if there was such demand in LA for either team, you'd think that most of the nosebleeds wouldn't be under 1k for a season ticket.

EDIT: It's $100 for a Chargers SSL in the top row. Yeah, they're definitely doing gangbusters down there. /s

16 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It's almost as if Los Angeles...was never meant to be a two-team city. 😛 Hell, if you're not a perennial winner, they barely have the care for one NFL team, let alone two.

I'll disagree with this one: the Rams and Raiders could've done well together but anything with the Chargers in LA is and would be nothing but a disaster.

the user formerly known as cdclt

41 minutes ago, QCS said:

I'll disagree with this one: the Rams and Raiders could've done well together but anything with the Chargers in LA is and would be nothing but a disaster.

The chargers unis are awesome...but it wont gain new fans in los angeles...it s los angeles for crying out loud I.....l 'll give the chargers 2 to 3 years to make it work...I agree it will be a disaster.....soon the San diego train will blare again the first game where sofi is over run with the visiting team fans.... if you think 5 k in a soccer stadium was bad...just imagine 100k 🤤

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

And if there was such demand in LA for either team, you'd think that most of the nosebleeds wouldn't be under 1k for a season ticket.

EDIT: It's $100 for a Chargers SSL in the top row. Yeah, they're definitely doing gangbusters down there. /s

The NFL will regret allowing the chargers to join the rams there ........in fact they are 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Well you have 10 major professional teams and 2 major college teams the compared to the 3 or 4 teams normally. There's also things like Disneyland or universal that have annual passes that are priced the pretty closely to a lot of season tickets for the teams here plus there's a ton of other options here that there is no city in the country that has as much to do. Competition for money and attention is a whole different animal in Los Angeles than back east and because of that unless you are the Lakers prices tend to be more competitive. 

BTW I've gone to every single Rams game here and outside of 2 or 3 games the Rams fanbase has show up strong and is getting better every year, the Rams are very much beloved here a and maybe you should stop commenting on situations all the way across the country that you clearly don't know anything about. 

I do believe that LA shouldn't have the Chargers though that was clearly the wrong choice it really should have been an expansion team when the next wave came around. The Raiders and their fanbase is to polarized that they would have struggled a ton to get any fans that weren't already Raiders fans. 

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

6 minutes ago, masterchaoss said:

Well you have 10 major professional teams and 2 major college teams the compared to the 3 or 4 teams normally. There's also things like Disneyland or universal that have annual passes that are priced the pretty closely to a lot of season tickets for the teams here plus there's a ton of other options here that there is no city in the country that has as much to do. Competition for money and attention is a whole different animal in Los Angeles than back east and because of that unless you are the Lakers prices tend to be more competitive. 

BTW I've gone to every single Rams game here and outside of 2 or 3 games the Rams fanbase has show up strong and is getting better every year, the Rams are very much beloved here a and maybe you should stop commenting on situations all the way across the country that you clearly don't know anything about. 

I do believe that LA shouldn't have the Chargers though that was clearly the wrong choice it really should have been an expansion team when the next wave came around. The Raiders and their fanbase is to polarized that they would have struggled a ton to get any fans that weren't already Raiders fans. 

It's still a Raiders town.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:13 PM, Pizzaman7294 said:

spacer.png

This has 24 likes and no POTD nomination? Let me change that.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, scraw28 said:

The NFL will regret allowing the chargers to join the rams there ........in fact they are 

Not just allowing the Chargers to move, but almost requiring that they do.

All to spite Kroenke, the final attempt to punish him for moving the Rams back to LA.  As petty and silly as it sounds. 

21 minutes ago, guest23 said:

It's still a Raiders town.

Well Raiders fans have had two tries to fill the soccer stadium and couldn't as well as having meh rating when they are on here as opposed to the Rams where they are constantly either 1 or 2 only behind the Sunday night game that has no other football competition in that slot. The Raiders brand is popular because of Hip Hop culture here and their still in the top half of fan bases here but its a pretty big stretch to call it a Raiders town anymore.

I'm also willing to bet that if you ask the average person you see with Raiders gear if they watch any football outside the Superbowl they'd probably say no. Now that's not wholly a bad thing as it shows the Raiders brand is incredibly strong that people will wear their stuff only for fashion, same thing with LAFC I've tried to talk to people wearing their caps about soccer and they've had no idea what I'm saying. Merchandise doesn't always equal fans, it dose most of the time but when a team has such a strong brand like those two do or its a piece of its branding got pushed into pop culture like quite a few baseball caps did in the 90's with prominent rappers wearing them constantly the Tigers, Braves, and White Sox being the big ones I can think of.  

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

1 hour ago, masterchaoss said:

I feel like LA is the proper home for the Rams.  I also think that had they not bailed for Anaheim, the Raiders would never have moved to LA.  Still, I want the Rams to have LA to themselves in the sense that the Dodgers do.  I think the end game is the Chargers eventually moving south, whether back to San Diego, or perhaps Anaheim or even Long Beach?

17 minutes ago, NicDB said:

I feel like LA is the proper home for the Rams.  I also think that had they not bailed for Anaheim, the Raiders would never have moved to LA.  Still, I want the Rams to have LA to themselves in the sense that the Dodgers do.  I think the end game is the Chargers eventually moving south, whether back to San Diego, or perhaps Anaheim or even Long Beach?

Chargers should’ve NEVER moved in the first place...but I understand why they did. If they start to win consistently, folks WILL jump on the bandwagon. Hell, while the Rams were gone I. Went to a few games in SD and cheered for them.

But yeah, LA did NOT need two teams. The Rams alone should’ve been the end of it. But greed...

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

10 hours ago, QCS said:

The Rams and no one couldn't have done well, let alone the Rams and another team.  I applaud the move, especially the private financing aspect, but I'll never forget when I got ganged up on and ripped to shreds by people swearing that the LA area had been clamoring for "LA's team" to return, and that they were beloved, and had rallies of 85 million people chanting "WE WANT THE RAMS!  WE WANT THE RAMS!" (ok, the last one was made up, but the rest is true.)

LA should have a team because it's silly to pass up the 2nd largest media market, but let's not pretend it serves as anything other than a road trip destination and like 15 people in Rams shirts (or worse... jerseys.)

8 hours ago, nash61 said:

This has 24 likes and no POTD nomination? Let me change that.

Is that even a thing anymore?  I think it lived a long life but it's time for it to take a dirt nap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Not just allowing the Chargers to move, but almost requiring that they do.

All to spite Kroenke, the final attempt to punish him for moving the Rams back to LA.  As petty and silly as it sounds. 

I'm not so sure about that. John Clayton has said on his radio show that the owners didn't really expect the Chargers move to happen and were kind of shocked when it actually did. Basically they wanted a new stadium in San Diego and didn't want the Raiders in LA so they allowed the Chargers to play that out. Unfortunately it backfired.  

I’m pretty sure the two teams in LA thing stems from how wide of a range the fan base for all teams in the NFL is here. It could work in a sense that the AFC teams will all visit (theoretically speaking) so Dolphins and Chiefs fans can all come through. LA is a city of many transplants, and those people bring their ties with them, so I’ve run into people who were fans of the Browns because they’re from Cleveland or wherever it is the next person can be from, so I think it’ll work in that sense. 16 home games at Sofi, 16 different teams. 

Regarding the Chargers trying to fill up 70,000 seats, home and road fans, that’s a different task haha. I also think the Raiders moved to Vegas since it’s “almost” the same distance from Oakland and Los Angeles. So both parties if they wanted to watch, could make the 3-4 hour drive and you’re spending the weekend in VEGAS.. as well as Vegas getting their own team. 

Sadly I’m a Cowboy fan, but I REALLY do hope this LA move works out just to put on for my city. But the Rams are really dropping the ball and pissing me tf off with this logo, these prices and with the looming jersey fail, I hope the Chargers win before they do. 

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Rams and no one couldn't have done well, let alone the Rams and another team.  I applaud the move, especially the private financing aspect, but I'll never forget when I got ganged up on and ripped to shreds by people swearing that the LA area had been clamoring for "LA's team" to return, and that they were beloved, and had rallies of 85 million people chanting "WE WANT THE RAMS!  WE WANT THE RAMS!" (ok, the last one was made up, but the rest is true.)

LA should have a team because it's silly to pass up the 2nd largest media market, but let's not pretend it serves as anything other than a road trip destination and like 15 people in Rams shirts (or worse... jerseys.)

Is that even a thing anymore?  I think it lived a long life but it's time for it to take a dirt nap.

You were right and the financial upside for the league for a franchise in LA is close to zero because the TV market was already maximizing viewership. The only benefit is to the local franchise to boost local revenues which will never be offset by a $6 billion sunk cost. Goodell played this like a champ he took advantage of Kroenke moving literally at all costs by forcing him to take on one of the worst owners in American sports as a partner and building the league brand new studio facilities. This was all done to be in LA where they will always be a sports novelty and never a cultural institution like the Dodgers or Lakers.

18 minutes ago, guest23 said:

You were right and the financial upside for the league for a franchise in LA is close to zero because the TV market was already maximizing viewership.

Source?

The only benefit is to the local franchise to boost local revenues which will never be offset by a $6 billion sunk cost. 

What does your NPV analysis tell you? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived