NHL 09-10 Changes

KrazyHorse

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, right. Well they should wear their dynasty throwbacks, or some subtle update of them. Now that I look, I don't like those hem stripes.

I prefer the 72-77's to the Dynasty roads. The white at the bottom adds more brightness to the jersey. The Dynasty roads were too dull IMO

one_potvin02.jpg

01.stanley-cup.jpg

sutton_3rdjersey110308n.jpg

New York Yankees~27 World Championships

Possibly, but then it wouldn't be pointless like it is now. I had the sweater right in front of me, and I could barley make out the checkered pattern. Why put something it that you can't even make out if it's right in front of you?

I like the fact that it's done so subtly. Reminds me of the vertical striping on the Patriots' jerseys. Make them stand out more, and they're the Nashville Checkers. (Which would have been a good name initially, had it not already been taken.)

The Blue Jackets used to have it too

1zgyd8w.jpg

so i was over my dads house today and i saw he got me the Flyers winter classic jersey for x-mas, so i tried it on, little upset bc it fits just like the old CCM/KOHO replica jerseys, i never liked them bc im a bigger guy and they never fit me right. the sleaves are a little shorter then the new edge jerseys.

Phils2.pngPhils_Primary.pngPhils4.pngPhils3.png

Did anyone else notice the NHL had changed the game pucks for this season? I was watching the Flyers-Bruins highlights on YouTube and near the end where Timonen lobs the puck into the empty net, the camera zooms into the puck. It looks very plain with just the NHL shield, as opposed to the one with the silver ring and the horizontal stripe.

I did a google search and found this:

p6624291dt.jpg

Apparently, they're made by Sher-Wood, so they don't have the InGlasCo brand as it did for so many years. I heard InGlasCo was actually apart of Sher-Wood, so maybe they re-branded.

And you know what I noticed? The circle with the two lines on each side looks like a faceoff circle with the hash marks.

• 3 weeks later...

so i was over my dads house today and i saw he got me the Flyers winter classic jersey for x-mas, so i tried it on, little upset bc it fits just like the old CCM/KOHO replica jerseys, i never liked them bc im a bigger guy and they never fit me right. the sleaves are a little shorter then the new edge jerseys.

Aren't the replica edges basically the same cut as the old CCM jerseys, just with the thinner material?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

So, what is everyone's opinion on the worst uniform SET in the NHL right now. Not really talking about continuity issues (Wild, Canadiens, etc), but just downright AWFUL, especially in comparison to their old CCM/KOHO sets.

My vote goes to the Calgary Flames. Their old set (the red and white, after they got rid of the black) was beautiful. I even used to own the old red one. The current jerseys are an absolute mess. Piping to nowhere, a design that is ugly and makes no sense.

Close runner-up would be the St. Louis Blues. Granted their third is "nice" (not great, in my opinion I designed a better third than they came up with), but their home and away, compared to their old set, is such a step back it's not even funny.

The Blues experienced the worse downgrade, definitely, but I don't think their new set is the league's worst, the old set was just that good.

I would agree with Calgary. I actually don't mind the Flames in Black, but the current set is awful. Between the vertical stripes on the sweaters, the piping to nowhere, and the flags on the shoulders, it's a mess.

Edmonton also has to be considered. Whereas the Flames' set tries to do to much, the Oilers' set doesn't do enough. They're so plain they're ugly.

The Flames uniforms just make me angry every time I see them. Piping that doesn't end and the flags get kind of annoying. They should have just used their pre edge unis and just made them on the edge template.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So, what is everyone's opinion on the worst uniform SET in the NHL right now. Not really talking about continuity issues (Wild, Canadiens, etc), but just downright AWFUL, especially in comparison to their old CCM/KOHO sets.

My vote goes to the Calgary Flames. Their old set (the red and white, after they got rid of the black) was beautiful. I even used to own the old red one. The current jerseys are an absolute mess. Piping to nowhere, a design that is ugly and makes no sense.

Close runner-up would be the St. Louis Blues. Granted their third is "nice" (not great, in my opinion I designed a better third than they came up with), but their home and away, compared to their old set, is such a step back it's not even funny.

Atlanta Thrashers, hands down. Home and road look nothing alike, single arm stripe with lettering down the sleeve, and the alternate is a total disaster.

Atlanta Thrashers, hands down. Home and road look nothing alike, single arm stripe with lettering down the sleeve, and the alternate is a total disaster.

Add the LA Kings to the list. The jerseys worked well in the era in which they were introduced. Now, especially with the unnecessary removal of the hem stripes, they look outdated and their new third needs to become the home next season. I love everything about their 3rd, logo and all. I'd also love to see a vintage purple 1969 jersey comeback as their alt.

I agree that the Flames current set is a huge downgrade. I have always loved their pre-Edge design and long wanted it to return. However, last night as I was taking some pictures of my Flames pre-Edge white jersey for my jersey blog, I couldn't help but thinking that the triangular striping design seems very 90's (even though it was mostly worn during the 2000's). Anywho, the current design is bad.

As for the Kings, I agree about the fact that the system carryover kinda ruined it, but I don't think their look is bad, just not perfect. I think their problem is the whole too many styles thing, the current stuff, the throwback stuff, and the purple-heavy stuff. Pick one idea to use as full time, use the other as an alternate. This is what they have now, only people like the alternate more than the full time stuff.

Flyers didnt bother taking the Winter Classic patch off the jersey for tonights game. They said on the TV broadcast on Sunday that its not official yet, but the Winter Classic jersey will most likely become the full time white jersey starting next season. (Not official meaning he didnt want to let the cat completely out of the bag just yet) Now they just need to get rid of those stupid black nameplates and return them to what they really wore in the 70's and the set will be complete.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I agree about the black nameplates. They degrade the whole look and definitely need to go.

Have they switched to making sure the sleeve numbers fit inside the stripe? If they haven't, that needs to change as well. Narrower numbers, wider stripes, I don't care; it just looks sloppy when they overlap the two colors.

I agree about the black nameplates. They degrade the whole look and definitely need to go.

Have they switched to making sure the sleeve numbers fit inside the stripe? If they haven't, that needs to change as well. Narrower numbers, wider stripes, I don't care; it just looks sloppy when they overlap the two colors.

But it's the same ugly, stupid, pointless way they wore it in '74. Therefore, it'a good, or traditional, or something.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived