NFL 2020

FormerLurker

4 hours ago, Echo said:

And also, where did they get access to a time machine so they could "copy" the uniform of a team that wouldn't even exist for 10 years after they designed those uniforms?

Montréal was wearing these in 2001, which is what I’m assuming Buc is referring to:

spacer.png

spacer.png

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Montréal was wearing these in 2001, which is what I’m assuming Buc is referring to:

Ah. I see. I'm not very familiar with CFL history. I saw a gap in the uniform history for the early 2000s on the Alouettes' page and assumed that represented one of the times they had suspended operations. 

The Bills are a perfect example of a grey facemask needlessly dragging a look down for the sake of nostalgia. The white facemasks complete their look and just make it cleaner. They need to adopt these full time and the Colts should follow their lead too.

bsc9iawufpilpvm4iobq.jpg

spacer.png

Disagree.  While I'm not a "gray mask FOR EVERYONE" guy, I'm also not a "team MUST have gray/silver in their scheme to justify the gray mask" either.  

I think the gray mask adds a little... I dunno... something to the look.  Maybe it's just an old-school touch, or maybe it's just because to me there's too much white without it.  

I wouldn't mind seeing what the helmet looks like with other color masks (blue or red) but I can't imagine one being better than gray.

FWIW, the Browns should also go back to gray immediately.  I also wouldn't mind seeing what the Bears would look like in gray (in modern helmets/uniforms, not just by looking at old photos.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don’t like matching face masks on lighter colored helmet shells. I feel it just becomes too much and you need to break up the color some. With darker shells I don’t mind it because it all blends together. That is why I prefer grey face masks for the bills.

Personally, I’ve always been a "team must have gray/silver in their scheme to justify the gray mask" person, but I think the 49ers recently have become an exception to that rule for me. Gold wouldn’t really work for them, and red and white would each be too bright. Gray is the perfect neutral color to balance it out, much like it is for USC.

3 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Bills should have white face masks, but that's because their helmets should be red.

Brown face masks are by far the best ones for Cleveland, and I'm ready to die on this hill.

Agree with this 100%.

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Disagree.  While I'm not a "gray mask FOR EVERYONE" guy, I'm also not a "team MUST have gray/silver in their scheme to justify the gray mask" either.  

I think the gray mask adds a little... I dunno... something to the look.  Maybe it's just an old-school touch, or maybe it's just because to me there's too much white without it.  

I wouldn't mind seeing what the helmet looks like with other color masks (blue or red) but I can't imagine one being better than gray.

FWIW, the Browns should also go back to gray immediately.  I also wouldn't mind seeing what the Bears would look like in gray (in modern helmets/uniforms, not just by looking at old photos.)

I 100% agree on the Bears. I'd love to see that look. I think they're one of the old guard franchises that could pull it off.

I really didn't care for the white Bills face masks. I don't mind gray, but with white helmet, I'm with @Echo: I'm all in on the blue. It completes the visual callback to the Joe Cribbs/Joe Ferguson era, which was a beautiful set. 

1 hour ago, _J_ said:

The white yesterday didnt look awful for the Bills, but it does with the blue jerseys.

If there was a better alternative, i'd be for it but I'm not sure grey isnt the best choice.

There is a better choice; it’s blue. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

IIRC the original plan for that uniform was to have only an all navy for home and only all white for the road. It was (then player) John Elway's reluctance that added the navy over white option. That's how they ended up with two white pants options, which back then was kind of odd.

Nike's insidious plan to turn the entire NFL into a monochrome nightmare began 25 years ago.

I don't think I've ever taken a public stance on the Bills' facemask debate as I have with the Browns (grey).

I'll say I agree with the sentiment that the facemask should be white with a RED helmet. On a white helmet, however, a white mask doesn't work well with their current unis unless they go mono-white and even then its a bit much. I'll say I'm team grey with a slight edge over blue. But the biggest thing wrong with the Bills unis is not their facemask or the color of their helmet shell, it's their insistent use of navy as an accent color.

Regarding the side panel discussion, I really don't understand why some teams think it's still "cool"........

EoVAixKUcAEbtb1?format=jpg&name=medium

EoUpq-uWEAkMShw.jpeg

fiowXOD.png

45 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I don't think I've ever taken a public stance on the Bills' facemask debate as I have with the Browns (grey).

I'll say I agree with the sentiment that the facemask should be white with a RED helmet. On a white helmet, however, a white mask doesn't work well with their current unis unless they go mono-white and even then its a bit much. I'll say I'm team grey with a slight edge over blue. But the biggest thing wrong with the Bills unis is not their facemask or the color of their helmet shell, it's their insistent use of navy as an accent color.

Regarding the side panel discussion, I really don't understand why some teams think it's still "cool"........

EoVAixKUcAEbtb1?format=jpg&name=medium

EoUpq-uWEAkMShw.jpeg

Since it's Champion making these, I think it's a case of showing off what they can do with sublimation. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Personally, I’ve always been a "team must have gray/silver in their scheme to justify the gray mask" person, but I think the 49ers recently have become an exception to that rule for me. Gold wouldn’t really work for them, and red and white would each be too bright. Gray is the perfect neutral color to balance it out, much like it is for USC.

Agree with this 100%.

Idk, I quite liked the red facemasks the 49ers used in their previous set:

A 49ers Special: Fantasy vs. Reality – The Macho Sports Report

Granted, the red they were using at the time was a fair bit darker than the scarlet they use now.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:20 AM, joekono said:

I'll never forgive the Broncos for starting this s$%t!!!

New uniforms for a new era – Denver Broncos History

Geez... they look terrible here, especially on... is that Harold Hasselbach?  I think these uniforms actually aged really well on the newer templates, though.  Navy is definitely the worst look.  I wouldn't be opposed to them going to something like the color rush but the current uniforms are still fine to me.  One thing I hope they do is keep the current numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived