NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

The participants in those focus groups should be committed.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I mean I could see why some people would like the Falcons gradient look even if it's not for me (or most of us in here) but I can't think of anyone who thinks the Lions gray uniforms are good, especially when it's a different shade of gray compared to the helmet and the gray pants they wear with the home and away jerseys. 

• Like 8

Just now, GoHawks said:

I mean I could see why some people would like the Falcons gradient look even if it's not for me (or most of us in here) but I can't think of anyone who thinks the Lions gray uniforms are good, especially when it's a different shade of gray compared to the helmet and the gray pants they wear with the home and away jerseys. 

I’m sure if my eyes deceive me, but I think Detroit has three different shades of grey pants

spacer.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

I’m sure if my eyes deceive me, but I think Detroit has three different shades of grey pants

spacer.png

There's a Detroit Lions of Dallas joke in there somewhere.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

There's a Detroit Lions of Dallas joke in there somewhere.

If only the Cowboys could be this consistent with their blues and silvers, honestly.

Instead, we get three uniforms that don’t match, one of which is their best and rarely gets taken out of the closet, two shades of blue, unnecessary inclusion of black, vaguely green pants (prior to 2020). Am I missing anything?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe the Cowboys should take a few pointers from Detroit

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Wait, white over silver isn’t Detroit’s standard home uniform? Was it white over blue before their most recent change too?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Wait, white over silver isn’t Detroit’s standard home uniform? Was it white over blue before their most recent change too?

The Lions have been all over the place in regards to their road uniform combinations.  I believe when the current uniform debuted, the intention was for the white jersey to be exclusively worn with the blue pants. In 2017, that was the only white jersey combo they wore, white over blue. But in 2017, there was an about face, and they went white over gray more often than white over blue. In 2019, it was pretty evenly split, and then last year the white over blue once again became the prevalent (although not exclusive) road uniform combination.

The Lions ability to rearrange a handful of choices into so many different looks is really indicative of the problem of the NFL's current uniform policies. The Lions have four jerseys and four pairs of pants. As a rule, so far they've  only paired the color rush jersey with the color rush pants and the throwback jersey with the throwback pants, but they will happily mix the primary pants and jerseys in multiple combinations. That gives them six different looks. As per current rules, they are allowed to wear the color rush jersey or pants with anything else in their closet, if they so choose. Let's say to mix things up, they wear the blue pants or the silver pants with the dark gray jersey (which honestly, anything would look better than that ghastly all gray getup), or the dark gray pants with the white jersey... now we're up to 10 separate uniforms, for a 17 game schedule.  AND here come the alternate helmets! I mean, there's nothing I can do about it so I'm not going lose any sleep over it, but don't try and tell me that it isn't going to look like complete garbage. After all, the NBA has 72 games, plus what feels like another 172 (I'm just estimating) in the post season, and that league looks like total garbage.  How is it going to work with 17 games?  Oh, that's right... poorly.

• Like 4
  • Huh? 1

52 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The Lions ability to rearrange a handful of choices into so many different looks is really indicative of the problem of the NFL's current uniform policies. The Lions have four jerseys and four pairs of pants. As a rule, so far they've  only paired the color rush jersey with the color rush pants and the throwback jersey with the throwback pants, but they will happily mix the primary pants and jerseys in multiple combinations. That gives them six different looks. As per current rules, they are allowed to wear the color rush jersey or pants with anything else in their closet, if they so choose. Let's say to mix things up, they wear the blue pants or the silver pants with the dark gray jersey (which honestly, anything would look better than that ghastly all gray getup), or the dark gray pants with the white jersey... now we're up to 10 separate uniforms, for a 17 game schedule.  AND here come the alternate helmets! I mean, there's nothing I can do about it so I'm not going lose any sleep over it, but don't try and tell me that it isn't going to look like complete garbage. After all, the NBA has 72 games, plus what feels like another 172 (I'm just estimating) in the post season, and that league looks like total garbage.  How is it going to work with 17 games?  Oh, that's right... poorly.

I get where you're coming from, but using the Lions is a horrible example. They would never mix the color rush or the throwbacks with the other looks, because it doesn't fit. There is nothing wrong with mixing and matching your two normal pairs of pants just to mix it up on the road a little

• Like 12

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

On 6/25/2021 at 11:33 AM, VDizzle12 said:

Definitely the 1960? Raiders. Looks like they wore black helmets for their first few seasons. They just don't look right in black and gold.

EredF6VXUAQvK2A.jpg

Unpopular opinion alert: I’m all for the full-name-on-back of jerseys. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

55 minutes ago, MNtwins3 said:

I get where you're coming from, but using the Lions is a horrible example. They would never mix the color rush or the throwbacks with the other looks, because it doesn't fit. There is nothing wrong with mixing and matching your two normal pairs of pants just to mix it up on the road a little

If anything I'd be against locking them into a single potentially bad combo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chakfu said:

If anything I'd be against locking them into a single potentially bad combo.

