NFL 2022 Changes

simtek34

Nothing productive to add, but I just wanna get out ahead of the haters and say that I LOVE when someone posts a bunch of pics of football uniforms in one post on here. I just like looking at them cause duh its my obsession (*our* obsession??) and never understood the grumps who shoot down the occurrence as if its clogging the thread or something. Like they dont appreciate the opportunity just to gaze for a sec. Quoted posts collapse now so its not like thats an issue anymore. I just like looking at these stupid clothes.

• Like 12
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Let 'em ride then!

I guess if there's one certifiable improvement in the Nike joints over the previous jerseys, it's that the sleeve caps can indeed accommodate the stripes. I guess I just ain't paid much attention since none of the teams I see/follow most have any (Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa, and Minnesota.)

• Like 1
  • Huh? 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 4/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, tBBP said:

Let 'em ride then!

I guess if there's one certifiable improvement in the Nike joints over the previous jerseys, it's that the sleeve caps can indeed accommodate the stripes. I guess I just ain't paid much attention since none of the teams I see/follow most have any (Jacksonville, Tennessee, Tampa, and Minnesota.)

There's gotta be a story to why you follow those specific teams

• Like 1

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

A great improvement for the 49ers. It probably annoys Nike to no end to have those three stripes on the sleeves lol. 

I wonder if at some point they’ll use gold facemasks (a la the UCLA helmet update) but clearly not yet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Changing to two stripes in the first place was such a weird thing. It seemed like it was done because they weren't fitting the three stripes onto the sleeves properly and instead of just making a slight alteration to that, they just threw one of them in the garbage, which is super strange. Also glad to see a return to the saloon mark. Small but good changes all around.

56 minutes ago, Volt said:

So simple, so easy, so good. 

It's amazing that they can create this, yet we just got what we got with the Washington Commanders.  

Anyway, great job 49ers.

I've never seen so much praise for doing so little but I guess that is the state of affairs these days.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Volt said:

So simple, so easy, so good. 

It's amazing that they can create this, yet we just got what we got with the Washington Commanders.  

Anyway, great job 49ers.

It's also nice to see another team that listens and reacts to fan feedback in a constructive way.  From the story on the team's website (emphasis mine):

The San Francisco 49ers unveiled multiple updates to their standard home and away uniforms, fulfilling years of fan requests to bring back design elements from the historic uniforms made famous during the 1980s and 90s

• Like 4

I didn't mind the two-stripe look, but I'm not exactly heartbroken to see it go, either.

I'm absolutely giddy over the return of the saloon font, though! I've wanted that on the jerseys ever since they started using it for end zone art again back in 2018.

Great job 49ers! Never thought the current state of things was bad (they may have the top home/road in the league) (note how I only say home/road) but this is a welcomed update that will look great for consistency and detail sake. Good job in not being lazy SF.

Reason it's getting so much love is because of the amount of teams that ignore this aspect of it all.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Love the return to the three stripes but I’ve never really like the “saloon” wordmark. I’ve always preferred the outgoing one that came around in the 90’s. Not gonna complain too much though because they stripes are correct again.

• Like 4

It would have been a good opportunity to refresh the logo too. The uneven line weights and gold inline feels very "millennium" to me when everyone seemed to be on the swooshy orbital oval train. It really feels like a holdover from the red facemask days and just doesn't seem at home with a classic set. It suggests there should be a gold inline elsewhere on the uniform. Not sure why it bugs me so much for a team I loathe. And before anyone says it, I don't know why the black outline doesn't bother me in the same way.

• Like 7