College Football 2022

Kevin W.

Credit where credit is due: Oregon looks phenomenal. The Duck uni fanboys will actually be correct today.

I had forgotten JMU went up to FBS. Good for them; semi-unrelated but I hope Idaho can return soon. 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Currently watching OU vs. UTEP. I like UTEP's uniforms and branding but I just can't stand the shade of orange they use. Feels too yellow-y and soft to work well in sports. I'd much rather they use something more bold and reddish like Illinois or Clemson, but that might make them a bit too visually similar to UTSA.  OU looks amazing as always.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

1 hour ago, TenaciousG said:

Credit where credit is due: Oregon looks phenomenal. The Duck uni fanboys will actually be correct today.

If only the team could play as well as they look.

I'm excited for the Ohio State v Notre Dame matchup coming up, not only for the game itself but it's week 1 so you'll have blank silver helmets against that Irish gold. Amazing that this is only their 7th meeting.

2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Sucks should have worn yellow pants. 

Also, there’s so many weird details with that plastic-like material on the jerseys. I noticed the strange like green pointy thing on the shoulders and now it’s driving me crazy. 

Just based on their amazing colors, Oregon always looks pretty good in the wide shots (although a contrast of color between the jerseys and pants would improve everything ten-fold).  But then you get a close up of the jerseys and see all the trashy tinsel and bedazzler add-ons. Silly. Kind of embarrassing.   Oh, well.

I would like to recognize how good my defending national champs look in their return to block numbers! Part of me will miss Bulldog Bold. As far as custom fonts go, it was one of the better ones and had some great memories. But this is the classic Georgia look right here. We always had exceptional uniforms, and now with the return of block numbers, I have to think it’s a top 10 look in the country now.

spacer.png

Also, I can’t quite put my finger on it, but something about the block font seems slightly different. Is this an in-house custom job? The weight of the font feels different to other Nike schools. In particular, the sleeve numbers feel a little chunkier compared to a school like Clemson. This is why I’m wondering if Georgia either a) ripped the numbers off the old set and applied new ones, b) had Nike send some blank jerseys and applied them themselves, or c) I’m totally imagining things and Nike manufactured these jerseys.

Earlier I speculated whether Georgia would continue using the modern Nike NOB font as they have since 2013, or if they’d switch to the plain block NOB (like Bama). Looks like they kept the modern NOB. You can see they also updated the helmet number decals.

spacer.png

This was another reason I’ve wondered if Georgia made the switch in-house, because Nike replicas are using the plain block NOB font which doesn’t match the on field look.

spacer.png

Georgia still used the Bulldog Bold wordmarks on the helmet bumpers and in the endzone graphics so it doesn’t look like those are going anywhere.

In comparison, the last time we had block numbers was 2012, and those featured a much thinner block (especially the sleeve numbers, which were very thin). This new style seems to keep a similar weight to the numbers as the Bulldog Bold.

spacer.png

Now please wear the black jerseys more than just at the spring game and let’s get a set of red britches for a game or two on the road.

• Like 1

The play on the field was about as ugly as it gets (though in retrospect that probably should’ve been expected going up against the reigning champs in the 1st game with a new coaching staff), but aesthetically speaking I really did think the Ducks looked quite good in their mono-green with yellow facemasks. I wasn’t completely sold on the yellow masks when the combo was announced, mainly because the fade on the wings goes from yellow to green where they meet the masks, but in action I found myself liking the look more and more. Definitely liked it better than the regular mono-green with green masks that they wore against Oregon State last year. As @oldschoolvikingssaid on the previous page, yellow pants would’ve been better. I’m hoping they wear that combo later this season, preferably with the yellow masks again. I know the shiny elements, shoulder design, etc. aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but to me this entire uniform set is the best the Ducks have had since the Mariota era. I said that on here last year, but it’s worth repeating.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking forward to next week, the Ducks are asking fans to wear black to their home opener against Eastern Washington. I personally think they’ll debut their new nightmare green jerseys, but I don’t know that. I’ve also heard there have been tweaks to the yellow helmets and wouldn’t be surprised to see those this week.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

21 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The play on the field was about as ugly as it gets (though in retrospect that probably should’ve been expected going up against the reigning champs in the 1st game with a new coaching staff), but aesthetically speaking I really did think the Ducks looked quite good in their mono-green with yellow facemasks. I wasn’t completely sold on the yellow masks when the combo was announced, mainly because the fade on the wings goes from yellow to green where they meet the masks, but in action I found myself liking the look more and more. Definitely liked it better than the regular mono-green with green masks that they wore against Oregon State last year. As @oldschoolvikingssaid on the previous page, yellow pants would’ve been better. I’m hoping they wear that combo later this season, preferably with the yellow masks again. I know the shiny elements, shoulder design, etc. aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but to me this entire uniform set is the best the Ducks have had since the Mariota era. I said that on here last year, but it’s worth repeating.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Looking forward to next week, the Ducks are asking fans to wear black to their home opener against Eastern Washington. I personally think they’ll debut their new nightmare green jerseys, but I don’t know that. I’ve also heard there have been tweaks to the yellow helmets and wouldn’t be surprised to see those this week.

The best thing about this matchup was that a traditional looking team destroyed a modern looking team. However, I have a had time saying Oregon's uniforms are "modern" because Penn State, Texas, and Notre Dame have done plain pants for years. 

spacer.png

Random thing I saw that pissed me off 

Montana State had their yellow-out “Gold Rush” game…against McNeese State, who heavily features yellow in their set. 

They could’ve chose any other opponent, but had to go with the one that was toughest on the eyes. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience