NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The weird thing about those side panels were that they were specifically designed to accomodate a set of white pants that the Rams only ended up wearing once - in the 2001 preseason against the Chargers:

spacer.png

I can only assume they were removed because the team decided that those pants were never coming out of mothballs again, so no use keeping the matching jersey stripes either.

Had no idea those pants ever existed.

fiowXOD.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJD7 said:

For me, I don’t really love or hate the Broncos’ current uniforms, they are kind of the definition of average to me. I actually really like the number font, and I find the logo and side panels at least serviceable. The decision to go with an orange primary home jersey was a good one.

However, I think they could look really nice if they went back to the lighter blue, implemented a modernized “D” logo, and used a sleeve cap and striping design sort of like the 60’s Broncos:

D6hcNfj.jpg

The Nike shoulder cut would undermine the design of those shoulders. However, they can(and should)use this shade of blue with these jerseys, and make a white version

spacer.png

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Nike shoulder cut would undermine the design of those shoulders. However, they can(and should)use this shade of blue with these jerseys, and make a white version

[image redacted]

I feel like if anything the Nike template would actually compliment that design quite well, but I guess there’s no way to know unless they actually tried it.

However, I would be fine with the stripe design you posted, as well. I just find it to be less unique than the 60’s shoulder caps.

8 minutes ago, NormMacdonald said:

What does that even mean? There's hundreds of colleges that range from Alabama to Oregon to small D3 schools with no coherent branding so "college uniform" is a little broad

In the typical derogatory sense people have used for years, I don't know. Mono-colored, generic striping, helmet looks out of place as if it wasn't considered when designing the jersey and pants, overall plain design that was likely put together by uninspired team reps and a nike group who couldn't care less. The uniform does not embody the Broncos in any way. 

What level of football would you think this team was from if you couldn't see the helmet decals?

537294157_750x422.png

Question about Denver's old helmets: were they always the same shade of blue?  I feel like that was such a unique color.  Personally I'd be ok with them keeping their jersey template and logo but swapping navy for that light-royal blue.  I feel like it wasn't quite baby blue or royal. 

(I'm going to use this an excuse to post two other beauty unis to show how Denver's helmets fell in the middle)

Simon Fletcher and Karl Mecklenburg

Gaston Green

TruColor says that the Broncos' colors were Burnt Orange and Academy Blue, which does fall between powder and royal. It's a great shade of blue as well, a serious shame they don't use it anymore.

the user formerly known as cdclt

I love the classic helmet as much as the next guy, but the Broncos need to keep Navy. Contrasts much better with the orange. Color Rush is a good start. Slap on some white pants and a bit more creativity with the sleeves and font, and you've got a top 10 or 5 look.

fiowXOD.png

1 hour ago, QCS said:

TruColor says that the Broncos' colors were Burnt Orange and Academy Blue, which does fall between powder and royal. It's a great shade of blue as well, a serious shame they don't use it anymore.

Color names don't mean anything. Forum Blue is Purple, for example.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I love the classic helmet as much as the next guy, but the Broncos need to keep Navy. Contrasts much better with the orange. Color Rush is a good start. Slap on some white pants and a bit more creativity with the sleeves and font, and you've got a top 10 or 5 look.

You've got it backwards actually. The block font and simple stripings are nice, they need to drop navy for a more unique shade of blue, similar to their old uniforms. Slap the current logo on the helmet and add some white pants at home and orange on the road and it looks great. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Translation: It's non-modern and monochrome.

That's just silly, because modern college uniforms now follow the Oregon template: throw everything into a blender and add as much crap as possible. By contrast, NFL uniforms generally look professional, which is what you want from a professional league.

2 hours ago, JustForFun said:

That's just silly, because modern college uniforms now follow the Oregon template: throw everything into a blender and add as much crap as possible. By contrast, NFL uniforms generally look professional, which is what you want from a professional league.

The definition of "professional" sure has changed a lot in the last 20 years.

I certainly don't think that "professional" has to equal "boring", but if you look at the league since 2019 (when in addition to current ass clowns like the Titans, Cardinals, Falcons, and Rams, you also had the alarm-clock Bucs and complete trash Browns) it's hardly "generally professional".  I'm sure there's teams I've missed too - and I didn't even count borderline teams like the Broncos and Lions, and didn't go back enough to bring up the Jags gradient-helmet set.

The NFL and its teams have done as much as possible to chip away at professionalism - starting in the late '90s, but then even more in the past 10-20 years.  

The only advantage that the NFL has over college in terms of professionalism is the consistency created by the 5-year rule.

EDIT: I didn't even mention how "professional" players do everything they can to look like amateur clowns by wearing oversized undershirts under their untucked jerseys, and their socks every which way other than proper.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

We’re sitting here debating which uniform has the best side panels like it’s the early 2000s. Oof.

(it’s Cincy btw)

In regards to the Broncos uniform, I like the old “D” logo, but it just doesn’t work well on a helmet. I strongly dislike letter logos that can’t face the same way on the helmet (see Baltimore). Their color rush is without a doubt superior to the current set, too. I’d be interested to see how the CR helmet would look with the current logo.

13 hours ago, _RH_ said:

Question about Denver's old helmets: were they always the same shade of blue?  I feel like that was such a unique color.  Personally I'd be ok with them keeping their jersey template and logo but swapping navy for that light-royal blue.  I feel like it wasn't quite baby blue or royal. 

(I'm going to use this an excuse to post two other beauty unis to show how Denver's helmets fell in the middle)

Simon Fletcher and Karl Mecklenburg

Gaston Green

They weren't a solid royal, they were always a little bit powder/sky/light blue. Although some pictures from the 70s sure seem like they are darker blue. 

Remembering the 1977 Broncos and the Orange Crush Defense! - The Grueling  Truth

Due to limited helmet colors back in the day, I've always thought they were the same color as Ole Miss's helmets, but the shades look different due to the contrast of the secondary colors.

Ole Miss Rebels Gallery - 1994 | Trading Card Database

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Unless the Broncos fans are clamoring for a return to that shade of blue, I think the navy works better for them.

Give them something like the Texans uniforms but in orange with navy shoulder things, and a navy helmet with either the current or old logo on it, and they're good.  They look contemporary and classy, which despite Nike's best efforts aren't mutually exclusive.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 12/1/2020 at 6:25 PM, WSU151 said:

The thing I hate about the Broncos helmet is the navy blue outline/keyline(?) around the logo. It really looks bad on a navy helmet. The decal should just be clear with orange and white coloring. Let the helmet's base color do the job instead of creating a metallic/vinyl mismatch. 

NFLPA advises against players working out together on their own | 9news.com

I grew up with the  80s/early90s look, and it'll always be my favorite for them, but the current unis are pretty good, and definitely not in the bottom tier. The navy jerseys always look better in cold weather games...that'd be my one rule...save that alternate for a late-season home game.  

I absolutely hate everything about the Broncos uniforms. The logo, the striping, the colors...awful. I hated those uniforms when they were unveiled in 1997 and hate them even more now.

The Broncos, Eagles, Falcons and Dolphins badly need to switch to throwbacks on a permanent basis. As someone else pointed out, I doubt the Broncos ever change due to winning Super Bowls with that dragon/robo horse logo.

Archived