NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

There's nothing funnier than the draft fan reaction shots where they're jumping up and down all excited when they have no idea who the drafted player as.  I'm so sure that the Rams fan screaming her head off had any idea who Tutu Atwell was.  Nor did I quite frankly.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just wondering... these fans they're bring up to sit on stage in that easy chair...

What do you suppose is the average weight?

IDK but with the possible exception of the Macho Man guy, they all look ridiculous.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Crabcake said:

I’m still slightly bitter that People Who Tried To Outpizza the Hut didn’t make more of a run. 

Those people knew the risks going in. To borrow a phrase....The GTOV is a cruel and shallow money trench, a large and unforgiving arena where Bears whacked on cocaine and turkey f***ers run free. It's a place where friendly Thunder Bay rams and Baby Yoda die like dogs. There's also a downside.

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Just wondering... these fans they're bring up to sit on stage in that easy chair...

A metric :censored: ton is my guess.

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Was Drew Pearson paid by the word? Get up, annoy Eagles/Giants/32 fans, announce pick and get off stage. I was waiting for Oscars "Wrap it up" music.

He does the same shtick every year. Says basically the same thing even when one of those teams just won a SB meanwhile the cowboys haven’t sniffed one in over 2 decades.

26 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I would like to believe that chair acts as a discrete weight scale... and it gets disinfected after every use. 

I saw, I came, I left.

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

So the Bucs took Kyle Trask to sit behind Tommy for at least two years.

Best situation he could have ended up in. Doesn't get thrown into anything too soon and gets to sit behind the GOAT who had a very similar draft profile. 

IUe6Hvh.png

5 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Not surprised. In my last mock for Football's Future, I almost had Mac Jones go to them at 32 right before the SF rumors heated up earlier this week.

7 hours ago, schlim said:

Kansas City is the Paris of the Plains, Toledo better be careful.

From the first, drove through the 2nd on my out of Michigan going to DC and then going to New York (long story). I can't believe Michigan almost went to war with Ohio over that sinkhole. 

As for the first? When I thought living downtown was a great idea, its more a gentrification/tax writeoff scam to attract trust fund kids to a place that is still quite rough even with the shiny coat of paint. Somehow it's actually working and the city itself has almost half a million people now. Go figure, all you have to do is be better ran than St. Louis. 

6 hours ago, DnBronc said:

Not surprised. In my last mock for Football's Future, I almost had Mac Jones go to them at 32 right before the SF rumors heated up earlier this week.

You’re insane for thinking any of the top 5 qb’s would go that low. Heck Mac going at 15 was realistically the lowest any of those qbs would have went.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

I can't believe Michigan almost went to war with Ohio over that sinkhole. 

That's rich coming from a guy who lived in Kansas City. Kansas City? Really? Forget Paris, Kansas City would be thrilled to be the East Rutherford, NJ of the Midwest. Michigan was ready to go to war with Ohio to keep Toledo. Missouri offered Kansas City to Kansas for free and Kansas said "No thanks, we're don't want an eyesore screwing up the look of our miles and miles of nothingness."

By my estimation, you drove through my hometown on I-75. You basically saw nothing but the industrial part of our fine city. Based on those eight miles, you decide the entire city is a sinkhole. Frankly, I am offended. I think you owe me and my fellow Toledoans an apology.

inline_image_preview.jpg

BB52Big.jpg

10 hours ago, schlim said:

Kansas City is the Paris of the Plains, Toledo better be careful.

Because we are a benevolent other Paris, Toledo will allow you to be the Paris of the Plains.

BB52Big.jpg

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

As it should be...and should be more often, but unfortunately, patience is a [lost] virtue in the NFL. Now, obviously, much depends on how much mentoring Tom Brady is capable of doing (and/or if he even wants to do so), but, @See Red said, that's the best situation he could have ended up in.  Smart teams figure this out...the Packers figured it out twice, first with Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre and now Jordan Love behind Aaron Rodgers; the Chiefs figured it out with Pat Mahomes behind Alex Smith, and now this.  Plus, dude was really good with the Gators (can't believe I'm complimenting them "swamp thangs", but truth is truth at the end of the day 😄), and plus, that's a smart move for the sake of local fandom.  (Tony Dungy used to do that a lot when he was coach there: draft players from one of the Florida schools.)  I think Kyle Trask will have a good shot when his turn comes up.

3 hours ago, Red Comet said:

From the first, drove through the 2nd on my out of Michigan going to DC and then going to New York (long story). I can't believe Michigan almost went to war with Ohio over that sinkhole. 

As for the first? When I thought living downtown was a great idea, its more a gentrification/tax writeoff scam to attract trust fund kids to a place that is still quite rough even with the shiny coat of paint. Somehow it's actually working and the city itself has almost half a million people now. Go figure, all you have to do is be better ran than St. Louis. 

I mean, I ain't got no trust fund, and I sho' ain't no kid no more, and yet I was attracted to downtown KC when I was down there two days ago taking in the first round of the draft.  Then again, I've also spent much of the past two years running in and out of KC, so that plus knowing a few folk from KC over the years has endeared the place to me somewhat.  But yes, it's definitely still rough around the edges.

22 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

That's rich coming from a guy who lived in Kansas City. Kansas City? Really? Forget Paris, Kansas City would be thrilled to be the East Rutherford, NJ of the Midwest. Michigan was ready to go to war with Ohio to keep Toledo. Missouri offered Kansas City to Kansas for free and Kansas said "No thanks, we're don't want an eyesore screwing up the look of our miles and miles of nothingness."

Truer words--well, once you get west of Lawrence--ain't never been said.  Good gosh is driving across Kansas a headache--well actually, traveling the turnpike toward and past WIchita is marginally better, due to the rolling plains and wide-open skies.  Plus it ain't as long.  Going west past Topeka and especially Salina, though?  You might as well cancel Christmas--ain't JACK out there.  JACK.

22 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

By my estimation, you drove through my hometown on I-75. You basically saw nothing but the industrial part of our fine city. Based on those eight miles, you decide the entire city is a sinkhole. Frankly, I am offended. I think you owe me and my fellow Toledoans an apology.

inline_image_preview.jpg

Umm, see like, because um...I used to go in and out of Toledo quite often back in the day.  It's a lot like most rust belt cities--yes it has its grit and whatnot, but Frogtown also has its jewels.  People just gotta get in there and find them--I personally have long thought it as a small-scale version of Cleveland that way.  Plus, you guys gave us Lyfe Jennings, so that's a win right there.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived