MLB 2009

mania

what hat will the NATS wear with the away jeresy. i might like to get that jersey and hat (i have both hats from when they started out).

the blue one, thats not changing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NEW REGULAR ROAD:

pMLB2-5427981dt.jpg

washington_nationals_breadcrumb.jpgonderful!!! I'll buy this one right now!!! :D

Wonderful. I could do without the DC, but I still think they're great...

Hey... I had recently a thought... it's about the Washington scripting on the chest.

Is it a way to reimpose slowly the former, historic Senators script by 2010 or 2011? Kind of reentering the Senators nickname by a back door...

1965senatorstn.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I think the Nats home jersey's would look a lot better if they wore white with navy pinstripes with "Nationals" written in cursive style lettering across the chest.

I've been growing more and more preferential to a simple curly W on the left chest of the home uni -- probably red based but pinstripes would work to. And I'm also intrigued by a home white vest -- again with the red curly W -- but the rest be blue based -- blue undershirt, blue cap, etc.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

For me, seeing just the "W" since it came out, having a script with it seems awkward. It could stand to have a thicker blue outline as well. It really does feel like they took way more inspiration from the Expos than from the Senators.

But it's not bad. Confusing, yes, but certainly not bad.

Hate to be nothing but a critic, so here's my Montreal inspired road jersey done in early 2007 (hence ex- Nat Cordero #32)) I don't have a template for pants - they would have a leg stripe matching the sleeve trim with red socks. The wordmark is mine - the DC logo, name and number fonts are not. I think the Curly W is hideous so I had no interest in forcing it into a wordmark. Naturally I much prefer mine over the team version :D

WSH.jpg

first things first, the Cards' navy caps: even though every element of their grays is identical to those on the home whites, their red cap/gray uni combo still jars me every time i see it. yeah, it's not all that logical but IMO the red caps fit the whites far better than they do the current grays.

now to the Nats. that script doesn't appear destined to go with anything but the red W cap. The DC on the sleeve would be far better used on the home jersey. The navy caps will look incredibly out of place with this. Why did I not say this about the Cardinals' road caps? Because the STL provides sufficient red to make it seem to belong. Same with the Indians' road caps, Chief Wahoo is sufficiently red enough to make the jersey's red make sense. Although I figure not looking like the Cardinals may have been a concern, the road cap's W would need to be changed to red with a white outline to really go with the new jerseys. As it is now, it appears to belong to a completely different uniform.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

first things first, the Cards' navy caps: even though every element of their grays is identical to those on the home whites, their red cap/gray uni combo still jars me every time i see it. yeah, it's not all that logical but IMO the red caps fit the whites far better than they do the current grays.

now to the Nats. that script doesn't appear destined to go with anything but the red W cap. The DC on the sleeve would be far better used on the home jersey. The navy caps will look incredibly out of place with this. Why did I not say this about the Cardinals' road caps? Because the STL provides sufficient red to make it seem to belong. Same with the Indians' road caps, Chief Wahoo is sufficiently red enough to make the jersey's red make sense. Although I figure not looking like the Cardinals may have been a concern, the road cap's W would need to be changed to red with a white outline to really go with the new jerseys. As it is now, it appears to belong to a completely different uniform.

While that would certainly be a big improvement, I still think that the road cap should be red with a navy W outlined in white.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Like so many others already, I LOVE the new road jerseys and agree that they REALLY need to top it with a red cap. The blue cap is going to look out of place, just as it does on the Cardinals.

Are you serious? The Cardinals set is gorgeous, and the blue cap works incredibly well with the roads. And this is coming from a Cubs fan, too.

Well, I would defend my opinion, but others have sorta beaten me to it.

I've always believed that the cap color should match the color of the numbers and letters on the jersey. This won't be a popular opinion, but since the Red Sox began emphasizing red in their uniforms, their navy caps have not matched well. I'm sure there are other teams that violate the rule, but I'm too tired to think about it right now. :P

Like so many others already, I LOVE the new road jerseys and agree that they REALLY need to top it with a red cap. The blue cap is going to look out of place, just as it does on the Cardinals.

Are you serious? The Cardinals set is gorgeous, and the blue cap works incredibly well with the roads. And this is coming from a Cubs fan, too.

Well, I would defend my opinion, but others have sorta beaten me to it.

I've always believed that the cap color should match the color of the numbers and letters on the jersey. This won't be a popular opinion, but since the Red Sox began emphasizing red in their uniforms, their navy caps have not matched well. I'm sure there are other teams that violate the rule, but I'm too tired to think about it right now. :P

The Orioles, Braves and Indians (though they have a red brim on some caps), D-Backs, Mets (most of the time) and Twins all have different color caps and numbers.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

For better or for worse?

Boy howdie, can?t the Nats do anything right? As you may recall, their new road uni has plain, non-beveled uni numbers on the front ? or at least it did at last week?s unveiling. But now a little birdie tells me that the jerseys shown at the unveiling were wrong and that the front numbers on the road jersey will be beveled after all.

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

The gold in the Nationals set is so out of place... it feels like they tried too hard to work it in, but only half of the time.

The Potomac Nationals don't use gold and look fine.

Or, as I like to say...the Potomac Nationals don't use gold, and their jerseys look better than those of the parent club!

I still say the biggest problem with the Nationals' uniforms is that damned number font!

I have a similar problem with the Red Sox, but that's because I believe that the caps should ideally match the socks, or failing that the undershirts. When the Sox had navy undershirts, their set worked pretty well because the undersleeves were navy and that was enough to balance out the look on most days. When they moved into their "red, baby, red!" phase, the caps suddenly looked out of place.

The gold in the Nationals set is so out of place... it feels like they tried too hard to work it in, but only half of the time.

The Potomac Nationals don't use gold and look fine.

2412378760_37e7848954.jpg

http://flickr.com/photos/psuharry/477655874/

That's pretty much how I think the big boys in DC should look. Emphasize the navy and de-emphasize the red. And either have gold as a trim color, outlining the lettering/numerals, or simply in the logo only or not even there.

I'd love to hear from Colorwerx on this, but this is what the sources I cultivated in 2004 and 2005 in the commish's office and the city staff told me (most of these are one- or two-source assertions, making them questionable at best):

1. Selig wanted the team to be named Senators. Like, really really really wanted it.

2. Mayor Williams made it absolutely clear that the Senators name was a dealbreaker, so Selig opted for the fallback Nationals name. At the time, Selig very much hoped that the new owners, when chosen, would change the name to Senators, and went out of his way to communicate that the new ownership would be given a window in which to rename the team if they so chose.

3. Radom did design a complete identity package matching the gold-beveled jersey script, complete with a beautiful slightly serifed block W on the cap.

That would explain the (really beautiful) cap we've seen.

What's the latest news regarding the Orioles' new jerseys being released on Wednesday?

There is a rally scheduled for 12:00 on Wednesday at the Gallery at Harborplace at which time the uniforms will be unveiled. The team website says only that a "major announcement" will be made, however it is pretty well understood that that means the new uniforms will be unveiled then.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived