Unpopular Opinions

...or hopefully this one:

1103-canada-alt.png

I'd like my neighbors to the north to go to that uniform design. It is incredibly nice.

I can't really complain about American national team designs. The Team USA soccer team kits since about 2003 are nice (though the crest could use some work). The Team USA baseball team has an awesome design.

USA Hockey and USA Basketball both have crappy logos, but at least those logos have ceased appearing on the uniforms. I personally think that all Team USA teams should use a touched-up and modernized version of this logo:

6555.gif

but that's just my (probably unpopular) opinion.

Actually, I think you're going to see something like that this time around ...

Shield6ea34594-6a82-42c9-b2c5-339511c59d2a_jpg.jpg

After what's happened with the soccer and ice hockey teams not being allowed to use their federation wordmarks, I think you're going to see these on a lot more jerseys this time around.

Well, then. I guess we're going to see by the time the Olympics roll around. I, for one, will be excited to see what they do.

I prefer the older eagle to that crest, though. However, it would look great on the Team USA soccer kits.

spacer.png

I'm not sure if your opinion's the unpopular one or if mine is, but: ICK. Same thing for the other examples given above; those old Canada logos are awful. Same thing with the squiggly eagle.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm not sure if your opinion's the unpopular one or if mine is, but: ICK. Same thing for the other examples given above; those old Canada logos are awful. Same thing with the squiggly eagle.

By "squiggly eagle" do you mean this?

6555.gif

If so, I agree that the eagle shouldn't be brought back verbatim. Everthing's off-center and looks incredibly archaic. That said, if they touche it up and modernize it (like Ice_Cap), then you'd have a pretty good Team USA logo.

spacer.png

Not sure if unpopular but I hate logos above the nameplate. Or replace a nameplate altogether.

751f386bfeb55c0939d8379b491f06ae-getty-136100163.jpg

628x471.jpg

Actually I think that's a very popular opinion. I think I have the unpopular opinion in that I don't mind when certain teams do this such as the Cardinals and Vikings b/c they had logos on the sleeves before but their new designs don't have room for them. However I don't like it for the Bills since they never had a logo on their jerseys before, so it seems strange for them to just suddenly stick a logo above their nameplates.

Not sure if unpopular but I hate logos above the nameplate. Or replace a nameplate altogether.

Actually I think that's a very popular opinion. I think I have the unpopular opinion in that I don't mind when certain teams do this such as the Cardinals and Vikings b/c they had logos on the sleeves before but their new designs don't have room for them. However I don't like it for the Bills since they never had a logo on their jerseys before, so it seems strange for them to just suddenly stick a logo above their nameplates.

I wouldn't be surprised if more and more teams did away with this. There's really not much room, and more and more players have that area covered up by their hair anyway. I think it would be a better spot for the manufacturer logo, but the same issue woud arise.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

One of the best pro combats nike has done to date IMO.

YES

I disagree. It wasn't a terrible uniform, but I think it's one of the weaker Pro Combat uniforms, especially in comparison to their 2009 uniform.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

These are the best Canada hockey sweaters:

PaulHendersonTeamCanada1972AuthenticJersey_big.jpg

TeamCanada1972CommemorativeReplicaJersey%28Home-Red%29_big.jpg

No they aren't. Those sweaters are so bad that they can't even be used in a game, unless every game is a clash,

Interesting. Considering they were exclusively worn against a team that also wore red and white, and no one seemed to have a problem telling the teams apart.

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

YES

I disagree. It wasn't a terrible uniform, but I think it's one of the weaker Pro Combat uniforms, especially in comparison to their 2009 uniform.

I just think this version is the best mainly because of the "technical" parts in the uniform going with the Tech in the University. They took a strange design element and made it look great in a uniform. The version prior for VT was good I think as a main uniform for every game use with a change to the pant stripe, but I respect your opinion.

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

YES

I just think this version is the best mainly because of the "technical" parts in the uniform going with the Tech in the University. They took a strange design element and made it look great in a uniform. The version prior for VT was good I think as a main uniform for every game use with a change to the pant stripe, but I respect your opinion.

Couldn't agree more. I really loved this uniform.

spacer.png

vt_closeup-600x338.jpg

YES

Couldn't agree more. I really loved this uniform.

These were great, I remember watching this game and, seeing everybody's facebook statuses about how cool these uniforms were. My top 5 Pro Combats are these, FSU, Missouri, Boise this year, and Oregon States Giant Killer set.

I hate the 1990-2008 Red Sox road uniforms and everyone's inexplicable love affair with them.

image.jpg

070508_manny.jpg

There. There, I said it. They were nice in the 90s, but grew outdated by the time the update came around.

I think with the new road script in those colors and red placket piping, it would be great. OR a move that the Sox could make which would be surprising, but awesome is get a red crown, blue B, blue brimmed hat and wear it on the road with the current roadies with the blue script. I think that would look epic, but that's really for another thread, not here.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png