NFL 2020

FormerLurker

4 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Ad patches aren’t that bad. It’s not going to be full blown soccer. They’re ok in the NBA. CFL has had adds for years and it looks fine. They retail jerseys aren’t going to be sold with ads 

No ads are bad, they are bad in every example you stated and stick out like sore thumbs, and you should feel bad for suggesting such a travesty. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, the admiral said:

Right, the joke relies on taking the Crying Game scene to absurdity and that the idea that then-notable actress Sean Young could possibly be a man is also absurd. This one's a dead end, sorry!

the joke is that accidentally kissing a man is so disgusting that Ace would rather suck on a used toilet plunger to clean his tongue afterwards. And it presumes that of course the audiences agrees with him. 

High-larious. 

7 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

Ad patches aren’t that bad. It’s not going to be full blown soccer. They’re ok in the NBA. CFL has had adds for years and it looks fine. They retail jerseys aren’t going to be sold with ads 

Why do you think the retail jerseys wouldn’t ever have ads?

I'm hoping the Falcons go black-on-white today at home. Only three home games left, including today, and they still have not worn that combo which is the best in their set. Throwbacks next week. Also, I am curious if they will ever trot out the red pants, which looked awful in the reveal

9 hours ago, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I see CFL and NBA fans wearing jerseys with ads in them all the time

5 minutes ago, henburg said:

That's interesting, because no NBA teams sell jerseys with ads on them. Those could be knock-offs though-

Polish_20200830_113754122_large.jpg?v=15

They sell retail versions with ads at official team stores at the arenas. 

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Soccer jerseys really just make my blood boil. I want to watch Seattle FC or Real Madrid, not Zulilly or Fly Emirates. Plus, if i'm ever in a position where I have to resort to watching a sport as boring as soccer, the least I could get is a nice uniform.

I really wish that soccer jerseys could have evolved to have larger chest logos like hockey, rather than badges, leading to all that open space which is now used for advertising...

That also makes me think of those few wacky football jerseys that had the logos on the front, and front numbers. Was that the CFL?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

13 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

I really wish that soccer jerseys could have evolved to have larger chest logos like hockey, rather than badges, leading to all that open space which is now used for advertising...

That also makes me think of those few wacky football jerseys that had the logos on the front, and front numbers. Was that the CFL?

That was NFL Europe/WLAF.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

the user formerly known as cdclt

While the CFL jerseys would look better without the ads, I don't even really notice them anymore (same with the NBA honestly). There are some more egregious jersey fouls in the CFL than the ads.

lions-stamps-new.jpg

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I see CFL and NBA fans wearing jerseys with ads in them all the time

I have never seen a CFL jersey sold with ad patches on them. The only jerseys with ads sold to the public are gameworns.

The NBA only sells the jerseys with ad patches on them at the arena team stores.

IbjBaeE.png

Archived