Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Many also forgot how they treated LA when we lost the Rams. 

What does this mean?

1 hour ago, Jymp said:

Get back on topic, this is about the Rams new uniforms.

Nice first post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, colortv said:

RE: Gradient

e052327a2fa1dc1a79d4e9199aec441b.jpg

charles1.jpg

Gradients can work sometimes. I think the 90s Suns are an excellent example. I'd argue that there are some NFL teams that could make great use of them if executed properly (Dolphins, Jaguars). With that being said, the Rams are not one of them.

fiowXOD.png

6 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Gradients can work sometimes. I think the 90s Suns are an excellent example. I'd argue that there are some NFL teams that could make great use of them if executed properly (Dolphins, Jaguars). With that being said, the Rams are not one of them.

Jaguars have already shown that they can’t with their last set

7 hours ago, dont care said:

Well they chose horrible gradient colors. 

While not as good as the regular solid black helmet, I think this is a better use of gradient than the black-to-gold monstrosity. 

Jacksonville Jaguars Blaze Alternate Speed Mini Helmet | NFL

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

39 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

This person is apparently a lurker who just got tired of it. Something had to be said.

I disagree, and I certainly don't care about a lurker that hasn't contributed even a single point to any discussion.

There's no newsno uniforms, and no definitive date for when we'll have anything.  Plus, most of us are stuck at home with little else to do.  It's totally understandable that threads are going to devolve, and then get back on track once there's actually something to talk about.

EDIT it could be a lot worse... we could go back to the "is Anaheim a suburb" discussion again.  Now that would get annoying (since some people still don't understand why it is...) OH NO NOW I DONE DID IT

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, dont care said:

The key is executing it properly. The Jags did an awful job. Teal/Black would be preferable and with a much larger fade than the nearly straight split between colors the Jags had.

fiowXOD.png

16 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I disagree, and I certainly don't care about a lurker that hasn't contributed even a single point to any discussion.

There's no newsno uniforms, and no definitive date for when we'll have anything.  Plus, most of us are stuck at home with little else to do.  It's totally understandable that threads are going to devolve, and then get back on track once there's actually something to talk about.

EDIT it could be a lot worse... we could go back to the "is Anaheim a suburb" discussion again.  Now that would get annoying (since some people still don't understand why it is...) OH NO NOW I DONE DID IT

Oh no, I was just making a joke. Suggesting that Jymp had reached the breaking point due to lack of news and little else happening. Jymp went through the trouble of registering after years of lurking just to express frustration over the natural deviation of these NFL-related rebrand threads. That was the straw that broke the camel's back.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

The key is executing it properly. The Jags did an awful job. Teal/Black would be preferable and with a much larger fade than the nearly straight split between colors the Jags had.

The gradient wasn't smooth either.  A gradual fade might not have looked so bad.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

I'm sorry, I'm still hung up on the guy who registered an account just to tell everyone to get back on topic. Welcome aboard! 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

... Still waiting... 

I'll nominate these . . . Baltimore Blast (MISL) circa 1984.

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

11 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Glad SOMEONE finally said it. Many in that city appeared to had forgotten that the Rams had had almost 50 years of history in Los Angeles. Many also forgot how they treated LA when we lost the Rams. So I had NO sympathy for them.

6 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

What does this mean?

I presume that's a reference to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which chose to feature in its coverage of the move a very measured opinion piece headlined "Stop Whining, LA".

6 minutes ago, OldRamsFan said:

I know this ain't gonna happen, but I would love it if the new uniforms were based on these:

St.LouisRams1940.jpgSt.LouisRams1945.jpg

The thing is that with those throwbacks, there would be mismatching eras. If two classic franchises had a throwback game, it could work. But otherwise it would be a 50s fauxback vs the Seahawks in wolf grey.

59 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I presume that's a reference to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, which chose to feature in its coverage of the move a very measured opinion piece headlined "Stop Whining, LA".

that article seemed a little unnecessary. There’s always the other side of things when a city gains a team through relocation, but honestly, the fans don’t - and shouldn’t - care about the other side, and it’s best for everyone to just focus on what’s ahead. I wouldn’t revel in another city’s hard feelings. As a fan, I’d probably put my head in the sand and just try to pretend the team was brand new (another reason I think most (not all) teams should change their name when they move). 

Regardless, the fans had nothing to do with it, and losing a team, even in a lousy market, hurts some people hard.

it’s beyond immature to accuse another city’s fans of “stealing” a team. They had nothing to do with it, and hey - put yourself (not literally you) in your shoes - would you say “no, sorry we don’t want someone else’s team”. Of course not. You’d be like “sweet! We have NFL football!”

It’s really petty to say “I don’t feel anything for those people.”  They’re people just like anyone else, and just collateral damage. Be mad at the execs, but stop it with this fan v fan stuff. 

6 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well they chose horrible gradient colors. 

While not as good as the regular solid black helmet, I think this is a better use of gradient than the black-to-gold monstrosity. 

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (NFL BLAZE) Riddell Speed Mini Helmet ...

I'm still emotionally traumatized from the Jags terrible two tone helmet, The execution was beyond awful.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Archived