2024 NFL Changes

I haven't liked a single thing about the Texans rebrand so far. This could end up being one of the worst looks in the NFL, a term I don't throw around lightly. Hate to be that guy, but every single non-traditional redesign in the NFL over the past few years has been horrible.

• Like 9

I don't like the star tacked on at the side, but I don't see a problem with the H itself.  Whether this was intended or not, the double-struck blackletter font evokes the classic oil derrick logo without actually using it and pissing off the Titans.

I'm not sure I love it as a helmet logo, but as a secondary logo, it's fine. It's better than this, which they never used anyway.

spacer.png

• Like 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

33 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If you do. Google image search on Barry Sanders, I don’t think there’s a single image that shows what most people would call Northwestern stripes. In some cases the sleeves are cut, but their “NW” stripes have outlines on every stripe, similar to the Steelers.  I would not call their classic look a NW-striped jersey. 

I'm old enough to remember without having to look.  The same is true of the Steelers other than the quarterbacks.

That said, I think of both teams as having Northwestern stripes even with (a) the frequent bastardization of the stripes and (b) the additional outlines on the stripes.  In my mind, I know the "real" design of those jerseys includes the full stripe pattern, so I perceive it that way even when much of the pattern is invisible or cut off.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

22 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

Hopefully the Texans didn't hire Tanya Snyder...

Coming 2025: all 32 teams will have a “Tanya Snyder Edition” alternate, designed by the wife of the former Washington owner. They will be obligated to wear the alts in Thursday night contests. The nickname “Tanya Rush” is picking up speed. 

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, ssj_homeslice said:

"Sir, a second leak has hit the Chris Creamer forums"spacer.png

As the President pauses from his reading of “My Pet G.O.A.T.”, a charming tale about a teenaged Tom Brady’s internship at a petting zoo. 

• LOL 2
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Response in the Texans reddit is generally positive.

Reddit is a different universe. Morbid curiosity led me to the Coyotes Reddit this week to see their reaction to the move. 99% of the comments were blaming Gary Bettman. A total disconnect from reality over there. 

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Y'all better pray the number font doesn't look like that H 😆

Oh it'll 100% look like that H...maybe not with all the beveling, but definitely blackletter-esque.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not surprised that Fanatics screwed up and let things out before they're officially released. Has happened numerous times over the years.

I kind of get a Titans vibe (intentional or not) from that H* helmet, perhaps the colors and star combo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Ok, someone tell Denver they're next. The board has got to explode. 

I have a feeling that Denver is going to go the route of Atlanta's most recent uniform redesign and have more subtle, and potentially sublimated design elements with a focus on local colloquialisms and an over designed helmet.

• Like 1

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

5 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Reddit is a different universe. Morbid curiosity led me to the Coyotes Reddit this week to see their reaction to the move. 99% of the comments were blaming Gary Bettman for the move. A total disconnect from reality over there. 

I don't blame Yotes fans for having an emotional reaction to their team leaving. But Reddit definitely shouldn't be designing uniforms.

1 minute ago, tscuzzy said:

gBqVhoU.png

forgive my terrible photoshop skills but matte helmet + reducing the red trim does wonders IMO... it just looks so amateur in the leaked pic

Matte helmet looks worse to me. There's just no improving that Old English H logo.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

gBqVhoU.png

forgive my terrible photoshop skills but matte helmet + reducing the red trim does wonders IMO... it just looks so amateur in the leaked pic

I think I would much rather them do a Houston script instead of a letter. But that might also be worse.

Man, this is the first time in awhile where the "it looks like an XFL/group of 5 college/high school/video game create a team" comments are actually right on the money.

• Like 8

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

52 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

25 minutes ago, chriscj1983 said:

If they do, it's your fault for putting it out there. 

55 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I actually like the helmet itself. I think we need to see what the rest of the uniform is that is going to accompany it. If they are going with something that's a college style design, the helmet will work. If they try matching it with something like that away jersey though, it will be a complete mess. 

1 hour ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

This has a very City Connect feel to them. Considering that idea has graced both MLB and NBA, I am wondering if the Texans are kind of the first team to gineua pig the concept for the NFL -- considering they are only 22 years old, kind of makes sense to use them as the test subject

As long as it's less like the Giants, and more like the Red Sox it should work. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png