I completely agree. For example, The Browns look very mediocre in their primary away white jersey/brown pants, but look great in white or orange pants. Switching between Jersey/Pant combinations help teams like the Chiefs, Bucs, Browns, Giants, WFT, etc, (who seldom wear alternate uniforms) keep their identities fresh, without sacrificing much of their branding.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

Unpopular opinion alert: I’m all for the full-name-on-back of jerseys. 

good thing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and BenJarvus Green-Ellis have retired already, it would be a nightmare fitting that on the nameplate

• Like 3

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

15 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I like the Falcons gradient sets (and am disappointed that never wore that white shirt/red pants combo), but as you say, don't like the all grey Lions at all.

The Lions haven't looked good since Barry Sanders. The Bills reverted to their classic combo (well, kinda) and were rewarded by being a franchise with direction. The Bucs did the same and won a title.

Time for the Lions to come home and be the traditional team we all know they can and should be. Nothing since the Matt Millen days has worked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

good thing Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and BenJarvus Green-Ellis have retired already, it would be a nightmare fitting that on the nameplate

Or ol' boy down in New Orleans, the Gardner-Johnson kid.

This seems to be a time to revisit the fun times of FNOB in the NFL.   It was really prevalent in the early 2000s.  Just a few examples:

Tank-Johnson-Chicago-Bears.jpg

gettyimages-161006049_master.jpg?w=700

93d134392a94eec5646a1470cc0894ec.jpg

41fmleO2EtL._AC_.jpg

There were a few others: Aaron Brooks went FNOB for preseason once; Maurice Johnson of the Jaguars, Rudi Johnson of the Bengals, and I D.J. Williams of the Broncos also went FNOB for a while.

(Tangentially related: I still wish Kaipo-Noa Kaheaku-Enhada would've made it to the NFL, if for no better reason than to hear the radio announcers and color commentators stammer over themselves trying to pronounce that name each time he dropped back...but we did had Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala running the rock for a short while, so there was that, at least.)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

I completely agree. For example, The Browns look very mediocre in their primary away white jersey/brown pants, but look great in white or orange pants. Switching between Jersey/Pant combinations help teams like the Chiefs, Bucs, Browns, Giants, WFT, etc, (who seldom wear alternate uniforms) keep their identities fresh, without sacrificing much of their branding.

I happen to think the Browns new away combo of white jersey with striped brown pants are the best look of the possible 3. With the orange pants being a close second.

• Like 4

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

On 6/25/2021 at 5:22 PM, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

A purple team doing purple things isn’t encroaching on anything. It’s like saying the Patriots can’t ever do a Pat Patriot helmet again because the Bills currently use a white helmet full time.

That example is a bit of a stretch. There's a half dozen teams or so with a history of white helmets, so it's not something Buffalo owns. Plus the Pats have a history of wearing white helmets, whereas the Ravens have never worn anything other than black.

Minnesota is the only team in the history of the league to wear a purple helmet, and they happen to use gold as a secondary colour. Even though one uses athletic gold & the other uses metallic gold, the black is the main thing differentiating the Ravens. Just look at these two pictures & try to tell me a purple helmet wouldn't look a little too close to Minnesota.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

That example is a bit of a stretch. There's a half dozen teams or so with a history of white helmets, so it's not something Buffalo owns. Plus the Pats have a history of wearing white helmets, whereas the Ravens have never worn anything other than black.

Minnesota is the only team in the history of the league to wear a purple helmet, and they happen to use gold as a secondary colour. Even though one uses athletic gold & the other uses metallic gold, the black is the main thing differentiating the Ravens. Just look at these two pictures & try to tell me a purple helmet wouldn't look a little too close to Minnesota.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Okay then so it’s simple. Give the Ravens a purple alt helmet and Minnesota a black alt helmet.

Seriously though, what do you suggest the Ravens do in the event of the team deciding they want a second helmet? Purple is the most logical, white is a stretch and no chance in hell they do gold after the fiasco involving gold pants a few years ago. Unless they decide to scrap their color rush and unveiled a grey/anthracite/silver alternate uniform, I don’t see that as an option either.

Saying a team can’t do a certain color helmet because another team shares a similar color scheme is a poor excuse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I could see the Ravens doing a color-shifting black and purple chrome helmet, mimicking the bird’s iridescent wings. Would solve the Vikings dilemma given the finish of their helmets, too. 

Member Brandon Moore did a fantastic job with that-

spacer.png

https://www.behance.net/gallery/95979231/Baltimore-Ravens-Re-Brand-Concept

• Like 9