Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

White facemask would have been the worst thing they could have done.  The [tnak]Absolute Worst![/tnak].

I don't understand the "too much blue" argument - its' none more blue than the previous one, just a different shade.  If they had normal horns and not the stupid broken-up moon shape, I don't think there'd be much criticism.

As for someone's comment about "we'll get used to the horns" - no, I won't.  It's hard for me to get used to such a dramatic flaw in someone single most identifiable mark.

I agree. I like the royal blue helmet but I loathe that horn.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the horn pattern on the numbers in theory, but I really dislike the choice to use that fruit roll-up material for them.

The bone uniforms as a whole are just misguided. I like the striping but white on bone provides no contrast and there's too little blue throughout the jersey and pants. 

spacer.png

My thoughts after watching the Rams last night and getting to see the uniform in action:

- The helmet finish is beautiful. It looked really good under the lights, and I imagine it’s going to look really good in sunlight.

- I could really do without the 007-ish segmentation on the horn, but that didn’t end up bothering me as bad from a distance. It doesn’t stand out horribly, which also means it may not have been that necessary of a detail anyways.

- Pertaining to the jersey and pants, I lost the yellow/gold/sol/whatever trim on the broadcast quite often. At times it looked like the Rams were wearing plain bone jerseys and pants with no yellow at all, which looked horribly mismatched from the helmet. Getting placed in-between white and bone as trim really weakened the yellow significantly, and that’s a huge problem.

- Bone still looks like a very unappealing, dirty laundry color. They looked like they had been wearing all white uniforms, but had played in the rain all night (which was a bit boggling to see indoors). It’s a terribly dull color for a football uniform, and not at all “cool” in my eyes.

- That nametag-ish patch on the chest still looks absolutely ridiculous. 

All in all, the helmet was good. Nothing much else was, though. That set is probably a gradient horn away from a straight-up dumpster fire.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

52 minutes ago, insert name said:

This image made them look really really bad. 

Judging off that picture alone, his jersey is just tight against his pads due to double-sided tape.  Linemen have used this for years to keep their jersey tight against their pads so other linemen can't grab it.  I didn't watch the game, so maybe I'm wrong, but I don't believe this is an image of his numbers "peeling off".

7 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

- Bone still looks like a very unappealing, dirty laundry color. They looked like they had been wearing all white uniforms, but had played in the rain all night (which was a bit boggling to see indoors). It’s a terribly dull color for a football uniform, and not at all “cool” in my eyes.

If anything, the dullness of the bone jerseys may have contributed to our reactions to the brightness of the helmets. By contrast, they were like staring into the sun.

I spent a bit of time watching the game last night and asking myself, if I wasn't already aware of this unusual uniform color, would I view them as white? It was tough to answer. I think on the whole, the color is so unusual that it can come off as a dull white, a light gray or even a faint khaki. If you're brain's expecting a traditional white uniform, chances are you think it's white, albeit a sweat-stained version of it. 

I was also surprised, upon closeup shots, to see how the yellow on the shoulders stood out more than I expected. 

None of this is to say, of course, that I think it looked good. It absolutely did not. It's a silly novelty of a uniform. 

Looked light grey when I watched. Especially noticeable against The Cowboys white numbers. Back to the drawing board. 

Other matches: Stupid Pats and to a lesser extent, Eagles for wearing the white socks, 

Have we seen yet anywhere what the Chargers field is going to look like? There were the mockups in the stadium graphics, but I can't remember seeing any actual pictures.

Also, how are they switching the field between the Rams and the Chargers? They clearly aren't doing it the same way as MetLife with the Rams logo being at the 50-yard line.

IbjBaeE.png

4 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Have we seen yet anywhere what the Chargers field is going to look like? There were the mockups in the stadium graphics, but I can't remember seeing any actual pictures.

Also, how are they switching the field between the Rams and the Chargers? They clearly aren't doing it the same way as MetLife with the Rams logo being at the 50-yard line.

I was wondering this, too. The Rams logo last night looked transparent. You could see the line markers beneath it, almost as if the logo were a replaceable overlay. 

EDIT: It's also possible, I suppose, that this is what every field looks like and I've just never paid attention.

spacer.png

52 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

spacer.png

A look at the mid-field logo, at least, from their scheduled scrimmage at SoFi. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 hours ago, colortv said:

The NFL and the Rams spend years building up to this crown jewel facility, flashy franchise, glitzy market...and this basic, bland garbage is what they roll out for opening night uniforms.

It was fitting that Jerry Jones was in attendance, but fans weren't, since Jerry pushed for the LA stadium to boost TV money and create the West Coast NFL studios adjacent to the stadium, as opposed to serving the interests of actual LA-area NFL fans. I didn't think the bone jerseys looked as bad as I'd anticipated, but they would look much better if they'd just copied the blue sleeves and yellow horn stripes from the blue top. And made rest of the jerseys and pants white instead of bone. 

Archived