Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What was the logic that determined that the numbers would fade top to bottom yellow to white, but the pant stripe would fade top to bottom white to yellow?

No, I don't think spectacular is the word I would use, without tacking on 'ly bad'.

It makes a smooth blend that way; all yellow up top, fade to white, then back to yellow. I don’t think they nailed this look by any means, but flipping the pant stripe gradient would make it a lot worse, in my opinion.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers at Chargers looked nice on TV today.  i've not been a fan of Panthers in black pants but with the blue jersey and white socks it was a good combo at SoFi.

xorr4menuedvi3hzbofv.jpg

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

14 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

It makes a smooth blend that way; all yellow up top, fade to white, then back to yellow. I don’t think they nailed this look by any means, but flipping the pant stripe gradient would make it a lot worse, in my opinion.

Tough to see this uniform able to be a lot worse.

It's where I sit.

13 hours ago, pagan696 said:

Panthers at Chargers looked nice on TV today.  i've not been a fan of Panthers in black pants but with the blue jersey and white socks it was a good combo at SoFi.

xorr4menuedvi3hzbofv.jpg

One of the more unique aesthetic match-ups I can recall in the last few seasons

23 hours ago, pagan696 said:

xorr4menuedvi3hzbofv.jpg

From the neck down it looks good other than the fact the Panthers should have worn blue socks. And I also think the silver helmet throws off the color balance.

37 minutes ago, VikWings said:

From the neck down it looks good other than the fact the Panthers should have worn blue socks. And I also think the silver helmet throws off the color balance.

It's the black pants that are destroying the color balance. Silver pants are all they need.

I'm interested in how the Rams and Chargers are able to have their team logos painted at midfield but after 10 years at MetLife Stadium (and now a new turf surface this seaon) the Giants and Jets still haven't figured this out and still use the NFL shield at midfield.

52 minutes ago, OBomb said:

I'm interested in how the Rams and Chargers are able to have their team logos painted at midfield but after 10 years at MetLife Stadium (and now a new turf surface this seaon) the Giants and Jets still haven't figured this out and still use the NFL shield at midfield.

Was thinking the same thing on Sunday.

I know at MetLife the endzones and 50 yd lines were removable and interchangeable. Until Domenik Hixon tore his ACL on the seam. Then they decided to only switch out the endzones and keep the NFL shield at the 50.

Maybe Sofi Stadium has separate fields for each team like Allegiant does for the Raiders and UNLV?

On 9/27/2020 at 12:35 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

My Lord, the all blue looks like garbage. How did the Rams blow such an easy layup?

All they should have done is go back to the 80's throwbacks full time. Their new uniforms are downright awful.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:35 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

My Lord, the all blue looks like garbage. How did the Rams blow such an easy layup?

Teams just don’t want to just bring back an old logo or uniform, so they make pointless changes for changes’ sake.

We’ve seen a couple examples of this phenomenon this season.  And it’s always a bad idea. 

If they just went back and didn't make a single alteration then it would have been a cop out. You shouldn't be able to just go back to an old look without making modifications in some way. People seem to think you can just go back to an old look exact and it will immediately work out but it usually won't. The perfect example of how much reverting back to an old look idea sucks is what the Ottawa Senators did recently.

The Rams should have done what the Chargers did. That's how you honor the past and move forward. It looks like 1960 but it also looks like 2020. Perfect. Instead the Rams tried to reinvent the wheel but the wheel got caught on fire and they had to extinguish the flames before it was completely destroyed so now you have this idea that's half burnt to a crisp and half okay looking. They spent all this time working on that wheel, it was their hard work and then it was on fire. They just want to see their hard work not be wasted so now we're forced to look at it for 5 years.

bSLCtu2.png

12 hours ago, QCS said:

This is objectively wrong.

No, it's not. Please look up the word "objectively."

11 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Black and blue pants both would be great for the Panthers, not gonna lie. 

The black pants as an occasional alternative with the white jersey only would be ok, if they could solve their sock issues. The black pants with black jersey looks like it does with the Saints, Ravens, Falcons, and the four thousand college and high school teams that do it... overplayed, and about ten percent as cool as they'd like to think. The black pants with the light blue jersey would look amazing if the Panthers were an Arena 2 team but (checking my notes) they aren't. Or if the helmet wasn't silver but (double checking) it's still silver.

The Panthers best look, by a significant margin, remains the silver helmet, black jersey, silver pants. Silver over light blue over silver is a nice alternate home, once a season. On the road, mix in dark pants if it makes the rookies get all quivery, I guess. The white pants are totally useless as long as the helmets stay silver.

If they want to go all crazy combos, they need a different color helmet. Although, honestly, they do not need another color helmet.

Archived