Cincinnati Bengals New Uniforms

Jezus_Ghoti

Just now, WSU151 said:

Could it have to do with the many different models of helmets? 

I'm sure that has something to do with it. But that's a problem in an of itself. I'd think the objective would be to find a way to make the logo work as intended regardless of the helmet style. Theoretically, this should be hardest for teams like the Bengals, but that team doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The white helmets are Riddell Lunar Eclipse helmets, the black helmets are Riddell Eclipse helmets, and the orange helmets are the regulars. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Also the stack of old Ochocinco jerseys would indicate that this clip is many years old.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 3/19/2021 at 7:24 AM, Gothamite said:

That's an interesting thought.  The Packers' yoke does:

usatsi_9635355-e1510895226401.jpg?w=1000

But is that an essential element of the yoke?  Is it even standard?  I don't know that enough NFL clubs have ever worn yokes with names for us to establish a real precedent.

Yokes are much more common in hockey, and there it seems standard for it to end above the nameplate.

nhl-dallas-stars-at-new-jersey-devils-3acut.jpg

So if we're going to use that as a guide, yokes don't necessarily have to cover nameplates.  Personally, I think the Packers would have benefitted from a narrower yoke like the Titans wore.  And when they inevitably bring back the 1940s throwbacks, I hope they take the opportunity to make that one change.

I grew up with the Hurricanes' godawful yoke that did include the nameplate, so that's what first comes to my mind when the word comes up. After seeing these pictures, you've convinced me a yoke doesn't need to. But I still don't think the Titans had a yoke for some reason.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

On 3/25/2021 at 9:12 PM, throwuascenario said:

I grew up with the Hurricanes' godawful yoke that did include the nameplate, so that's what first comes to my mind when the word comes up. After seeing these pictures, you've convinced me a yoke doesn't need to. But I still don't think the Titans had a yoke for some reason.

Grew up? I mean I guess it was around for almost 6 years... Yikes that makes me feel old...

And that’s definitely an exception rather than a standard in hockey. Most shoulder yokes don’t reach down to include the nameplates. There’s very few in the NHL’s history, with most being sleeve-length yokes that include the nameplate.

And personally I didn’t mind the nameplate-in-the-yoke road jersey for the Canes. That design was far from the worst thing about that look. The sheer blandness of the look was the real crime. It’s not like the Canes have been around for a long time to justify it. It was just boring. The home was worse during that era by comparison, but the road was still lacking some edge to it. Even now the current road is a little off. The striping pattern just isn’t bold enough for me, and the “CANES” wordmark was also a poor choice. That would fit better for an alternate jersey, rather than the main road. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

On 3/24/2021 at 10:26 AM, WSU151 said:

The white helmets are Riddell Lunar Eclipse helmets, the black helmets are Riddell Eclipse helmets, and the orange helmets are the regulars. 

In my opinion, the only Bengals helmets in that clip that are remotely aesthetically appealing are the orange "regulars". 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:59 PM, chcarlson23 said:

Grew up? I mean I guess it was around for almost 6 years... Yikes that makes me feel old...

And that’s definitely an exception rather than a standard in hockey. Most shoulder yokes don’t reach down to include the nameplates. There’s very few in the NHL’s history, with most being sleeve-length yokes that include the nameplate.

And personally I didn’t mind the nameplate-in-the-yoke road jersey for the Canes. That design was far from the worst thing about that look. The sheer blandness of the look was the real crime. It’s not like the Canes have been around for a long time to justify it. It was just boring. The home was worse during that era by comparison, but the road was still lacking some edge to it. Even now the current road is a little off. The striping pattern just isn’t bold enough for me, and the “CANES” wordmark was also a poor choice. That would fit better for an alternate jersey, rather than the main road. 

I was maybe 13 when they started using the yoke and 20 when they stopped? Something like that. They just seemed so prevalent to me, obviously due to the fact that 99% of NHL games I watch include the Canes. And yeah, I hated that jersey (the worst thing, in my opinion was black numbers instead of red) and don't like the new one either, although it was an improvement. They had no reason to ever switch from their original uniforms. Their current homes look good but don't quite get there.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

10 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Wearing sweatpants is a bold choice. Might help for cold winter games though.

S0qXTno.jpg

Those Chuck Taylors won't be good for traction especially during rainy/snowy games

44 minutes ago, walkerws said:

I don’t know if this is a leak or not. It was on fanatics

https://imgur.com/gallery/weCJZwZ

It's a lifestyle brand and not Nike so I wouldn't put too much thought into it. 

https://www.fanatics.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cincinnati-bengals-x-blackowned-stripes-dont-come-easy-fleece-jogger-set-orange/o-2494+t-58265715+p-26236176798+z-9-1655282939?_ref=p-TLP:m-GRID:i-r7c0:po-21

Cincinnati Bengals x BlaCkOWned Stripes Don't Come Easy Satin Full-Snap Team Jacket - Cream

Cincinnati Bengals x BlaCkOWned Stripes Don't Come Easy Pullover Hoodie - Cream

Each item has a different stripe pattern on it. And this was a collaboration from last season.

https://blackowned19xx.com/collections/stripes-dont-come-easy

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If that design is actually what we should expect, I like it. It translates from the shoulder well enough, and it keeps the simplified look of the jersey without being too gaudy. Like the jerseys, I'm curious to see how the stripes look on a white background, but it shouldn't look too weird even if it ends up being black on white. Still waiting to see when anything official about a release date gets announced, usually early to mid April seems to be typical uniform release season.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Archived